Who should take the mound on Friday vs. Purdue?

Nexus

In honor of this thread, I sent the following email to the boys at 1620:

Subject: I guess we are a football school...

Spring game spring game canceled spring canceled game spring blah blah blah. Who cares? Yes, it hurts recruiting, and yes, there are storms in Nebraska. Thanks for letting us know.

In case you had forgotten, there is a little team name PURDUE coming to Lincoln this weekend, who is ranked in the baseball top-10. We are in third place in the B1G, and have a legit chance of going to (and maybe hosting) a regional for the first time since the Mike Anderson collapse. This is big news, and I would love to hear such smart, intelligent minds such as yours discussing it to lesser people such as myself. How big is this weekend series? Does NU have a shot at a regional? NU attendance dominance in the B1G. We are ranked 2nd in scoring nationally, but can we bring it to a veteran Purdue pitching staff? All these things would be great discussion items.

Thanks,

Your humble baseball fan,

Josh

I've already emailed them today.... someone else step up and send one... I'll even do the hard part and type it:.

The email addy's:

mszone@1620thezone.com

Kevin@1620thezone.com

The letter:

Kevin, Mike,

Come on man... its baseball season. We have a top 10 ranked team coming to town. Friday's game is televised. Fan's have a free pass to the game via the canceled spring game stubs... so whats up with the "no baseball love"?

Erstad in his acceptance speech commented that he wanted Nebraska to be the Flag Ship for baseball in the BIG.

BIG has toured TD and Werner as possible host sites for the BIG championship.

again, Purdue (a top 10 team) just happens to be in town Friday, Saturday, Sunday for what could be a post season bust series.

Huskers have one of the top scoring clubs in the NCAA

Purdue leads to conference in most pitching stats and also in the small ball game/steals.

surely you can find time to give the baseball boys some love :)

Thanks,

Nebraska Baseball@Husker_Baseball

This weekend for the #Huskers - Keller, Pierce, Hirsch

I commend you for having the patience to follow husker baseball. Those guys tweet like mad during the games.

Much better than the almost non-existent B1G Baseball feed. It's almost as if the BTN and B1G are embarrassed by their baseball programs.

What's worse....two years ago I text'd the "follow Husker_Baseball" to 40404 or whatever, and got every...freaking....tweet sent to my phone until i stopped it... Still follow them on twitter, but that was brutal.

The baseball america guest on 1620 (forget his name) indicated that our beloved huskers would not be consideration for a regional even with a series win against Purdue and a conference title. :(

Also said that 40 wins for a northern team is not a lock to get into the post season but did mention this year there is room for one or two more North teams with Arizona State banned from post season and 2 SEC schools having below average years. I do think he (the baseball america dude) wanted to give us hope. Did I hear it right or did he simply say we most likely won't receive a post season invite?

Unless Purdue doesn't win the conference tourney, the Big Ten is a one bid league this year.. Need to win the tourney.

Not so sure about that. Remember that other factors come into play when making these decisions--Nebraska baseball puts butts in seats, bottom line. The further north of 40 wins Nebraska is, the more likely we get in, regardless if we win the conference or not.

Let's also remember that it's been BA's job, among others, to slag on B1G Baseball for the better part of a decade. Change doesn't come naturally to these folks.