Pelini given a 1 year contract extension

It is not the wins and losses it's how we win and lose and who we beat and lose to.

Not single person here doing their job, would have gotten a positive job assessment if we did our jobs like Bo does his.

13 weeks of work, fail 4 of them two terribly, get a pay raise.

We have a very overpaid coach, that has not even met his goals.

Great management there TO.

Still think he has two years at the most, to get his $hit together. Hope he does.

It is not the wins and losses it's how we win and lose and who we beat and lose to.

Not single person here doing their job, would have gotten a positive job assessment if we did our jobs like Bo does his.

Still think he has two years at the most, to get his $hit together. Hope he does.

Not if you look at it in comparison to what coaches are getting. Now, if you're going to say coaches across the board are paid too much, then yes.

Not if you look at it in comparison to what coaches are getting. Now, if you're going to say coaches across the board are paid too much, then yes.

I agree paid to much.

I find all this angst hilarious. I agree with TOB. Most teams would give almost anything to have the consistency in winning we've had since Bo took over, and yet all people can say is... 'hasn't won a championship'... 'hasn't won 11 games'... etc. Know who else hadn't won that in a similar timeframe here? Oh, I don't know... try Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne? Good freaking grief. Give the guy some credit for what he's done, and look at the fact that he's been trying to improve his recruiting efforts with some of the assistants he's been bringing in. Glad TO took the step, and can't wait to see what the team has in store this year! Looks like a promising year.

• Fire 1

I find all this angst hilarious. I agree with TOB. Most teams would give almost anything to have the consistency in winning we've had since Bo took over, and yet all people can say is... 'hasn't won a championship'... 'hasn't won 11 games'... etc. Know who else hadn't won that in a similar timeframe here? Oh, I don't know... try Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne? Good freaking grief. Give the guy some credit for what he's done, and look at the fact that he's been trying to improve his recruiting efforts with some of the assistants he's been bringing in. Glad TO took the step, and can't wait to see what the team has in store this year! Looks like a promising year.

Everybody forgets that if we fired him and hired another guy he probably wouldnt live up to standards either. Are standards are way to high.

You can't compare him to us regular working schlubs, though. You have to compare him to his contemporaries - other coaches in D1. Among those he's one of what? six? eight? coaches to win nine or more games each of the last four years?

Nobody likes losing four games a year, and you're right that the way we lose is often ridiculous. But his win/loss numbers are pretty good in comparison.

And he's done it against this SOS:

2008 - 38

2009 - 52

2010 - 39

2011 - 26

Those are decent schedules. And we're facing a schedule whose SOS will top all of those this year.

• Fire 1

I'm not sure what the point is. Schools fire coaches with time left on their contracts all the time, we just did it four years ago. I don't think it's as important to recruiting as it's made out to be.

Please for the sake of all Husker fans dont even begin to compare Pelini and Ca Ca Ca Ca Calihan.

• Fire 1

Everybody forgets that if we fired him and hired another guy he probably wouldnt live up to standards either. Are standards are way to high.

DUN. Too many are still trying to live in the 90's. News for you, THAT'S NEVER HAPPENING AGAIN. Not just here, but anywhere

You can't compare him to us regular working schlubs, though. You have to compare him to his contemporaries - other coaches in D1. Among those he's one of what? six? eight? coaches to win nine or more games each of the last four years?

I agree w/ this, but everyone going back to the 9 win thing again gets tiresome. (who are the other 7 by the way - i can't seem to find the article - nick saban, chris peterson, gary patterson are the three that jump out. maybe beemer?)

What gets me about the 9 win thing is that it implies he's a top tier coach, because he's in this elite group of 8 guys. Is he better than Urban Meyer, Les Miles, Bob Stoops, Bret Bielema, Chip Kelly, Mack Brown? I don't believe any of them would make that list...so Bo should beat them every time, I'd have to say he isn't and he doesn't win those games. He's a #20-#25ish coach with #14ish pay. Not exactly a huge gap there. But I can't say he's done anything to warrant a 5 year cushion either.

The way we pay college coaches today - the pay doesn't motivate them in any way. Bo doesn't need to win to earn more, and now he doesn't need to win to continue making that salary for the next 5 years. It would be nice if we'd say "hey, you're doing a great job...but if you want that extension you're going to have to accomplish some of your goals"

I'm not sure what the point is. Schools fire coaches with time left on their contracts all the time, we just did it four years ago. I don't think it's as important to recruiting as it's made out to be.

Please for the sake of all Husker fans dont even begin to compare Pelini and Ca Ca Ca Ca Calihan.

he wasn't, u are. and we just did it a few weeks ago. and we'd do it again if Pelini went 5-7 this year.