"We just need more talent..."

"Just wait until the year after next if you're wondering what Lucky can do behind USC's OL. I think after this season, he's as good as gone! I'll give you two guesses as to where he goes, and the first one doesn't count!"

Word to that. After BC's "Let's blame the players" press conference (which I'm sure he thinks is some kind of motivator... I don't remember... did he get a "dumbest team in america" blast out this time?), if I were a player with ANY marketable tallent (and there are a number of them, you friggin BC apologists) I would be out of here immediately. School spirit be damned. What in the hell happened to team spirit from the coaches? How in the HELL could I be expected to have any confidence in that B@$t@rd after he more or less said that the situation is hopless? And before anyone jumps in and says, "Find a quote where he says that it's hopeless! I don't know how to read between the lines!" let me simply say that if a coach says that the players simply don't have the ability to win games, that implies that there is nothing that can be done regardless of his amazing coaching skillz. BC should be canned for that crack and the players should strike.

i will say this..........if Lucky walks, the recruiting will be zero for the 2006 class...if that indeed happens Cally should be immediately terminated.....regardless the impact on the program.....this is a cancer in the head coach that will only spread through the team and the program.......again if he walks, can Cally.....not that Lucky is a premidonna........but it should tell you what is going on in the players heads!

hunter

"Find a quote where he says that it's hopeless! I don't know how to read between the lines!" let me simply say that if a coach says that the players simply don't have the ability to win games, that implies that there is nothing that can be done regardless of his amazing coaching skillz. BC should be canned for that crack and the players should strike.

That's the thing about reading between the lines. You are reading something that isn't there, so anyone can argue with you until you both are blue in the face. Fact is neither can really be "right".Unless you are dealing with formerfan than OMG IT'S THE TRUTH!!!!1

Did you listen to any of the kid's interviews?

It comes down to this. If you don't like Callahan, you will find anything and everything to possibly throw his way. Objectivity be damned.

"If you don't like Callahan, you will find anything and everything to possibly throw his way. Objectivity be damned."

However, if you DO like BC, you'll be able to make an excuse for all of his screwups, bad decisions (throat slashing), and player-blaming. Objectivity again being damned. His press conference was destructive.

I agree completely! We all want the same thing, the HUSKERS to win! If it doesn't happen we just need to accept it, be patient and move on...
:yeah Im not trying to start anything, but it just agravates me that some these same husker fans were praising the coaching staff now there ready to hang them, all im saying is we need to be a little patient. sorry if I come off a little harsh. frusrtration I guess.
"If you don't like Callahan, you will find anything and everything to possibly throw his way. Objectivity be damned."

However, if you DO like BC, you'll be able to make an excuse for all of his screwups, bad decisions (throat slashing), and player-blaming. Objectivity again being damned. His press conference was destructive.

I don't think so. I was at the game. No one showed up. It was awful. At times no matter what play was called, we couldn't do a damn thing.

Sorry, blame is shared equally between players and coaches. Obviously they can both do something better to contribute to the team winning. The fact that you want to blast the staff for blaming the players is your thing. I just think it's hogwash.

Dollars to donuts I bet you ask Cory McKeon what he thought of Callahans words and he will tell you he is right. It was god awful, embarassing, etc etc. No matter how much people want to think there is or possibly put one there, I don't think there is this massive wedge between players and coaches.

owa Hired Kirk Ferents in 1999

1999 record: 1-10 (pulled in 59th ranked recruiting class)

2000 record: 3-9 (pulled in 60th ranked recruiting class)

2001 record: 7-5 (pulled in 51st ranked recruiting class)

2002 record: 11-2 (pulled in 43rd ranked recruiting class)

2003 record: 10-3 (pulled in 38th ranked recruiting class)

2004 record: 10-2 (pulled in 11th ranked recruiting class)

*took Ferentz 1 year longer because his recruiting classes were not that special

Huh, you mean that Ferentz had WORSE classes than Solich???? Is that even possible??

:sarcasm

I guess that those guys miraculously/luckily became good players and built the team into a very good team??? :blink:

Oh, wait, they have something NU doesnt....a good coach!

*took Ferentz 1 year longer because his recruiting classes were not that special

Huh, you mean that Ferentz had WORSE classes than Solich???? Is that even possible??

I guess that those guys miraculously/luckily became good players and built the team into a very good team??? :blink:

Here's what Ferentz inherited:

1992 Iowa 5-7

1993 Iowa 6-6

1994 Iowa 5-5-1

1995 Iowa 8-4

1996 Iowa 9-3

1997 Iowa 7-5

1998 Iowa 3-8

A little worse than what Cally was handed. ;)

Here's what Ferentz inherited:

1992 Iowa 5-7

1993 Iowa 6-6

1994 Iowa 5-5-1

1995 Iowa 8-4

1996 Iowa 9-3

1997 Iowa 7-5

1998 Iowa 3-8

A little worse than what Cally was handed. ;)

Hahah, you have to love it when other people already know the answer and formerfan who tries to sound like he knows everything doesn't.

If common sense told clone to research what Ferentz inherited, why didn't it work for you Formerfan. That's all i have to say. The research speaks for itself, but then again, i am sure you will find ways to discredit information as you always do