***Official NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread***

So... to answer my own question about Northern teams in the Super Regionals, I used stats from d1baseball.com all the way back to '03. Before I list the results, one caveat: I did not include schools that could likely be argued as regards to their location whether the climate would classify them as 'Northern'. Those could include schools like UNC, NC St., Louisville, Coastal Carolina, Eastern Carolina, TCU, and Oral Roberts. A couple I am not entirely sure of the location (E. and C. Carolina). Other than those potentials, the rest would undoubtedly get the classification of 'Northern' schools for purposes here, I believe.

'11 - 1 Northern school - UConn

'10 - 0 Northern schools

'09 - 0 Northern schools

'08 - 1 Northern school - Wichita State

'07 - 2 Northern schools - Michigan, Wichita State

'06 - 1 Northern school - Mizzou

'05 - 1 Northern school - Nebraska

'04 - 0 Northern schools

'03 - 2 Northern schools - Ohio State, SW Missouri

These are just Northern schools that made it to the Super Regionals. When we get to the CWS, I'll go through and see what I can locate there. Interesting stuff. Shows that in most years, at least one Northern school makes it to the Super Regionals. Nice anomaly this year of 3 schools, though when you look at the Regional rankings of the 3, Stony Brook was 4, and St Johns and Kent State were both 3s. So some great achievements for those schools to even make it this far.

O-H : I didn't in this analysis. I believe in my analysis I left out anything N. Carolina and below on the East Coast, and left out all West Coast teams, including the Washington and Oregon schools. (I believe I saw Oregon, Oregon St., one the Washington schools, and Gonzaga in the Super Regional listings during that time) I pretty much limited my Northern schools analysis to those that would have an obvious snow/wintery disadvantage during the November - March time of the year. That being said, I didn't do an individual analysis on a lot of schools, but did a more blanket 'No Pacific coast schools, No Pac-12 schools, No SEC schools, No Nevada schools, no N. Carolina and below from ACC, Big East, East Coast schools' type of analysis. So a particular school that may not be fair to. (We were in Louisville in November in '06, for example, and their weather for that time of year certainly wasn't what I would have considered 'warm weather', but I was also told that was an aberration for that time of year. *shrug*) So I may have missed a few, but I pulled the ones that I thought were ones that there would certainly be no argument about them being Northern schools.

Hope that clears it up, though I have a feeling I didn't express it very clearly. :D