*** Official Women's BB March Madness Thread ***

The Husker naifs spread their wings for Year One of the future of Women's Husker Basketball, and behold! they earn a seed in the post-season tournament.

Four more years of this, folks. And that's just until this crop of wet-eared Freshman graduate. We got recruits coming in to keep this rolling.

Any-old-hoo, here's an article from Sam M of the Weird Harold, painting a picture of the fun-but-tough crew that currently carries the banner for Husker Hoops.

Husker fun bunch is all business on the court

LINCOLN — A scene from October, before a sparkling, surprising Nebraska women's basketball season had begun:

Tear'a Laudermill — one of six freshmen on the Husker team — smacked hard into sophomore Jordan Hooper during practice. Broke her nose. Trainers and teammates helped her stop the bleeding with cotton balls and gauze.

And coach Connie Yori — only one month removed from the hospital, where a painful staph infection in her left knee kept her in rehab — had one question.

Are you in or are you out, T?

In or out? Yori had asked that of all her players after last season, when injuries turned the Huskers' 10-1 start into a 13-18 finish. Are you committed — to this team, to your role, to this drill — or not?

"Muh min," Laudermill remembered saying through all the gunk in her nose.

I'm in.

Maybe more than any other player, Laudermill reminds me of Vonnie Turner, a ball-hawking, harassing, tenacious defender whose career ended in the Sweet 16 two years ago, without nearly enough fanfare for how much sweat and tears she put into this program. On the foundation that Vonnie, Kelsey Griffin, Cory Montgomery and 'Nique Kelley built, this team is setting the stage to raise a tower to the stratosphere.

Go get 'em, seym00re, Cady, HOOOOOOOPer and Burke. :bigredn:

Agree on all points. I think Yori's legacy is taking hold as we speak. This year proves she's no "one-hit" wonder from the 2009 season. This team will be a lot of fun to follow in the years to come, even after Moore, Hooper and Cady leave. I think Yori is hitting her stride in recruiting to keep this machine oiled for awhile.

After a very good season, one in which the majority of people following this team figured they were probably a year away from being very tough, end up a #6 Seed in the Des Moines Regional and face Kansas. The game is Sunday at 6:30. The number one seed in that region is Baylor. Ohio State is an 8 Seed!!!!! Wow, that would be a hell of a second round matchup

A second round matchup would probably against Delaware and arguably the most talented player in women's BBall in Elena Delle Donne. She shunned UCONN to stay home closer to her special needs sister. She quit basketball altogether and played volleyball for a year and dominated. Sports Illustrated had a very good article on here.

The two seed on the bottom half of that bracket is Tennessee.

One could argue the ladies deserved a five seed(because Purdue and PSU got 4 seeds), but this seed and bracket are honestly the best scenario thay could have landed in. Tennessee is nothing to write home about. Delaware has Delle Donne, but not a lot more. Baylor will have it's hands full just surviving the top half of this bracket. Anyone that predicted a potential Sweet 16 out of this team is flat out lying.

One could argue the ladies deserved a five seed(because Purdue and PSU got 4 seeds), but this seed and bracket are honestly the best scenario thay could have landed in. Tennessee is nothing to write home about. Delaware has Delle Donne, but not a lot more. Baylor will have it's hands full just surviving the top half of this bracket. Anyone that predicted a potential Sweet 16 out of this team is flat out lying.

Agree with all of the above except if it could have been replicated in another region..........away from Baylor...........

I'd prefer not to play Baylor, but this is the same Nebraska team that neutralized several hot hands in Ohio State not once but twice, and took B1G champs Purdue to five total overtimes in two games. I think we can give any team fits.

I like this Husker team's chances. They're a dogged bunch.

I'd prefer not to play Baylor, but this is the same Nebraska team that neutralized several hot hands in Ohio State not once but twice, and took B1G champs Purdue to five total overtimes in two games. I think we can give any team fits.

I like this Husker team's chances. They're a dogged bunch.

They are dogged for sure against anyone...........but nobody has done much with Griener..............just too dominate

Agree with all of the above except if it could have been replicated in another region..........away from Baylor...........

I think this is the best one seed for NU match up wise. Notre Dame, Stanford and UCONN would run right with NU and probably out run them. Griner, yes the most dominant player in the game because of her presense inside, but making her get out and run full court all game and it is a slightly different story. Think back to the OSU game at home when OSU tried to keep their big girl in the game. Think back to how running PSU in Happy Valley took Green out of the game. My thought is that UCONN, ND and Stanford all have backcourts that can outrace and outlast NU's.

First things first is KU and then hopefully Delaware and as I said the best All Around athlete in Delle Donne.