Pelini given a 1 year contract extension

Meh I could care less frankly. I'm not impressed with Bo nor his elitist my dad can beat up your dad attitude to the fans and the media either. As for "we could still have Callahan", at least if we did we'd have an offense.

....and at least have losing seasons, the worst blowout losses in the history of NU cfb "and" an offense that was only effective vs creampuffs. But one must admit our offense under Clownahan was unstoppable at garbage time (lots of practice at it).

Naw we had a good offense you homers just refuse to admit it. The problem was it didnt matter if we scored 1000 points our defense let the other team score 2000. But I'm not in the business of convincing koolaid drinkers Callahan wasn't the devil himself in sheeps clothing you all try to portray him as.

You mean the offense that only scored ten points until we were down 5 touchdowns at home against USC?

The offense that didn't scored 6 points against Missouri?

The offense that didn't score until the 4th quarter (down by 38 points) against Oklahoma State, at home, during Homecoming?

Yeah, it was amazing.

Ohhh I see, so you enjoy getting beat by Iowa State only scoring 7 points then? Or how about losing against Missouri during Homecoming 17-52? 6 points against aTm, 7 points against Washington, having the running back play quarterback because the qb sucks that bad etc etc. At least Billy C had the excuse he was taking an option team that didn't know what a forward pass was and turned it into a pass happy offense, no small feat. Yea, we've improved by leaps and bounds fella! It's all good though as long as my gamecocks keep whoopin on people playing in a real conference!

So you're not even a Nebraska fan, you're just a stupid troll? Awesome. No wonder you don't know WTF...

Callahans PPG: 28.425

Pelini's PPG: 30.15 (and that's with a new system every season)

• Fire 2

Callahan's first year averaged 25 points after the most dramatic offensive shift well, possible, during a year in which the personnel we had was a rather poor fit to the shock of a new system.

The most points we averaged under Bo was in the first year, with the least deviation from Callahan's system. We averaged over 35 that year.

2009 - 25, 2010 - 31, 2011 - 29

2005 - 25, 2006 - 30, 2007 - 33

Callahans PPG: 28.425

Pelini's PPG: 30.15 (and that's with a new system every season)

It seems like a wash on the offensive side of the ball really. OK, so we may or may not have something going on here with Beck, who is in year 2 as a coordinator and learning on the job with a wide variety of explosive talent at his disposal. That's all encouraging, but so far Bo's involvement with the offense has not been a positive one, and we've had to regress from the Callahan offense first (for whatever reasons and for whomever you want to pin that on).

The reason I'm saying all this is just, if you are going to talk about the self-imposed scheme changes made in 2010 and 2011, along with Bo's shutdown of the O in 2009, then it's only fair to mention 1) the far more radical shift in 2004, one that was fairly necessary to Callahan being a coach here, and 2) the far, far, far more bare cupboard of talent inherited in 2004 as compared to 2008 on the offensive side of the ball.

Have we improved on offense? Maybe we will.

• Fire 1

Exactly zoogies. We haven't improved on offense a bit and Bo at least had the recruits and the system. Bragging about an offense that is so inept they take the qb out of the game and just let the RB run the offense are you kidding me. Btw I am a college football fan, I actually have teams i like outside of Nebraska, what a concept!

Exactly zoogies. We haven't improved on offense a bit and Bo at least had the recruits and the system. Bragging about an offense that is so inept they take the qb out of the game and just let the RB run the offense are you kidding me. Btw I am a college football fan, I actually have teams i like outside of Nebraska, what a concept!

Bull. Calling yourself a husker fan, and bragging on how you enjoyed watching them lose to another of "your teams?"

Sorry, that doesn't fly.

I didnt say I enjoyed watching the huskers lose to the gamecocks. Quit putting words in my mouth. I never once said one word to anyone on this board about losing to the gamecocks. Ever. I'm a life long Husker fan, I just actually like a few other teams..teams where I have lived before. I'm sorry you dont have your big boy pants on and can't handle that..but it is what it is stud. In the big boy world you can actually be a Husker fan and not have to HATE every other team in the country. You got your panties in a bunch because I pointed out Bo's offense is lacluster and others happen to agree with me if you read lol. Don't get so butt hurt, or do, I don't really care one way or another.

I didnt say I enjoyed watching the huskers lose to the gamecocks. Quit putting words in my mouth. I never once said one word to anyone on this board about losing to the gamecocks. Ever. I'm a life long Husker fan, I just actually like a few other teams..teams where I have lived before. I'm sorry you dont have your big boy pants on and can't handle that..but it is what it is stud. In the big boy world you can actually be a Husker fan and not have to HATE every other team in the country. You got your panties in a bunch because I pointed out Bo's offense is lacluster and others happen to agree with me if you read lol. Don't get so butt hurt, or do, I don't really care one way or another.

Ahhhh yes. this is good. :wasted It's a bbs. some fans take it harder then others! let it slide. chuckleshuffle

Yes. Last year was dissappointing. But, Alabama went 9-4 and did not even win their division between two national championship season. They did not run Saban out of town. I know it's not the same comparison quite, but down years happen. This is a good decision, it shows the faith and commitment towards Bo that he will show the same for the program.

You forgot a keyword Championship. It's a helluva lot harder to get rid of a coach that has won it all versus somebody still looking for their first conference championship. I think Bo needs to tone down the hype talk until he starts fielding 11 win teams.

Other than "We're back" I can't think of Bo hyping the team. Got an example?

Really? Really?? :facepalm:

I'm sure you're a gamecock fan. Just not sure if it is with "game" in front of it or not.

Meh I could care less frankly. I'm not impressed with Bo nor his elitist my dad can beat up your dad attitude to the fans and the media either. As for "we could still have Callahan", at least if we did we'd have an offense.

....and at least have losing seasons, the worst blowout losses in the history of NU cfb "and" an offense that was only effective vs creampuffs. But one must admit our offense under Clownahan was unstoppable at garbage time (lots of practice at it).

Naw we had a good offense you homers just refuse to admit it. The problem was it didnt matter if we scored 1000 points our defense let the other team score 2000. But I'm not in the business of convincing koolaid drinkers Callahan wasn't the devil himself in sheeps clothing you all try to portray him as.

You mean the offense that only scored ten points until we were down 5 touchdowns at home against USC?

The offense that didn't scored 6 points against Missouri?

The offense that didn't score until the 4th quarter (down by 38 points) against Oklahoma State, at home, during Homecoming?

Yeah, it was amazing.

Ohhh I see, so you enjoy getting beat by Iowa State only scoring 7 points then? Or how about losing against Missouri during Homecoming 17-52? 6 points against aTm, 7 points against Washington, having the running back play quarterback because the qb sucks that bad etc etc. At least Billy C had the excuse he was taking an option team that didn't know what a forward pass was and turned it into a pass happy offense, no small feat. Yea, we've improved by leaps and bounds fella! It's all good though as long as my gamecocks keep whoopin on people playing in a real conference!

Think that is what he was refering to.