Legends and Leaders. Do you still hate the names?

NUance

How long will Jamal Lord remain QB?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I figured this issue was now dead but apparently they could still be looking at it:

McMurphy spoke to league commissioner Jim Delany, who said changing the division names is an option when Maryland and Rutgers join the conference for the 2014 season. The Big Ten will also have to decide on the makeup of its divisions and scheduling, but there might not be a more divisive issue than those division names.

“Obviously, we got some acceptance [with Legends and Leaders], but not as much as we would have liked,” Delany said. "... I think on the other hand, we said we would test market it, and we have for a couple of years. We have the opportunity to look at it again. I’m sure we will. Whether or not we change or not is to be determined. I don’t have any presumption that we’ll change on it, but that doesn’t mean we’re not looking at it.

“I don’t think when you try to build something, lead some organization, you don’t want to be tone deaf. But it’s not up for vote every week.”

I think this is about as much indication as we can hope for that the names will change. Delany very obviously does not like to be second-guessed. He also doen't like to tip his hand. While these tendencies can be annoying, he is obviously one of the best at what he does (see Dan Beebe).

And I do hate the names. Hard to keep straight, and really that should be the most important function of the names.