Can We all Give BC A Chance?

I'm willing to give callahan next year to do what he needs to do in Lincoln which is....take us to the top and get those W's!!! If you think that callahan has "his players" playing for him right now in this offense, well IMO your wrong...next year is the year I can see drastic changes from what we have seen so far. Lucky, lately, has shown flashes of what he can do with the ball in his hands, and next year I think he is going to explode. Our D has to become a consistent D, forget the blackshirts, I want consistency! If that doesn't happen by next season then I don't know what to say about it...

Luck is a good returner but he hasn't shown much from the iback position. Now some of that may be due to callahan's play calling and our bad oline play but he hasn't read blocks very well several times and seems to fall down alot.

2 more years....

2 more years and what? So in 2 years we are going to beat texas and usc? yeesh dream on.

2 more years to get his players in. Then if the same sh*t give him and Peterson the boot. Got get his players in the program. First he and his assistants needs to learn prepare for games. Thats a must and basics for any game. Thats not happening as we all know, but give his recruits a chance in the couple of years to come and if Im wrong then Im wrong.

2 more years....

2 more years and what? So in 2 years we are going to beat texas and usc? yeesh dream on.

2 more years to get his players in. Then if the same sh*t give him and Peterson the boot. Got get his players in the program. First he and his assistants needs to learn prepare for games. Thats a must and basics for any game. Thats not happening as we all know, but give his recruits a chance in the couple of years to come and if Im wrong then Im wrong.

I agree a coach should be given his time but I just don't see much happening. I would agree more with your statement if these coaches were making progress and we were winning around 8 or 9 games. I just can't honestly see in 2 years us being a top 10 team which is what we are suppose to be and we are suppose to be winning big 12 titles by then. In 2 years we might get up to 7 or 8 wins most imo.

I'm willing to give callahan next year to do what he needs to do in Lincoln which is....take us to the top and get those W's!!! If you think that callahan has "his players" playing for him right now in this offense, well IMO your wrong...next year is the year I can see drastic changes from what we have seen so far. Lucky, lately, has shown flashes of what he can do with the ball in his hands, and next year I think he is going to explode. Our D has to become a consistent D, forget the blackshirts, I want consistency! If that doesn't happen by next season then I don't know what to say about it...

:wtf

Dude, Cally has a SIX YEAR contract. We can't give him a year, two years, three years. That is up to NU management. NOT US.... :bang

He'll need years to get the right folks in here and get back on track.

Try saying things like, I'll support him for one more year, or I'll back him with my money for one more year. Firing him is not your choice.

Four more years!

Four more years!

Four more years!

:bounce:bounce:bounce

Maybe we're all missing something here. Some guys want to make NU out like OU in the 90's, Alabama, etc. I don't buy it because those teams were coming off of probation. However, if we truely are like those teams then BC is nothing more than our rebound girl. OU had 3 coaches in there before they were brought back to the promised land. Alabama has had numerous coaches before they were revived. Even Notre Dame has had a couple coaches in there before they were really revived. USC had some coaches in there before they were revived.

Rebound girls/coaches in the past very seldom made it 6 years. Considering the Board of Regents are voted into office, I don't see BC making it 6 years without significant improvement next year. After thinking everything through, I believe Pud will be fired within the next 18 months. After he is fired, a new AD will be brought in. He/she will search for a coach over an extended period of time. After such time, the new coach will be brought in and hopefully have a couple of fairly decent recruiting classes awaiting him at NU. The big disclaimer will be whether or not BC and staff can put together another good recruiting class which depends on whether or not we can win 1 more game and make a bowl appearance.

I think we should all be thankful that the program was not allowed to gravitate toward mediocrity. Mediocrity is now starting to look good.

I think Pederson deserves a promotion also.

:yeah

We better give raises across the board again as well. I want the best college staff in the country paid accordingly. Since Wiess will make close to 4 million a year, I want Cally and co. paid as much if not more.

While we're at it, I'd personally like to see all the starters decked out with corvette keys. Not to mention, Husker whores should be handed out to all those interested! Hey it worked for CU.

I want a statue erected in front of Memorial Stadium. I want it to be a 3 header. In the middle, I want Pearlman because his infinite wisdom brought about the other two. The other two, I want Pud on the right because well he's always right. On the left, I want BC's pretty mug.

I want the name of the field changed as well because it shouldn't reflect anything of old. It should be properly named as Bill Callahan's Palace of Glory.

Maybe we're all missing something here. Some guys want to make NU out like OU in the 90's, Alabama, etc. I don't buy it because those teams were coming off of probation. However, if we truely are like those teams then BC is nothing more than our rebound girl. OU had 3 coaches in there before they were brought back to the promised land. Alabama has had numerous coaches before they were revived. Even Notre Dame has had a couple coaches in there before they were really revived. USC had some coaches in there before they were revived.

Rebound girls/coaches in the past very seldom made it 6 years. Considering the Board of Regents are voted into office, I don't see BC making it 6 years without significant improvement next year. After thinking everything through, I believe Pud will be fired within the next 18 months. After he is fired, a new AD will be brought in. He/she will search for a coach over an extended period of time. After such time, the new coach will be brought in and hopefully have a couple of fairly decent recruiting classes awaiting him at NU. The big disclaimer will be whether or not BC and staff can put together another good recruiting class which depends on whether or not we can win 1 more game and make a bowl appearance.

The best we can hope for is that billy c is our John Blake...hopefully he can recruit like a mother for about 4 years while having a record below .500, load the place with talent, then NU can find its "Bob Stoops" to come in and fix the place up. :thumbs

i was talking to a big ND fan today at work and got some pretty good info, assuming it is correct.....after Lou Holtz, Came Bob Davies, 5 years and relatively little success, then came Willingham, 5 year contract, after 3 pitiful years he was out.....now the most profound part of all this is Willingham was totally inept as a coach and bingo....in walks Weiss, same players, same skills, new coach, new methods, instant success......now i am sure some of you will dissect this and point out a myriad of reasons why Charlie Weiss has been so successful....previous recruiting, etc., BUT the point is he walked in and was immediately successful with the same guys Willingham couldn't do sh#t with!!......in fact according to my friend there is talk on the ND board of how we, Nebraska, are going through the same thing they went through......seems logical doesn't it? i say Cally gets one more year and if improvement is not obvious, then the AD has no alternative but to boot his ass out !(sorry Armistead, we are paying this guy a ton of money to MAKE THE TEAM BETTER!........no hugs and kisses frome me!) i think this may be very plausable as it appears he is already distancing himself from Cally...or so it appears...thoughts??

hunter

Guy's I feel like most people on this board has been very harsh to Mr. and Mrs. Callahan. Let's all try to remember that they have feeling, they can have those feelings hurt .

I like the Callahans, There are good people and doggone it, other people love them

and we will be right back with more Dr. Phil in a minute...... :wacko:

wow Armisted, you were grilling him yesterday......did you get religion or have a vision today?

funnypost.gif

Still cracking up at those 2 posts