Northern Colorado Fighting Bears Vs. The Fighting Erstads

Crap, didn't know they moved the game up to noon, so I just stumbled on this now.

Comish--agree with you 100%. I think half of that is our starting pitching--we just don't have pitchers that can hunker down and focus at the beginning of the game, it seems. Granted, after they give up the HR or RBI double, then they're fine and they throw well after...it's almost like they use Julia Childs for inspiration (read: purposefully making a mistake/gaffe to get over it to clear the mental mechanism).

But I wonder how much Silva and Erstad have to work with re: pitching? So far, it seems that starting pitching and stranding runners on base is what is killing us--the kids seem to have plenty of fight in them and have clawed back in games they would have packed it in last year.

Regardless, can't wait to see DoNU play on the Big Ten Network this Friday! Make sure to tell your friends/co-workers/loved ones to tune in--perhaps if there are ratings, the BTN will consider carrying more games down the stretch...