100 Foods to Eat Before You Die

I've had the candy version of those things. Pretty sure that doesn't count though.

They come in all different flavors, so it's not necessarily chocolate. Can be strawberry, melon, so maybe it does. They even come dipped in men's chocolate. (Weird, eh?)

I guess as long as it looks like this it counts. There's a korean supermarket nearby that has the same stuff but it's called "pepero."

I was making a list earlier but closed the window and lost it. Oh well, there wasn't that much crossed off. I got a ways to go!

Can anyone recommend a good Dandelion Wine? (if there is such a thing)

A friend of a friend's parent used to make it. It was fantastic.

I don't know if it's available commercially.

I think my grandpa used to make it. From the recipes I've seen, it's not that hard to make.

I have seen some sold online, but I'm not going to pay to have one bottle shipped to me.

I've been an Executive Chef for the past 25 years.

What's the difference between a chef and an executive chef? Inquiring minds want to know!

After my soggy ride back from the "never was" spring game I have time to answer this question.

An Executive Chef has completed apprenticeship or schooling and has worked every station in the kitchen. Many Exec's have worked each station a number of years and are extremely skilled at each position. Most Exec's work approx. 25% to 30% in the kitchen and the rest is spent dealing with purveyors, paperwork, ordering and dealing with P&L statements along with budgeting. I don't spend as much time in the kitchen as I used to. I do inspect and check every station though and nothing leaves the kitchen w/o my approval.

This is a small nut shell of what's encompassed in the title. That and putting up with alot of BULLS*** :ahhhhhhhh

I've been an Executive Chef for the past 25 years.

What's the difference between a chef and an executive chef? Inquiring minds want to know!

After my soggy ride back from the "never was" spring game I have time to answer this question.

An Executive Chef has completed apprenticeship or schooling and has worked every station in the kitchen. Many Exec's have worked each station a number of years and are extremely skilled at each position. Most Exec's work approx. 25% to 30% in the kitchen and the rest is spent dealing with purveyors, paperwork, ordering and dealing with P&L statements along with budgeting. I don't spend as much time in the kitchen as I used to. I do inspect and check every station though and nothing leaves the kitchen w/o my approval.

This is a small nut shell of what's encompassed in the title. That and putting up with alot of BULLS*** :ahhhhhhhh

Thanks! :thumbs

Where did you get the list?

I originally saw it as an app on Facebook, but I don't do FB apps, so I googled it and found it HERE.

I found it too, but thanks anyway.

I looked up Durian. It sounds... gross.

I'm going to have to do some research on some of these things

I had Durian ice cream in Malaysia last year.. The best descriptor on the taste I have heard is, imagine hitting a dog fart like a bong hit, and that is Durin... The ice cream is tame compared to the actual fruit, thank God. Its funny the hotels have little signs all over telling the locals to not bring the stuff inside...

• 5 months later...