Husker Baseball Recruiting Thread

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

If Nebraska can somehow snag Payton Tolle from Wichita State that would be a heckuva pull. Really talented two-way player.

https://goshockers.com/sports/baseball/roster/payton-tolle/7544

I was hoping NU might be able to get a sniff from Grant Adler another talented pitcher but he's going to KU.

Speaking of Wichita State….they got decimated in the portal.  I was hoping Ingram would have transferred to NU but KState snagged him 

• Plus1 3

18 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Speaking of Wichita State….they got decimated in the portal.  I was hoping Ingram would have transferred to NU but KState snagged him 

I ended up watching about 10 Wichita State games this year and they had a really talented core of guys. The new coach has his work cut out for him, the AD I think dropped the ball by not letting the interim coach get the job.

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I ended up watching about 10 Wichita State games this year and they had a really talented core of guys. The new coach has his work cut out for him, the AD I think dropped the ball by not letting the interim coach get the job.

Yep.  Their transfer outs just kinda snowballed too after the first few players left combined with the coaching change.  Kinda sad to see happen to a good program.

We are actually heading down to Wichita this afternoon.  Son is pitching in Eck stadium tonight for a tourney there this weekend.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yep.  Their transfer outs just kinda snowballed too after the first few players left combined with the coaching change.  Kinda sad to see happen to a good program.

We are actually heading down to Wichita this afternoon.  Son is pitching in Eck stadium tonight for a tourney there this weekend.  

Nice! Safe travels my man! The stadium looks quite a bit different than the old Mo Valley days haha. IIRC, they made some upgrades a couple years ago. Place looks pretty sharp on TV.

3 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Nice! Safe travels my man! The stadium looks quite a bit different than the old Mo Valley days haha. IIRC, they made some upgrades a couple years ago. Place looks pretty sharp on TV.

Thanks.   Bringing it back to NU and recruiting, I really believe that for 2025, 2026, there is so much talent in NE, KS, MO, that Bolt could fill a very nice recruiting roster locally while combining that with some quality transfers to supplement.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1