AZ & The 1st Amendment

http://www.dailytech.com/Arizona+Internet+Trolling+Bill+HB+2549+Causes+Privacy+Uproar+Lawmakers+Making+Changes+/article24384.htm

The "good" news is that this worthless piece of legislation appears to be stopped for now. The bad news is that this law will undoubtedly try to be spread to all the other states, maybe even federally. The stated intent of this bill was to reduce or eliminate threats and/or harrassment by electronic means. The true intent of this bill however was to completely stifle free speech. The worst part of all of this was that it received bi-partisan support.

The worst part of this legislation: the "trolling, harrassment, abuse," etc wouldn't even really need to be proven. All someone would have to do is claim they felt harrassed and bam--you're in jail. I can't even imagine the infinite number of ways this type of legislation would be abused. And what makes me pissed off about this is the flat out bald-faced lie serving as the thin veil to try and justify it. This bill is about stifling free speech nothing more.

I give my e=mail address to a site I want to do business with . The next thing I know my mail box fills up with hundreds of unsolicited contacts. Don't throw them in jail file the fine them for what it costs America to climb out from under all their ignificant BS.