Loving America so much that you spell it incorrectly.

http://news.cnet.com...ca-incorrectly/

Have you heard the news? Mitt Romney wants to be the President of the United States of "Amercia."

The Republican candidate's campaign yesterday launched a free iPhone app called "With Mitt," allowing people to snap photos and then superimpose one of 14 messages atop them for posting on social networks or e-mailing to friends.

There's just one problem: one of the messages that can be superimposed onto a photo promotes "A Better Amercia," rather than America.

Edit: For sake of clarity this is not an attack on Mitt Romney. I seriously doubt that Romney found the time to write an iPhone application. This is to show the irony of implying that we need to believe in a country that is misspelled.

Of course it was an attack on Mitt Romney. The reason people take these types of things too seriously in this forum is because of who is presenting them. You're not as fair and balanced as you would like us all to believe. If you had a history of posting similar gaffes by democrats it would be different but, you don't have that history. It's just an underhanded way of discrediting the Romney campaign even though we all know he didn't have one thing to do with the error. I'm a little surprised we don't have a dedicated forum mimicking Obama's TV smear campaign thus far. Visualize an elderly woman bemoaning that Bain Capital, led by Romney, bought out her employer's business, gutted it, put her out of a job, and he made millions doing it. "He made $100 million and took my healthcare away from me. How can he be President?" Really? Like he would be doing the same things as POTUS as he was when he was in charge of Bain Capital. He must be a monster. Anybody who makes millions is, dontcha know.

• Fire 2

Edit: For sake of clarity this is not an attack on Mitt Romney.

How noble of you. Then why post it?

It's like telling a racist joke and then telling people you have a friend that is a minority.

Wow. You missed the point even after I explained it for you. Holy moly.

None so blind as those who will not see.

Of course it was an attack on Mitt Romney. The reason people take these types of things too seriously in this forum is because of who is presenting them.

How do you figure? Explain in detail please. Particularly the part where I attacked Romney. Thanks!

You're not as fair and balanced as you would like us all to believe.

Link to me making that argument . . . in any form. Doesn't have to be a direct quote. Thanks!

It's just an underhanded way of discrediting the Romney campaign even though we all know he didn't have one thing to do with the error.

Sure you can say that now . . . after I pointed it out for you.

http://www.huskerboa...post__p__958825

Your further assistance is much appreciated. I'm sure that you can substantiate your claims. :D

One trend I see happening in this very thread: the HB conservatives are rallying around Romney. No decrying calls of "RINO!" No sneers of "Massachusetts Moderate!" No grumbles about "Romneycare."

All it takes is one perceived (and erroneously, I might add) slight and everyone leaps into the supporting Romney line just like the establishment said that they would.

Fascinating stuff.

One trend I see happening in this very thread: the HB conservatives are rallying around Romney. No decrying calls of "RINO!" No sneers of "Massachusetts Moderate!" No grumbles about "Romneycare."

All it takes is one perceived (and erroneously, I might add) slight and everyone leaps into the supporting Romney line just like the establishment said that they would.

Fascinating stuff.

Cool_story_bro_.jpg

Fascinating stuff.

Cool_story_bro_.jpg

21216434.jpg

Fascinating stuff.

Three more jabs but, I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it.

You're arguing that Romneycare (which I support), moderates (who I support), and RINOs (who I would much prefer to extremists) are "jabs" by me?

Well then. Haha. Jabs indeed. :P

Also JJ: when/if you get around to supporting those assertions will you let me know?

Doesnt look like Knapp made it onto this topic yet, so I think he would want this quoted for him.

Our economy - the world's economy - is teetering on the brink of collapse. We have major social issues to deal with in this country. Our national infrastructure is a shambles and needs a major overhaul. We are engaged in one major war and terrorism is fomenting across half the globe, much of it aimed at us.

Can we please focus on what's important and knock of this mindless drivel about whether it was a "Polish death camp" or a "Nazi death camp?" *

For God's sake - get your damned priorities in order. Stop parroting this crap and focus.

* Insert Amercia, Romneycare, or Cool story bro instead of the death camp quotes..

You're arguing that Romneycare (which I support), moderates (who I support), and RINOs (who I would much prefer to extremists) are "jabs" by me?

Well then. Haha. Jabs indeed. :P

Also JJ: when/if you get around to supporting those assertions will you let me know?

I stand by what I said. If you want to refute it, go right ahead. I won't hold my breath waiting for you to provide the proof. I can see how you would make a good lawyer. You take a holistic argument that you can't defend so instead you break it down into two or three components, based on technical wording, then act as if those few twisted and insignificant issues actually lessen the bigger issue. I'm not playing that game.

I stand by what I said. If you want to refute it, go right ahead.

Ah. The reverse scientific method. (Would that be the religious method?) I said what I said and I can't prove it but it's true unless you refute it. I bet that reasoning will take you far. :lol:

I'm not playing that game.

Apparently you think that it's a game when others expect your beliefs to be connected to reality.

Actually . . . that doesn't surprise me too much.

I stand by what I said. If you want to refute it, go right ahead.

Ah. The reverse scientific method. (Would that be the religious method?) I said what I said and I can't prove it but it's true unless you refute it. I bet that reasoning will take you far. :lol:

I'm not playing that game.

Apparently you think that it's a game when others expect your beliefs to be connected to reality.

Actually . . . that doesn't surprise me too much.

This isn't rocket science carl. If you don't want people calling you on the carpet for what you are doing, then stop doing it.

