Huskers vs, UNLV

Huskers make a late push to come from behind. Down 7-3 going into the 6th they scored 3. They ended the game winning 8-7. Huber closes out his second game of the weekend! looks like he could make a case to be the closer. Huskers end the weekend 4-0 to make their record 4-3 for the season. I think that the competition wasnt great but i think it was a great confidence builder for the team as a whole.

Huskers make a late push to come from behind. Down 7-3 going into the 6th they scored 3. They ended the game winning 8-7. Huber closes out his second game of the weekend! looks like he could make a case to be the closer. Huskers end the weekend 4-0 to make their record 4-3 for the season. I think that the competition wasnt great but i think it was a great confidence builder for the team as a whole.

Yeah, obviously not pleased that they managed to go down 7-3, but with four games in three days I'd imagine our pitching was a bit tuckered out. Being over .500 at this point in the season is definitely a plus. Ideally we'll sweep next weekend too, with West Virginia, New Mexico State and Minnesota all being mediocre to bad. 7-3 would be a nice record to start the home slate with, especially considering better play last weekend could have had us a 7-0 or 6-1 record right now.

As I said last night, the Big 10 is looking even worse than I thought, if we can shore up our rotation AND our pen just a little more, there's no reason to think we won't challenge for the conference title. I really want to be excited about this team, next weekend should tell us where we really are. Anything less than 2-1 will be really disappointing.

Also, gotta like the way the bats performed this weekend. I don't think there are any all-american type pitchers in the Big Ten, if we can keep hitting, that's gonna be a big plus.

Exactly............great morale builder to come back when down to your last out..........

Sweeping these 4 doesn't totally erase the disappointment of last week's meltdown, but it's the best we could have hoped for going in..

Congrats............

Gonzaga is undefeated and beat Illinois in a close game and blew them out in another. No one int the Big10 has many impressive wins.

I understand your dissappointment in losing 3 close games, just trying to make you feel better.

Exactly............great morale builder to come back when down to your last out..........

Sweeping these 4 doesn't totally erase the disappointment of last week's meltdown, but it's the best we could have hoped for going in..

Congrats............

Gonzaga is undefeated and beat Illinois in a close game and blew them out in another. No one int the Big10 has many impressive wins.

I understand your dissappointment in losing 3 close games, just trying to make you feel better.

Mission accomplished............

Yeah, obviously not pleased that they managed to go down 7-3, but with four games in three days I'd imagine our pitching was a bit tuckered out. Being over .500 at this point in the season is definitely a plus. Ideally we'll sweep next weekend too, with West Virginia, New Mexico State and Minnesota all being mediocre to bad. 7-3 would be a nice record to start the home slate with, especially considering better play last weekend could have had us a 7-0 or 6-1 record right now.

As I said last night, the Big 10 is looking even worse than I thought, if we can shore up our rotation AND our pen just a little more, there's no reason to think we won't challenge for the conference title. I really want to be excited about this team, next weekend should tell us where we really are. Anything less than 2-1 will be really disappointing.

Also, gotta like the way the bats performed this weekend. I don't think there are any all-american type pitchers in the Big Ten, if we can keep hitting, that's gonna be a big plus.

There is no way Nebraska could ever contend for a Big 10 title.....not with DE at the helm

:sarcasm

• Fire 1

There is no way Nebraska could ever contend for a Big 10 title.....not with DE at the helm

You know I never said that......right?

• Fire 1

Congrats............

Purdue has impressed so far.. Gonzaga is not a terrible team, but they are not a good team by any means.

All in all, very good weekend. It was nice to see the offense continue to progress and was AWESOME to see 6 shutout innings out of the pen today. If that continues to improve, we could be pretty solid. I still don't think we compete for that hosting spot like someone said we definitely would, but we should compete for the conference title and an NCAA birth.

Can't wait til the first home game.

It's funny how you know I was talking to you

• Fire 1

Congrats............

Purdue has impressed so far.. Gonzaga is not a terrible team, but they are not a good team by any means.

All in all, very good weekend. It was nice to see the offense continue to progress and was AWESOME to see 6 shutout innings out of the pen today. If that continues to improve, we could be pretty solid. I still don't think we compete for that hosting spot like someone said we definitely would, but we should compete for the conference title and an NCAA birth.

This. It's too bad it's the middle of a work day, not sure what to expect for a crowd. Hopefully they continue to impress, if they do I think that Saturday game against Cal - first home weekend - will draw a very impressive crowd.

Congrats............

This. It's too bad it's the middle of a work day, not sure what to expect for a crowd. Hopefully they continue to impress, if they do I think that Saturday game against Cal - first home weekend - will draw a very impressive crowd.

i know that many of my friends and i are going to be there!

It's funny how you know I was talking to you

Um... Maybe because YOU QUOTED HIM. Seriously, not that hard to figure out. You could be in your first ever thread on this board and figure out you were talking to him....

Congrats............

i know that many of my friends and i are going to be there!

I'm planning on being there for a little over an hour before I have to head off to class. If they do continue to play well, that Cal weekend could be a huge crowd, you're right.. Cal isn't quite as good as some of us hoped they would be, but it'll be good to play a 'name' team..