Huskers lead 1-0 at the end of 5. Just left the bases loaded in the bottom of the fifth. Not sure exactly who he has in v. who the regular starters are, so he may be resting guys today, and trying some out. Still, a lead is a lead. Thought I'd throw that out there. D1baseball.com sent me in the right direction for live stats. Finally found the link on huskers.com. Hadn't ever found the live stat pages on there before without them being listed in the schedule. Nice to know where they are for the future.

Erstad was just on the radio and said we didn't come out with the enthusiasm and energy he wanted. Said the pitchers left too many pitches up in the strike zone. He said they approach UNK just like they would any opponent-play our game with our type of energy and we can play with anyone.

Took my boys to the game today. My oldest second and my younest, his first. The majority of the game was played by the younger bench players. No problem with this at all looking at the number of games this team plays in this homestand in a short time frame. Christensen and Kiser were the only regulars that got the start. Kiser hit the homer, that the wind pushed out. Kash pinch hit late in the game and stayed at DH going 0-2 but hitting the ball solidly. Scheffert pinch hit late as well. Spitsnogle threw the ball good today.

The thing that makes games like these fun, is that NU is seeing what probably was UNK ace. And any small school that comes in throwing their ace, has a chance. Might be a wierd delivery or a new release point that can baffle a team. Saw it last year against Doane who started a 3/4 throwing motion. Both teams hit the ball hard, and well, more often than not it was right at someone. It was a good game, just pretty cold.

Great side note. It probably was around the tenth Husker baseball game I attended before getting a foul/homerun ball. My 5 year old ran down a ball hit by Austin Darby by himself to claim his first. Just had to prevent him from throwing it to the UNK bullpen so that they "could have their ball back"