*** Official Women's BB March Madness Thread ***

One could argue the ladies deserved a five seed(because Purdue and PSU got 4 seeds), but this seed and bracket are honestly the best scenario thay could have landed in. Tennessee is nothing to write home about. Delaware has Delle Donne, but not a lot more. Baylor will have it's hands full just surviving the top half of this bracket. Anyone that predicted a potential Sweet 16 out of this team is flat out lying.

Agree with all of the above except if it could have been replicated in another region..........away from Baylor...........

I think this is the best one seed for NU match up wise. Notre Dame, Stanford and UCONN would run right with NU and probably out run them. Griner, yes the most dominant player in the game because of her presense inside, but making her get out and run full court all game and it is a slightly different story. Think back to the OSU game at home when OSU tried to keep their big girl in the game. Think back to how running PSU in Happy Valley took Green out of the game. My thought is that UCONN, ND and Stanford all have backcourts that can outrace and outlast NU's.

First things first is KU and then hopefully Delaware and as I said the best All Around athlete in Delle Donne.

Good points and I agree. My main concern with Griner is on the back end of their defense. Her presence allows their guards a lot of leeway in harrassing the ball handlers just by virtue of her intimidation protecting the rim.

Otherwise, I would concur making her run is to an opponents advantage (although she is pretty athletic for her size).

But you are correct that we have other obstacles before that, and the remainder of the bracket IS about as managable as they could have hoped for.

One could argue the ladies deserved a five seed(because Purdue and PSU got 4 seeds), but this seed and bracket are honestly the best scenario thay could have landed in. Tennessee is nothing to write home about. Delaware has Delle Donne, but not a lot more. Baylor will have it's hands full just surviving the top half of this bracket. Anyone that predicted a potential Sweet 16 out of this team is flat out lying.

Agree with all of the above except if it could have been replicated in another region..........away from Baylor...........

I think this is the best one seed for NU match up wise. Notre Dame, Stanford and UCONN would run right with NU and probably out run them. Griner, yes the most dominant player in the game because of her presense inside, but making her get out and run full court all game and it is a slightly different story. Think back to the OSU game at home when OSU tried to keep their big girl in the game. Think back to how running PSU in Happy Valley took Green out of the game. My thought is that UCONN, ND and Stanford all have backcourts that can outrace and outlast NU's.

First things first is KU and then hopefully Delaware and as I said the best All Around athlete in Delle Donne.

Good points and I agree. My main concern with Griner is on the back end of their defense. Her presence allows their guards a lot of leeway in harrassing the ball handlers just by virtue of her intimidation protecting the rim.

Otherwise, I would concur making her run is to an opponents advantage (although she is pretty athletic for her size).

But you are correct that we have other obstacles before that, and the remainder of the bracket IS about as managable as they could have hoped for.

Took what you said into consideration of my thoughts. My biggest thing with Griner, is that so many teams are intimidated by her they do not attack her. Use of the body to draw contact and frustrate a shot blocker is something many of the teams that played Baylor refused to do. NU has quicknes in the post that potentially could lead to foul trouble for her.

Also I think if OSU doesn't beat Baylor, which I think is VERY possible, they will lay out a pretty good game plan on what to do with them.

They are dogged for sure against anyone...........but nobody has done much with Griener..............just too dominate

I totally get what you're saying but come on at least be grammatically correct.

dominate....verb expressing action...I expect to DOMINATE my opponent.

dominant...noun expressing a person, place, thing or idea...Alabama is a DOMINANT team.

They are dogged for sure against anyone...........but nobody has done much with Griener..............just too dominate

I totally get what you're saying but come on at least be grammatically correct.

dominate....verb expressing action...I expect to DOMINATE my opponent.

dominant...noun expressing a person, place, thing or idea...Alabama is a DOMINANT team.

Caught me...................(fwiw, it usually bugs me too when grammatical errors twist the substance, but I try to let it go because I've seen too many upset posters when someone corrects them). I'll chalk my egregious error to hurry, laziness, or becoming immune to the "accepted" shorthand that passes for communication today. Regardless, I've got no problem with being corrected. :)