Santorum thinks your college education is a bad thing

I dont know about all this college stuff, but Santorum is right. Obama is a snob, and an idiot as well.

You can accuse Obama of lots of things, and be correct. But "idiot" is not one of those things. The guy is really, really smart. That doesn't automatically equate to "great president," but he's certainly not an idiot.

The closest thing we've had to an idiot in the presidency, at least in recent memory, is George Bush. The second one.

• Fire 1

I dont know about all this college stuff, but Santorum is right. Obama is a snob, and an idiot as well.

You can accuse Obama of lots of things, and be correct. But "idiot" is not one of those things. The guy is really, really smart. That doesn't automatically equate to "great president," but he's certainly not an idiot.

The closest thing we've had to an idiot in the presidency, at least in recent memory, is George Bush. The second one.

Yeah . . . that.

Bill Maher is correct in his concern...

Half of me sees Rick Santorum and says, bring it on, he could never win! Other half says, f#*k, I don't put anything past this stupid country.

I love it...............this guy is digging his own grave, can't wait to see him fail.

Digging a grave to a potential victory in Michigan? :)

What is amazing is such a small amount of people are making the descision. Turnout in many of these primaries is less than 10% I've seen a couple them were of less than 5%. Small rabid minority is making the pick...

I'm not sold on really, really smart. The guy can present himself well but some of the things said off the cuff make me scratch my head.

As far as education. Is it worth the cost these days?

I'm not sold on really, really smart. The guy can present himself well but some of the things said off the cuff make me scratch my head.

If you read some of the underlying opinions out there, due to the economy it seems that education may be starting to take a backseat to experience. People are faced with tough decisions because of the economy and simply can't afford to go to school right now. I'm watching the trends...............exact reason why I haven't went to get my master's at this point.

I'm missing the dumb comments, I guess. Or, I'm missing the amount of dumb comments that exceed those of his recent contemporaries in that office. Stick a mic in a president's face seven times a day and he's bound to say something that doesn't come out right. Heck, Bush II made a career of it. But to the point, that doesn't mean Obama is not smart. He's sharp.

Regarding the bold, I don't know what it costs these days. I know it's significantly higher than it was 20 years ago when I went to college, and I'm really concerned about paying for school for my kid when the time comes. There is a lot to be said about having a college degree. Over the course of a lifetime the average college grad makes about a million dollars more than a non-graduate, but those are old numbers from a study a year or five ago. Not sure what that would be today, or even if that will hold true to as we go on.

I tend to think it's better to have a degree than not.... but the cost is a growing factor in that discussion.

If you read some of the underlying opinions out there, due to the economy it seems that education may be starting to take a backseat to experience. People are faced with tough decisions because of the economy and simply can't afford to go to school right now. I'm watching the trends...............exact reason why I haven't went to get my master's at this point.

In some ways experience is more valuable than an education provided you have more experience than someone going to college. Most people can't afford college but go through student loans. that is exactly what they are for. I don't know too many people than can pay for their own way every semester unless you are daddies little girl. The economy won't be down forever it will eventually get going again. A degree is worth a lot because you can always do different things but experience can't unless you have a lot of it and in different job areas. Getting something higher than a Bachelor's degree depends on what field you go into and if it will get you more money or a better job. Anyone who says they can't afford school is simply is lying to themselves.

Yeah that's kind of what I was saying. The education today seems to have less value when you compare the insane debt you come out with. Lets say you get out with 20 grand. Break that down into your monthly payments and you have to be making what you did before school + just to break even. If you can pay for everything out of pocket then it's a no brainer. Most can't. Thanks to student loans provided by the government....the schools can charge more. Before if you didn't have the money you couldn't go (or at least couldn't afford to pay up front).

I finished with my doctorate. $200 grand. Will it be worth it...maybe. All I know is the extra 1-2k I would have to pay per month is a big hurdle. Now income based repayment becomes a serious consideration. I'm not one to advocate letting others pay for your debt but I'm under some very odd circumstances that have made my decision to get a graduate degree seem questionable. Who can predict what their future will look like. In my case I have put myself into a major hole when family and friends and professionals all told me that a high level education in my field with hard work would pay off. Nobody could have anticipated my current situation. So here I sit. Facing a mountain of debt which will probably be there for the next 24 years. Then I have to try to build up a retirement plan.

• Fire 1