BCS playoff/nat'l champ revision

Huskershark you should know by now money is the only thing that will change the BCS. They are going to maximize their profits. schools with smaller stadiums i bet you will have to play the game somewhere else and have equal seating for both teams. Plus they are biased against the SEC so any team non SEC is going to have to travel to the SEC to play a playoff game.

That's the thing about playing on-campus playoff games: It's not going to be equally represented by the fans. This is the way the playoff works, and to think that there is equal representation by both crowds is way off base.

People are talking about preserving the regular season and how big of a deal that is, which I agree with. So this is the best way to go about that. Teams will be super motivated to get a home semifinal game, and the regular season's importants remains intact.

How do you think they pick bowl games to play at? they don't put them in small stadiums. Money will be the sole reason we move to playoff format. I know equal representation isn't how normal playoffs work but they will go to for more money. People who come from out of town are the ones who give the city extra business. This is a business after all.

It doesn't matter where the people come from. If there is a game in Lincoln, NE, there will be 85,000 fans contributing to the economy of Lincoln and Omaha. If half of those 85,000 fans are fans of USC, LSU, Bama, Oregon, etc, there will be 85,000 fans contributing to the economy of Lincoln and Omaha.

The thought of on-campus semis totally screws the fans and players of traveling teams. If you are a fan or player for OkieLite would you rather go to Tuscaloosa on a Thursday and have some concerns about opposing fans or go spend a week in Pheonix play some golf, check out a NBA game and watch your Cowboys play in a new stadium? Before TV came to rule sports this is why bowl games were played where they are played. The bowls are played in vacation destinations which is good for fans and players.

In my opinion the best way to do this is to play all 3 games in the same location over 2 weekends. It just seems obivious to me.

The thought of on-campus semis totally screws the fans and players of traveling teams. If you are a fan or player for OkieLite would you rather go to Tuscaloosa on a Thursday and have some concerns about opposing fans or go spend a week in Pheonix play some golf, check out a NBA game and watch your Cowboys play in a new stadium? Before TV came to rule sports this is why bowl games were played where they are played. The bowls are played in vacation destinations which is good for fans and players.

In my opinion the best way to do this is to play all 3 games in the same location over 2 weekends. It just seems obivious to me.

If this is truely the best why then why isn't it done in the NFL? If NCAA does a football playoff then it should look something like what the NFL does not have all playoff games in a neutral site.

I guess I just dont understand the "logistic" issues of an on-campus round. What is so logistically challenging for a USC or Oregen having to to travel to a Lincoln, NE or a Columbus OH for a semi as opposed to Miami, FL or New Orleans. It just depends how you look at it.

Other issue that was discussed according to sports nightly was qualifiers being conference champs only. I know that many disagree with this, but I firmly believe in it, and if it was a bi law for all years of the BCS it woulda saved a lot of controversey in multiple seasons (this past one most recently) It's just the way it should be. If you wanna be the best in the nation, you have to be the best in your conference first. Obviously the SEC is throwing the most opposition to this and a reminder was givin to think ahead that maybe a few years down the road the Big 10 would have 2 teams good enough, so be it, they settle it in a division game or conference championship game. Without requiring conference championships and them leaning towards a selectoin committee, you juist know the SEC will wind up with 2 if not sometimes 3 teams in the 4 team playoff, and that is just obsurd.

Conference championships are determined by a subset of games, just the in-conference games. Who gets to contend for the national championship should be determined by all games played. It would also be unfair to conferences with a championship game, as they could only have a single champion, while other conferences can have co-champs. Use all of the games. It's just the way it should be.

Welcome to the end of the BCS. It's about freakin' time.

BCS recommends four-team playoff format for 2014

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- The reality of a college football playoff got another step closer Thursday when the BCS announced it was recommending a four-team playoff beginning in 2014.

CBSSports.com reported Tuesday that a four-team playoff was the most likely model.

"We will continue to meet and review the exact structure for what a new post-season could look like," BCS executive director Bill Hancock said. "We are making substantial progress. We will present to our conferences a very small number of four-team options, each of which could be carried out in a number of ways."

The proposed playoff models, not specified by the BCS, likely will include:

• A four-team playoff with the semifinals and final rotated among the existing BCS bowl games (Sugar, Fiesta, Orange and Rose).

• A four-team playoff with the semifinals rotated among the existing BCS bowl games with the final held at a neutral site. The site of the final would be determined by a bid process, similar to how the Super Bowl is awarded.

• A four-team playoff with the semifinals and final held at either the existing BCS bowl game sites or neutral sites, determined by a bid process.

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- The reality of a college football playoff got another step closer Thursday when the BCS announced it was recommending a four-team playoff beginning in 2014.

CBSSports.com reported Tuesday that a four-team playoff was the most likely model.

"We will continue to meet and review the exact structure for what a new post-season could look like," BCS executive director Bill Hancock said. "We are making substantial progress. We will present to our conferences a very small number of four-team options, each of which could be carried out in a number of ways."

• A four-team playoff with the semifinals and final rotated among the existing BCS bowl games (Sugar, Fiesta, Orange and Rose).

• A four-team playoff with the semifinals rotated among the existing BCS bowl games with the final held at a neutral site. The site of the final would be determined by a bid process, similar to how the Super Bowl is awarded.

• A four-team playoff with the semifinals and final held at either the existing BCS bowl game sites or neutral sites, determined by a bid process.

It's a start but I would have preferred at least an eight team playoff. :D

is this a set in stone thing? or is this a, we think we should do this thing

If this is truely the best why then why isn't it done in the NFL? If NCAA does a football playoff then it should look something like what the NFL does not have all playoff games in a neutral site.

The NCAA is 4 times as large as the NFL and the season is 12 games not 16. The NCAA isn't the NFL and shouldn't try too hard to be the NFL.