Position change?

Tierre Green: CB or FS

The guy is 6'1 200 and has the natural ability and speed to play the FS position. Being that our defensive backfield talent is so thin and our obvious need to get the our best athletes on the field (preferably on the defensive side), is a position change in the future asking too much of a young guy? Granted, he is new to the position and technically speaking he is raw. As a coach, it just seems to me that he would be better suited at the FS position where he has the field in front of him. Curious about your thoughts.

Well, if I remember correctly, he played that position in high school. I think he could end up being a safety next season, but he is playing CB right now strictly out of depth issues. The DeFrand injury hurt really bad. BTW, any word on DeFrand or is he done?

I didn't mean to portray speed as the issue with him at CB. I simply would hate to see an obvious raw talent like Tierre with good speed become a nickel back with Zach and Cortney getting more snaps. I guess I would just like to see him with less man responsibilities and more opportunities to react with the field in front of him. On the flip side, switching positions for a 3rd time would be asking alot. It's a tough call. As far as DeFrand's status, not sure.

The guy is 6'1 200 and has the natural ability and speed to play the FS position. Being that our defensive backfield talent is so thin and our obvious need to get the our best athletes on the field (preferably on the defensive side), is a position change in the future asking too much of a young guy? Granted, he is new to the position and technically speaking he is raw. As a coach, it just seems to me that he would be better suited at the FS position where he has the field in front of him. Curious about your thoughts.

To me this makes a lot of sense. With his speed, he can, unfortunently, chase down people if they beat our CB's and with his frame come up a bet on people, which he has shown an ability to do. At 200 bills, he's a nice size, plus we could use this in recruiting. You know the all important "play right away"

To me, this makes sense. Green's physical size would lend well at FS. Depth is a concern right now, but if recruiting pans out, maybe a move to FS would be the thing to do.... I would like to think that maybe L. Jackson could possibly play CB next season.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like he's on his way to safety. His size and "range" will allow it.

He is a solid tackler too. He isnt a stupendous, im gonna light you up kind of big hitter, but i havent seen him miss tackles the way tiedtke does. With his speed and range, I think this will be a major upgrade as far as talent for that position. I hope this works out well, because safety is starting to look scary with Jackson switching to wide out.

What do you guys think of the chances of green or jackson seeing any time in the bowl if they do switch positions. they would have about 3 weeks, do you feel this is enough time to learn the position and get some time, or more than likely will they not see the field this year.