Who should take the mound on Friday vs. Purdue?

Nexus

also... sorry for the double post

I'm somewhat disappointed in the sports talk shows here in Omaha... they've rattled on all week about the lost spring game and said very little about the upcoming baseball games. They (or should I say, "we") should be pushing them to talk the baseball games in hopes of getting the attendance way up.

Agreed, HH. I could take or leave the morning and lunch shows on 93.7 in Lincoln, but I normally like listening to the afternoon show, because I like Sip. But the comments Bogus gave about talking about the WNBA draft and the NHL because he didn't have anything to talk about regarding the spring game, when Nebraska had taken two from Ohio State the day before, just showed me again how far the local sports shows have to go in thinking of the Husker baseball team in any way but an afterthought. Just aggravated me to no end. Course, Bogus is an idiot anyway, because he was trying to compare, in his tweets this weekend, recruiting by Smiles in the short time he's been here to recruiting by Bo. I'm just sitting there going... really? There is no comparison... because the recruiting styles in the sports are so different. Meh... sorry to hijack the thread, but just another example of local sports talk idiocy at its finest.

Nebraska Baseball@Husker_Baseball

This weekend for the #Huskers - Keller, Pierce, Hirsch

I commend you for having the patience to follow husker baseball. Those guys tweet like mad during the games.

Much better than the almost non-existent B1G Baseball feed. It's almost as if the BTN and B1G are embarrassed by their baseball programs.

I drafted a letter for all of us to email the local shows with. Change it as you see fit to both say what you wish to say and also address it as you must but the more emails sent to those stations, the better chance we have of actually pushing them to discuss our beloved husker baseball.

Drafted Letter:

To whomever,

Love your shows and have emailed it multiple times. I’ve called multiple times just to hear how foolish I sound on the buzz box and somehow the hosts manage to actually make my foolish questions sound somewhat intelligent. I owe them for that and am grateful. Thank you!

I’m emailing the the show hosts in hopes of hyping the Purdue baseball series this weekend and maybe avoid the seemingly endless banter of the canceled spring game. The university, as the show has announced, offered those with tickets a free baseball game or softball game and this weekend’s series is the perfect opportunity for those fans to cash in. Might I plead to the show to please, please place a little more emphasis on this weekend’s baseball series with Purdue and call out for the fan’s to put 6K butts into the stadium. There are multiple reasons for husker nation to attend. Yes, the support for the home team but also the fact that the BIG seemingly hasn’t seen baseball as a profitable sport for years and the skers drawing 18K fans over the weekend is an obvious eye opener. Also, the BIG has toured both TD Ameritrade and Werner Parks as possible BIG conference championship locations and therefore seeing a huge husker nation attendance margin between us and the rest of the BIG will place even more pressure on them to bring the conference championships to Omaha. Is this a reasonable assumption?

Yes I know my short email is minuscule in comparison to the knowledge the hosts bring to the table and so, I’m left with this humble option of BEGGING for more baseball talk on your show both today and Thursday. Well, maybe more baseball discussion throughout the season. :)

King regards and Blessings to both of you,

A humble listener