1- It is my opinion that it was an attack on Romney albeit a mild one. You brought to light a simple misspelling of the word America but the implications are that it is his fault since the mistake was made by someone in his campaign. If that is not the implication you meant to make, then you should also be pointing out similar gaffes by non-republican, non-conservative type folks. I have no evidence of you posting those types of things from the other side of the aisle so, by omission, it is my perception that you are somewhat one-sided and it was in fact a type of attack. I've got no links to offer. If you have some links of you pointing out similar "attacks" on democrats or liberals please provide them. Until then, my perception is what it is and you can ask for proof till you're blue in the face and it won't matter.

2- I may have to concede that you never claimed to be fair and balanced in your opinions. Apparently you don't think I can find a claim such as that by you and since I have no compulsion to search for it, I will concede that you never made that direct assertion. Since you took offense to it and I have noticed no evidence to contrary, I will assume that you are in agreement that you tend to provide harsher critique of republicans and conservatives. On this point I guess we agree; you are not fair and balanced and I apologize for intimating that you had proposed that you were.

3- This one boggles my mind. I said "It's just an underhanded way of discrediting the Romney campaign even though we all know he didn't have one thing to do with the error."

And your reply is "Sure you can say that now . . . after I pointed it out for you."??? Just because you admit it, after the fact, doesn't mean it was not originally an underhanded way of discrediting the Romney campaign. And, I am sorry you think so little of my intelligence that I wouldn't have understood that Romney probably had nothing to do with the misspelling without you pointing it out. So, if I point out that we are posting on HuskerBoard, am I elegible to act indignant later, when you mention HB and I inform you that I pointed it out for you? I usually tend to not take credit for pointing out obvious things that others should be getting on their own. Guess you're different that way.

All that explanation and no link required. Who woulda thunk it?

• Fire 1

1- It is my opinion that it was an attack on Romney albeit a mild one. You brought to light a simple misspelling of the word America but the implications are that it is his fault since the mistake was made by someone in his campaign. If that is not the implication you meant to make, then you should also be pointing out similar gaffes by non-republican, non-conservative type folks. I have no evidence of you posting those types of things from the other side of the aisle so, by omission, it is my perception that you are somewhat one-sided and it was in fact a type of attack. I've got no links to offer. If you have some links of you pointing out similar "attacks" on democrats or liberals please provide them. Until then, my perception is what it is and you can ask for proof till you're blue in the face and it won't matter.

You're drawing the wrong conclusions. The part that makes me chuckle is saying that we need to restore a belief in America . . . when the author misspelled America. That author wasn't Romney. Odds are the author isn't even really associated with the campaign beyond being hired to write the iPhone app. This is a great example of the pervasive culture of victimhood that has appeared in conservative circles. I'm not calling Romney stupid. I'm not calling his campaign stupid. This post was an ironic example that I think is rather illustrative of the faux-patriotism that I find annoying. (FWIW, Romney isn't stupid. Far from it. He is a very intelligent man. Palin is stupid. Just because I think, with ample evidence, that Palin is stupid doesn't mean that I think that all conservatives are stupid. For some reason those opinions get all jumbled together in the brains of some conservatives.)

I don't think I have a history of posting this sort of gaffe at all. This (to my recollection) is my first. So I guess in that way you're right. 100% of my topics about this sort of gaffe have been from a Republican campaign. I guess you are arguing that one instance makes a trend. If you believe that, you're on solid ground. I don't agree but that's a different matter.

2- I may have to concede that you never claimed to be fair and balanced in your opinions. Apparently you don't think I can find a claim such as that by you and since I have no compulsion to search for it, I will concede that you never made that direct assertion. Since you took offense to it and I have noticed no evidence to contrary, I will assume that you are in agreement that you tend to provide harsher critique of republicans and conservatives. On this point I guess we agree; you are not fair and balanced and I apologize for intimating that you had proposed that you were.

Thanks for the concession. Apology accepted. Maybe next time you'll think of the evidence before forming your opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree that the OP was a critique of republicans or conservatives.

3- This one boggles my mind. I said "It's just an underhanded way of discrediting the Romney campaign even though we all know he didn't have one thing to do with the error."

And your reply is "Sure you can say that now . . . after I pointed it out for you."??? Just because you admit it, after the fact, doesn't mean it was not originally an underhanded way of discrediting the Romney campaign. And, I am sorry you think so little of my intelligence that I wouldn't have understood that Romney probably had nothing to do with the misspelling without you pointing it out. So, if I point out that we are posting on HuskerBoard, am I elegible to act indignant later, when you mention HB and I inform you that I pointed it out for you? I usually tend to not take credit for pointing out obvious things that others should be getting on their own. Guess you're different that way.

Actually, it was before the fact . . . as in before you had addressed it. I'll also note that you said that it was an attack on Romney . . . even though you concede that we all agree that Romney had nothing to do with it. If I were making that argument I would find it quite difficult to reconcile those positions. Consistency matters.

Would you like me to address your analogy or our actual situation? I'll assume that it's simpler to focus on this situation rather than a HB analogy but I can certainly change this for you if you prefer.

1. In your very first post in this thread you said "Of course this was an attack on Mitt Romney."

2. In that same post you quote my OP that stated "I seriously doubt that Romney found the time to write an iPhone application."

3. How do you prove that it was an attack on Mitt Romney? By repeating your initial statement with an addition. "It's just an underhanded way of discrediting the Romney campaign even though we all know he didn't have one thing to do with the error." Well . . . thanks for the reiteration but you'll notice from carefully reading your post that I had already pointed the latter part out.

4. You try to claim that three common complaints from conservatives about Romney are also jabs by me . . . even though those statements would make him more attractive to a centrist voter like myself.

5. Your proof as to why these are attacks on Romney? Because you think that they are attacks on Romney.

If you say so. :thumbs