Pelini given a 1 year contract extension

Yes. Last year was dissappointing. But, Alabama went 9-4 and did not even win their division between two national championship season. They did not run Saban out of town. I know it's not the same comparison quite, but down years happen. This is a good decision, it shows the faith and commitment towards Bo that he will show the same for the program.

You forgot a keyword Championship. It's a helluva lot harder to get rid of a coach that has won it all versus somebody still looking for their first conference championship. I think Bo needs to tone down the hype talk until he starts fielding 11 win teams.

Yes. Last year was dissappointing. But, Alabama went 9-4 and did not even win their division between two national championship season. They did not run Saban out of town. I know it's not the same comparison quite, but down years happen. This is a good decision, it shows the faith and commitment towards Bo that he will show the same for the program.

You forgot a keyword Championship. It's a helluva lot harder to get rid of a coach that has won it all versus somebody still looking for their first conference championship. I think Bo needs to tone down the hype talk until he starts fielding 11 win teams.

Other than "We're back" I can't think of Bo hyping the team. Got an example?

Just an impression i get from the players. I know they are young but i wouldn't really expect them to say they are ready to win something unless the coach was telling them that or they really felt the team was ready.

I don't think it means much either way. If a coach wants to leave, the contract length is basically worthless. ( Except If we want the coach to leave, we pay the extra year....we've seen a little too much of that lately)

I doubt most recruits know if the current coach is on contract for 4 vs. 5 vs. however many years anyway. The only situation that might matter to a 18 year old is if a coach was on the last year of a contract.

jmho

Bo is always announcing "we're going to be better than last year." And claiming championships shall be celebrated by all. I wish he had more of a "I know something u don't know" attitude. But I can't complain.

I don't think it means much either way. If a coach wants to leave, the contract length is basically worthless. ( Except If we want the coach to leave, we pay the extra year....we've seen a little too much of that lately)

I doubt most recruits know if the current coach is on contract for 4 vs. 5 vs. however many years anyway. The only situation that might matter to a 18 year old is if a coach was on the last year of a contract.

jmho

yeah just look at rg3 he was headed to Houston until briles became the coach at Baylor and then rg3 followed him.

There's an awful lot of angst in this thread for something that's pretty simply a notice to recruits that we intend to keep Bo here during their entire stay. This is a recruiting statement, nothing more. Everyone making more out of this is just silly.

Everything goes the wrong way on my threads for some reason. People whine and complain to much.

This contract extension seems a lot more warranted than the contract extension we gave Doc last spring.

which is a perfect example of why these recruits (should) take these "extensions" with a grain of salt. they mean little to nothing in the grand scheme of things. the only thing that they ensure is that Bo will be a little better taken care of than he would have normally been if he's fired. it in no way ensures his tenure here w/ Nebraska.

This contract extension seems a lot more warranted than the contract extension we gave Doc last spring.

which is a perfect example of why these recruits (should) take these "extensions" with a grain of salt. they mean little to nothing in the grand scheme of things. the only thing that they ensure is that Bo will be a little better taken care of than he would have normally been if he's fired. it in no way ensures his tenure here w/ Nebraska.

Yeah, but these are the same recruits who are, apparently, influenced by alternate uniforms. They're not basing all their decisions on things with actual substance.

Meh I could care less frankly. I'm not impressed with Bo nor his elitist my dad can beat up your dad attitude to the fans and the media either. As for "we could still have Callahan", at least if we did we'd have an offense.

....and at least have losing seasons, the worst blowout losses in the history of NU cfb "and" an offense that was only effective vs creampuffs. But one must admit our offense under Clownahan was unstoppable at garbage time (lots of practice at it).

• Fire 1

Bo is always announcing "we're going to be better than last year." And claiming championships shall be celebrated by all. I wish he had more of a "I know something u don't know" attitude. But I can't complain.

That's not an example.

According to a report by the Omaha World Herald, Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini has been given a one year contract extension.

The move should not be a surprise to Husker fans. Pelini is now on the books for five more years and through the 2016 season, which is crucial in recruiting.

In four seasons at Nebraska, Pelini is 39-16 overall, winning the Big 12 Championship game in 2009 and making the Big 12 Conference championship game in 2010. Pelini is 7-10 against AP ranked teams during his four years at the helm.

Last season Nebraska finished 9-4 overall in the Huskers first year in the Big Ten. (Scout) What do you guys think? I am glad he got an extension. And for those who are on the "Fire Bo" Campaign just remember we could still have Callahan.

Fixed for accuracy.

• Fire 2