Police shoot innocent Texas man's dog

Looks like my dog Scout. They are very protective but mine isn't too aggressive

Dogs get shot all the time when they attempt to protect their owners. Unfortunately, some owners aren't worth protecting. Not necessarily the case here; idk

My son and his beat pard rolled up to an address where a parolee released some pits to aid in his escape. didn't work and one dog dead

It's an unfortunate situation and I wish things like this didn't happen, but they do. I never listen to any owner who tells me their dog "won't bite you!" I've had those same owners gasp when their dogs snap at me. I'm not going to get bitten by a dog, I'll shoot it to protect myself. Officer or dispatcher made a mistake with the address, but if the dog was acting aggressively towards the officer, I understand why he shot it.

It's an unfortunate situation and I wish things like this didn't happen, but they do. I never listen to any owner who tells me their dog "won't bite you!" I've had those same owners gasp when their dogs snap at me. I'm not going to get bitten by a dog, I'll shoot it to protect myself. Officer or dispatcher made a mistake with the address, but if the dog was acting aggressively towards the officer, I understand why he shot it.

Depends on what the dog's actions were. If he were simply barking there is no reason to shoot but if the dog is growling and showing it's teeth i would understand it. All we know is maybe the dog got excited and was too friendly.

I hate to say it, but the dog was off-leash and the officer was protecting himself. I'd have a real problem with this if the officer had gone into a fenced backyard and done it but that's not the case. Keep your dogs leashed.

After re-reading why did the cop already have his gun pulled out? then he yelled Freeze. this isn't a movie or a robbery in action.

I hate to say it, but the dog was off-leash and the officer was protecting himself. I'd have a real problem with this if the officer had gone into a fenced backyard and done it but that's not the case. Keep your dogs leashed.

After re-reading why did the cop already have his gun pulled out? then he yelled Freeze. this isn't a movie or a robbery in action.

Depends on how he received the call for the domestic..............if he's told that the male half is violent, making threats, etc. then he'd be okay pulling his weapon. If in fact he was told it was just a verbal domestic or a domestic with an assault I'd much rather have him take someone down at taser point then gun point. I wasn't there so I'm not second guessing the officer and never will, just throwing some situations out there.

Depends on how he received the call for the domestic..............if he's told that the male half is violent, making threats, etc. then he'd be okay pulling his weapon. If in fact he was told it was just a verbal domestic or a domestic with an assault I'd much rather have him take someone down at taser point then gun point. I wasn't there so I'm not second guessing the officer and never will, just throwing some situations out there.

I've just never seem a cop just already have his gun pull out unless there was imminent threat.