Khiry Cooper to transfer to Tulsa

Good luck to Khiry. I wonder if him juggling the responsibilities of college and football/baseball were just too much. I had high hopes for him, however, we have a ton of wide receiver depth, so we will be fine there.

In terms of Cody Green, I had heard he was in his ear a lot for a while. I think it was even stated on here a few times, im sure. He said all the right things in public, but behind closed doors it seems like it's a different story, which makes it even worse. He did not live up to what we or he wanted either. We'll see what happens, hopefully the damage will be nothing.

I liked Khiry and hoped he would do great things here. But, in your last year able to play football, you want to play. He knows he can see playing time at Tulsa. I love Nebraska, but I loved playing football more. If i had another year of elligibility (and still young and in shape).....the choice to be 2nd-3rd string a NU, or being on the field at another school.... i would be on field. I dont think its was personal for him, he just wants to play. I think he knows he will never put on another set of pads after this year, and for those that never felt that before... it is a gut wrenching feeling.

Just like I said. Green had been in his ear all last year. I look for one more guy to possibly leave after spring and if it happens husker nation will be pissed.

Did you mention Khiry? I remember you talking about someone, but I didn't think it was Khiry...wasn't it Brion?

Where are these quotes of Cody bad-mouthing NU or painting Bo as a liar?

Just like I said. Green had been in his ear all last year. I look for one more guy to possibly leave after spring and if it happens husker nation will be pissed.

Did you mention Khiry? I remember you talking about someone, but I didn't think it was Khiry...wasn't it Brion?

I don't think Cody would want Brion to come to Tulsa.

agreed. i dont get the praise everyone seems to give C Green, guy has said some bad things about NU and he has been trying to get multiple players to transfer. just doesnt make any sense.

Look at the people who have nothing but praise for Cody. They're typically the same people for whom Bo is most often painted in a bad light, and for whom the memory of Bill Callahan is still quite fond. We have a sect of Husker fans who just love being contrarian.

I seem to remember when Cody Green decided to transfer, just about everyone was sticking up for him, saying he was classy and will always be a Husker. Then a few of us said something about how it's funny the guy who leaves gets support but Taylor stays and everyone hates him. Then we got blasted.

Funny how that looks now.

I did mention Cooper about a month or so ago and yes last fall I mentioned he was working on Brion to come down.

If you want a Cody quote you'll have to talk to guys like Cooper, Turner, Green, Carns, and Bell. Or . . .perhaps you can talk to Bubba Sterlings folks about some calls after he left. He's said one thing in the media and done another in private. He's worked to plant doubt in a few guys about if Bo is stringing them along. I'm glad Green found a new home but really is there any reason to continually tell a guy if you're not happy to come down to Tulsa and I'll talk to coach about a scholarship.

I did mention Cooper about a month or so ago and yes last fall I mentioned he was working on Brion to come down.

If you want a Cody quote you'll have to talk to guys like Cooper, Turner, Green, Carns, and Bell.

So he wants another QB to join his team so he can be 2nd string again. That's amusing.

If you want a Cody quote you'll have to talk to guys like Cooper, Turner, Green, Carns, and Bell. Or . . .perhaps you can talk to Bubba Sterlings folks about some calls after he left. He's said one thing in the media and done another in private. He's worked to plant doubt in a few guys about if Bo is stringing them along. I'm glad Green found a new home but really is there any reason to continually tell a guy if you're not happy to come down to Tulsa and I'll talk to coach about a scholarship.

I agree with that sentiment.

I am having a bit of a laugh, though, this thread is amusing. As a board we have a long history of being resistant to unsubstantiated grapevine rumors and "inside" information stuff, especially when it is negative. With due respect, though I won't doubt that da skers is in the know, that is exactly what this is, and it reflects extremely poorly on Cody, who has even by your admission DS, done something entirely different in the media and public eye.

And it is roundly accepted as fact.

Whatever happened to the skeptics and the rational fans who need proper citation for something that would seem to impugn a (former) player's character?

Anyway, Khiry is on his last year and hasn't broken through the rotation here. The WR position has been solidified by a heavy influx of youth, some of whom like Enunwa are now more veteran presences. And we don't pass a lot anymore. I can understand why Khiry would leave, and best of luck to him at Tulsa.

• Fire 1

If you want a Cody quote you'll have to talk to guys like Cooper, Turner, Green, Carns, and Bell.

So he wants another QB to join his team so he can be 2nd string again. That's amusing.

Carnes would have to sit a year and Green would be gone.

Depending on who you speak with Cody may still be #2 down there. If you hear from his camp and he's got lots of people who "advise" him they say Cody was out performing the other guy all spring and then proved it in the spring game. They say he's clear cut #1. If you talk to the coaches the other kid has pretty much lead the way and had an outstanding 1 vs 1 practice the week before he just happened to have an "off" day. Cody's performance Saturday brought him up to about even. (Never mind he was against mostly 2's and 3's at best.) Although Cody's camp say's the coaches are just saying that the other kid is leading to keep the kid there until fall so they have a good #2.

And it is roundly accepted as fact.

Whatever happened to the skeptics and the rational fans who need proper citation for something that would seem to impugn a (former) player's character?

Who is accepting what da skers is saying as fact?

I will. :) Hey. . .I'm just passing on what I got from people 2 weeks ago when I was in Lincoln. May or may not be true but I'm guessing its highly likely or they wouldn't have said it. There are enough guys on this board who still attend UNL...I would think they would be hearing similar stuff from guys on the team.

Hot off the presses:

Former Nebraska QB Cody Green Named Tulsa Starter

Cody Green has emerged as Tulsa’s starting quarterback following spring football drills, Golden Hurricane coach Bill Blankenship confirmed Monday afternoon.

Green, a junior transfer from Nebraska, was competing with redshirt sophomore Kalen Henderson for the vacant spot.

Following Saturday’s spring game, Green said he won’t ease up during the summer’s voluntary workouts.

“It’s going to be one of those things where you are fighting to stay alive,” Green said. “You are always going to have people biting on your heels if you are on top … come Monday, when we find out who is going to be the big dog, if it’s me or Kalen, we’re both going to be fighting.”

And here's a Q&A with Cooper from the Tulsa World:

WR Khiry Cooper talks about Tulsa transfer, leaving Nebraska

Tulsa World: What sparked your decision to transfer?

Khiry Cooper: I just wanted to go to somewhere closer to home for my last year and get a different feel for a different offense, something similar to what I was used to in high school. Tulsa had both of those things. It was something I prayed about … a lot of things worked out.

TW: What schools did you consider besides Tulsa?

KC: I was looking at a couple of other schools - Texas Tech, Louisiana Tech and LSU … those were the main ones. I was looking at schools close (to home) and Texas Tech is where my girlfriend is from … Tulsa ended up for best fit.

Cooper's girlfriend is former Husker women's BB player Layne Reeves, from Lubbock, TX. Good to see they're still together. They make a cute couple.

EDIT - it's worth noting that Khiry Cooper's only TD reception came in 2009 against Texas Tech off a pass from Cody Green.