Fighting Boilermakers vs Fighting Erstad's Huskers

It is bizarre. But if we lost every single Friday and won every Saturday and Sunday, I'd take that for a whole year with this team haha

+1... Also, whose to say our Saturday starter or Sunday starter would fair any better. Friday is a monster of a game. Always has been, always will be. Pressure, especially in games like last nights, is enormous. It is also why I thought for sure that Lemke would get the start. I'm beginning to wonder if there is concern with Lemke's shoulder again.

As for the series, we've managed to use up Purdue's ace in the bullpen and that's always a good thing. We need to win today and also eat into their bullpen. I wasn't able to listen to last nights game as I was umpiring but from the text I was receiving (thanks fan4life) it sounded as though we weren't intimidated nor did we fold. I personally believe the pressure is more on Purdue then us today. I also believe we win the series.

Good Luck to our Fighting Erstad's and GBR!!

It is bizarre. But if we lost every single Friday and won every Saturday and Sunday, I'd take that for a whole year with this team haha

+1... Also, whose to say our Saturday starter or Sunday starter would fair any better. Friday is a monster of a game. Always has been, always will be. Pressure, especially in games like last nights, is enormous. It is also why I thought for sure that Lemke would get the start. I'm beginning to wonder if there is concern with Lemke's shoulder again.

As for the series, we've managed to use up Purdue's ace in the bullpen and that's always a good thing. We need to win today and also eat into their bullpen. I wasn't able to listen to last nights game as I was umpiring but from the text I was receiving (thanks fan4life) it sounded as though we weren't intimidated nor did we fold. I personally belief the pressure is more on Purdue then us today. I also belief we win the series.

Good Luck to our Fighting Erstad's and GBR!!

Because you want to find a pitcher who can match up with the other teams ace. Apparently, Nebraskas Friday pitcher cannot.

This is not just for the regular season, it is more so for the postseason. If your team does not have a pitcher to match up, you might as well kiss your season goodbye once you hit regionals.

i also have to wonder where the BIG is getting these umpires. Last night's they say couldn't find a consistent strike zone and today's seems to be rattled by the crowd. Guess it is what we should expect from a below mid-major conference, yes?

anyway.... wish i could listen to the game in its fullness but back to the field. Enjoy everyone!! Keep rooting the fighting erstad's on. :)