Legends and Leaders. Do you still hate the names?

NUance

How long will Jamal Lord remain QB?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What happened to the poll in this thread? It just vaporized. Sort of freaky. :lol:

Delaney's elite PR team removed it.

They suck but I just ignore them.

Hopefully when they bring in two teams from the East they just put Wisconsin in our division and call it eiher North and South or East and West. Regardless if it's a perfect term or not.

Heck I could live with Northwest and Southeast if they want to do it that way.

Just change it to Legends & Ringleaders.

The mnemonically challenged could then just think of them as L(eft) & R(ight).

Pretentious, preposterous, treacherous, and goofy.

I like them.

Are these your suggested names if we go to 4 pods?

Haha, who would be in which?

Well obviously we would be in the pretentious pod.

Penn st is an easy one...

Wisconsin gets goofy due to their mascot (which I actually like btw)

Purdue's mascot also puts them in the goofy pod

Still hate them. Like others in this thread, I think they should go with east and west, including moving Wisconsin and Illinois into our division while moving the Michigan schools into the other one. The competitive balance argument died when Penn State self-immolated this past year and hired Bill Callahan II.

Still say they should've went straight East and West divisions with Neb, Wiscy, Iowa, Minn, Ill, and NW in the west and OSU, MIch, PSU, Pur, Ind, and MSU in the east. I know they wanted to balance out the traditional powers but this plan would've kept traditional rivalries/trophy-games intact while getting rid of the supid interdivision rivals deal. Plus the west could likely hold its own, and down the road if that changed THEN you do something goofy like Legends and Leaders.

How silly is it going to be when Mich and Ohio State have rematches a week after their traditional season-ending game?

Still say they should've went straight East and West divisions with Neb, Wiscy, Iowa, Minn, Ill, and NW in the west and OSU, MIch, PSU, Pur, Ind, and MSU in the east. I know they wanted to balance out the traditional powers but this plan would've kept traditional rivalries/trophy-games intact while getting rid of the supid interdivision rivals deal. Plus the west could likely hold its own, and down the road if that changed THEN you do something goofy like Legends and Leaders.

How silly is it going to be when Mich and Ohio State have rematches a week after their traditional season-ending game?

YES

That's the last thing I want to see

• 5 months later...

I figured this issue was now dead but apparently they could still be looking at it:

McMurphy spoke to league commissioner Jim Delany, who said changing the division names is an option when Maryland and Rutgers join the conference for the 2014 season. The Big Ten will also have to decide on the makeup of its divisions and scheduling, but there might not be a more divisive issue than those division names.

“Obviously, we got some acceptance [with Legends and Leaders], but not as much as we would have liked,” Delany said. "... I think on the other hand, we said we would test market it, and we have for a couple of years. We have the opportunity to look at it again. I’m sure we will. Whether or not we change or not is to be determined. I don’t have any presumption that we’ll change on it, but that doesn’t mean we’re not looking at it.

“I don’t think when you try to build something, lead some organization, you don’t want to be tone deaf. But it’s not up for vote every week.”

Full Article