The Nebraska Performance Lab.

There is no denying the edge we had in strength training under Boyd. This is a step in acknowledging we are behind to some degree, need that "something extra" to attract recruits and are moving forward with a plan to get back to being relevant on the national scene again.

I don't think Nebraska is behind so much as other teams have simply caught up to us.

we lost that strength and conditioning edge years ago......most programs are on the same plane, now it is about solid playing technique.

Pretty much. Teams all across the nation started really taking notice what Nebraska was doing in their SC program and imitated it because that is the sincerest form of flattery.

There is no denying the edge we had in strength training under Boyd. This is a step in acknowledging we are behind to some degree, need that "something extra" to attract recruits and are moving forward with a plan to get back to being relevant on the national scene again.

I don't think Nebraska is behind so much as other teams have simply caught up to us.

They have caught us. IMO, we also appear to be lacking in some areas with or inability to pancake folks or road grade for 40 yrds on the ground. Unsure if this is a lack of S&C, technique, scheme etc...., but the S&C appears to be one area that can improve on the easiest. The technology is (appears) to be cutting edge. I am hoping this will correlate to some of the differences we saw in the hey day of NU when everyone else wanted what we had and started to immulate our program. Would be great to see that again.

Its not that we are behind, its that because we aren't ahead that we suffer from our location and such for recruits to want to elsewhere cuz if Nebraska is doing the same thing as Georgia, then hell...why not go to Georgia when they are in a warmer state. Duh.

They have caught us. IMO, we also appear to be lacking in some areas with or inability to pancake folks or road grade for 40 yrds on the ground. Unsure if this is a lack of S&C, technique, scheme etc...., but the S&C appears to be one area that can improve on the easiest. The technology is (appears) to be cutting edge. I am hoping this will correlate to some of the differences we saw in the hey day of NU when everyone else wanted what we had and started to immulate our program. Would be great to see that again.

NO, are you serious? you think that people are out SCing us? no no no no no, its because they attract the better talent to start with so they obviously perform better. What incentive is it to go to Nebraska now. To play for a has been program for much of the 2000's? For Nebraska to be successful is for us to stay innovative.

we lost that strength and conditioning edge years ago......most programs are on the same plane, now it is about solid playing technique.

Playing technique? Obviously you want solid playing technique, however, we didn't lose the edge in SC because its all the same, we have to stay ahead of everyone else and be innovative to new technology to stay in front of everyone instead of worrying if they are going to catch us. period.

Its not that we are behind, its that because we aren't ahead that we suffer from our location and such for recruits to want to elsewhere cuz if Nebraska is doing the same thing as Georgia, then hell...why not go to Georgia when they are in a warmer state. Duh.

NO, are you serious? you think that people are out SCing us? no no no no no, its because they attract the better talent to start with so they obviously perform better. What incentive is it to go to Nebraska now. To play for a has been program for much of the 2000's? For Nebraska to be successful is for us to stay innovative.

Playing technique? Obviously you want solid playing technique, however, we didn't lose the edge in SC because its all the same, we have to stay ahead of everyone else and be innovative to new technology to stay in front of everyone instead of worrying if they are going to catch us. period.

You don't think we have been out muscled on the O line, since SUH left our front 4 has been a sieve. You don't think this is a lack of S&C? Wasn't Cally's guy having the O line run distance? IIRC, numerous folks this past season talked about possible lack of S&C with the injuries and inability to play strong on the D line.

Yes I am serious, we are being out S&Ced or at least holding with the average teams out there. Cam looked slow and out of shape. Look at our DE's of the past, hell look at Vandenbosch now. No belly, lean and mean, SUH same, look at the videos of Rucker in another thread.

I hear your argument about talent, but talent doesn't necessarily mean faster or stronger. We can improve in this area. This new lab is a step in getting NU back to where we were.

We are heading in the right direction, but all the sunshine pumping in the world won't change my mind that we are still a few players and another year or two from being where we need to be (B1G and MNC run). This lab will help recruiting and hopefully give us an edge in S&C.