Fighting Boilermakers vs Fighting Erstad's Huskers

One more day and the ole park hallows will be singing.

I'm so anxious for this series that I find myself agonizing over the seemingly miniscule amount of baseball talk.

Yes Purdue is the bully.

No the skers haven't played in a meaningful game of this magnitude for at least 3 years (maybe longer).

Yes this is Erstad's first year and the former staff didn't do him any favors.

No these boys, this team, our beloved skers don't fold, instead they believe they can win.

Yes, they've had signs of crumbling and disaster but also signs of great things to come.

No, they don't always win pretty but winning is something they are slowly learning to expect.

To quote Will Bolt in Sipple's latest Star Journal article:

Link

Purdue's prowess, however, may make Nebraska feel like it's back in the Big 12.

"We have to find that consistent level of play," Bolt said. "We're starting to see signs of it, that maybe we can make a run at the end of the season."

Like the good ol' days at Haymarket.

This is Husker Baseball and it is our (the fan's) responsibility to fill that park and do our part in returning it to those "good ol' days"!

G.B.R.

I will be there Saturday afternoon. I think its going to be a fun series. I think the #FightingErstads can win a couple of games this series. BUT the guys are going to have to minimize mistakes and capitalize with RISP (which has been better as of late). Looking at Purdue's schedule, you don't see an outstanding schedule. They did sweep Illini but did lose 2 of 4 to the Shockers. I'm trying to get a bearing on this team. of course at this point you are a good team if you only have 5 losses, BUT, the schedule doesn't look very demanding either. I think this team will fire up and win 2, but part of me says we will only win 1. I hope that the crowds come in droves and are loud! GBR

Purdue is good, in fact they are "very" good.

I don't think they've been tested on the road though and this will be a true test for them.

I also think if they played Wichita State now the outcome would likely be different but then who knows and really, who cares? Score board shows a split.

sker's win this series and they hold destiny in their own hands. Lose it and they likely don't see post season play unless they win the auto qualifier. I much prefer we hold our own cards, yes?

I don't think they've been tested on the road though and this will be a true test for them.

I also think if they played Wichita State now the outcome would likely be different but then who knows and really, who cares? Score board shows a split.

sker's win this series and they hold destiny in their own hands. Lose it and they likely don't see post season play unless they win the auto qualifier. I much prefer we hold our own cards, yes?

Or, The Huskers win this series and still need to win the tourney for the auto qualifier....

if you are at any game and hear a guy yelling ''MMMMMBUUUUTSCTATCHAAAAAAA" that would be me....

If i were at the game Sunday (which i wont) and i saw a middle aged guy with a 300mm or maybe larger camera walking around the park and I yelled "KNAPP" would you respond knapplc?

Or, The Huskers win this series and still need to win the tourney for the auto qualifier....

Likely not. Even if we lose the series to Purdue, a strong showing the rest of the way will help us get picked by the selection committee.

Purdue is coming in with the top pitching staff in the BIG. Yet none of the weekend starters are lefties making their pitching stats even more impressive. Wish there were public stats to show what Erstad's boy's have done against right hand pitching. If the Northwestern series is indicative of facing RHP (all 3 starters) then we are in even deeper trouble. Illinois and Ohio State's friday starters were also righties. :/

Likely not. Even if we lose the series to Purdue, a strong showing the rest of the way will help us get picked by the selection committee.

LOL wow. You realize we are playing in the Big TEN not the Big TWELVE right?

It's game day and therefore I feel compelled to post a pregame prediction so here it is.

I think Keller gives up 4 earned runs, 2 unearned

I think Lemke gets 5 outs without giving up a run.

I think Vogt throws 2 scoreless innings (7th and 8th)

I think Huber enters with a 1 run lead

and

I think the skers win this one.

Scoreboard at games end:

Purdue ....... 1 2 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 - 6

Nebraska .... 0 0 1 0 2 2 2 0 x - 7

anyone else willing to post a prediction?

LOL wow. You realize we are playing in the Big TEN not the Big TWELVE right?

LOL...yes, I do realize we're in the Big 10 now. Do you realize that selection committees look at more than just RPI when they pick teams and that there have been high RPI teams selected before?