Jason Smith knows how to stop Blake Griffin

Basketball isn't my sport, so forgive me if this sounds too outlandish/dumb/whatever. I wonder if they'd ever consider raising the height of the basket?

I've personally had some pretty conflicting thoughts about this. On one hand, it would hypothetically make the game more challening and rewarding - on the other hand, it would essentially change the entire game (every single level from high school and on would have to go along with the new height; not exactly the same as making a football field bigger), and all the historical records would pretty much go out the window.

If a big man need only jump high enough to force a 9.4" diameter basketball through an 18" hoop 10' off the ground. The laws of physics would indicate that the farther away a ball is when it is released, the more difficult it is to make the basket. DH and Shaq have better FG %'s because they dunked more. Kareem played at a time when anyone wanting to dunk had a price to pay from the enforcer on the other team. His body wasn't made for high impact collisions and he knew it. He lengthened his career greatly by using the skyhook.

I don't see how dunking is any less a skill than a shot? Both are worth 2 points and fwiw Dwight Howard and Shaq both have higher FG% than Kareem.

They may have higher % but they are both just big and have not really lived up to their potintial. Jabbar however was a player.

T_O_B

G>B>R