Says it all!

AZ4NU

Everyone who has complained in the last few weeks, or years, or whatever the length of time might be, . Everytime I read crap from formerfan or others that degrade the Huskers, I am almost ashamed to be lumped into the same "Husker Fan" boat as them. Take a look, see what you think about that article.

I guess I have to laugh a little when I read that article. Not because I disagree with anything he says, but because I remember back during the 95 season when fans had the gall to boo Brook Berringer when he replaced Frazier during mop up duty. Just like it didn't get any better back then, it would be hard to get much worse than here. Fans applaud and fans boo. If we boo a player who basically got us to the 94 NC game due to an injury to Frazier, why is anyone ashamed or surprised when fans boo when we lose as much as we are now?

Who declared KState a rivalry? KState didn't pull a CU and make us a rival. They have just recently been labeled as such because they've had pretty decent success at beating us over the last 8 years. With the recent successes that Mizzou, TT, etc. have had; are they all our rivals now too? IMO, the only rivals we have at NU are CU and OU. CU is by their choice, and OU is one of the longer rivalries out there.

Being a college student and not even playing organized sports, I find it hard to believe players are really combing through the message boards seeing what fans are saying. I had friends who played ball, and they had little if any spare time much less to surf the net. Yeah, they hear the boos and things during the games. But, I don't buy that it's a common practice for players to come to these message boards and read our responses.

You may not think that they look at the message boards, but do you really want to be the one that is the reason a Ricky Thenarse or Antwaan Cobb says "I'm sorry, I'm looking for a program that has everybody behind it." Just a question. I hope you're right about them not looking at these things. Cuz if they are, why would they go to a program in such shambles as some are suggesting?

You may not think that they look at the message boards, but do you really want to be the one that is the reason a Ricky Thenarse or Antwaan Cobb says "I'm sorry, I'm looking for a program that has everybody behind it." Just a question. I hope you're right about them not looking at these things. Cuz if they are, why would they go to a program in such shambles as some are suggesting?

If what you say is true, then how did Texas or Penn State get the recruits they did? I know there has been a lot of fans grumbling for both programs to get rid of their coaches. Hell, I bet there's even OU fans that were calling for the head of Stoops after the TCU loss and Texas drumming.

I guess what you're saying is that Iowa, Ohio State, and Michigan are just screwed for recruiting this year? None of the 3 mentioned have performed nearly as well as projected from the beginning of the year. I'm sure there are fans of all 3 writing into their message boards discussing displeasure. Nebraska isn't the only team that has message boards. Nebraska isn't the only school where fans boo. If you don't think OU was in shambles when Blake was coaching there, then define a program in shambles. He got some pretty decent recruits there. You think fans were all singing and displaying happy thoughts in Florida last year? They've had pretty decent recruiting classes under Zook.

I guess what I'm saying is that I've never heard a recruit say he didn't go to a school because of something he's read on a message board. I've heard of recruits not going to a school due to something he saw on that school's campus he found undesirable. Don't we have a lineman that was supposed to go to Minnesota that chose NU because of the parties Minnesota took him to? I've never heard a recruit say he's not going to a school because the fans occasionally boo the team. I've been to high school games where there's boos. It's part of sports.

We the fans don't recruit. We the fans don't have the relationship with a recruit of their family. Recruits go to a school where they have a relationship and trust built with a staff. If a recruit doesn't want to go to a school where he may hear some booing, then he probably won't be playing ball in college. Again, if a recruit doesn't want to go to a college where he'll hear some negative remarks about his coach; he probably won't be playing ball in college. I think we can all agree that TO had his fair share of fans who said negative things, Solich did as well. I'm sure JoePa does as well as Spurrier, Stoops, etc.

If I were a recruit, I'd feel a little more uncomfortable about going to a team like Penn State where their coach could keel over at any time. I like JoePa, but he's 80 or close to it. The program could be turned upside down and offensive and defensive philosophy could change. This would scare me a lot more than booing or negative comments about the coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make a good point, Junior. However, you didn't take it to the next step - coaching changes are more and more frequently becoming a result of those boos.

Recruits don't hear boos and think "wow...I bet the Friday Meet and Greets won't have many people"...more like "wow...I wonder when these boosters call for the coach's head and get him fired".

As for message boards...can they by themselves make a player want to play for a school? Probably not. Can they disuade a player to come to a school? No, I don't think so.

Do they provide insight into both the character of the fan following and the school and program? Most assuredly they do and I would suspect that is, in fact, a consideration for many recruits.

IRISH!

GBR!

Don't worry junior, I'll reply to you later tonight.

If anyone didn't know, that was me who asked BRM to post that for me. I sent it to some media outlets in hopes they would show their support and get fans to stop being jack-offs for a day and rally around the team. A few have replied and a couple were not nice. One member of Nebraska's local media (I won't say who) bluntly stated for me to "not send that crap again" in his one sentence reply. Absolutely pathetic.

For the most part, my inbox was flooded with replies and support.

I was hoping that fans would rally and pour out their support to the media like last year when Missouri came to Lincoln and a Red Out was in full effect with one of the most rockus crowds in recent memory. We were 4-3, almost in the same situation we were now, but we rallied around our players and coaches and look how things turned out. That is what I was hoping for again, although it doesn't seem it will happen thanks to alot of these media members who are Husker 'fans'.

Big Willie, thanks for getting that message posted on huskerpedia. It sure seems like there isn't enough positive thoughts about the Huskers right now. A win against KSU wouldn't have been that big of a deal in the 90s, but it's 2005 and this team needs the Husker Nation. GBR.

We are trying to get the REDOUT word to the Media outlets like TV, Radio, newspapers, talk shows to show that the support for callahan is there and will always be there and not to give into the negative A-hole,m bandwagon fans who continue to bash the program, the coaches, university and everything NU related. The message we sending with this redout should be clear, you are all bandwagon fans who are nothing more then scum and if you decide to stop coming to game,s or want to give up your season tickets, there are a 1,000 new husker converts every day, so godobye and don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you

We are trying to get the REDOUT word to the Media outlets like TV, Radio, newspapers, talk shows to show that the support for callahan is there and will always be there and not to give into the negative A-hole,m bandwagon fans who continue to bash the program, the coaches, university and everything NU related. The message we sending with this redout should be clear, you are all bandwagon fans who are nothing more then scum and if you decide to stop coming to game,s or want to give up your season tickets, there are a 1,000 new husker converts every day, so godobye and don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you

Hopefully these 1000/day NU converts start donating some bling bling to Pud's vision soon so that Eppley doesn't have a coronary!

Wow, if you really think that fans' comments on an internet board, in the newpaper, or on a radio show are really gonna effect the direction of the program, then I have some beautiful oceanfront property to sell you in Scottsbluff. :wacko: I guess much like Bill Clinton, pud and billy c. are afraid of a little criticism. Thats why pud has been hiding for the past few days.

REAL fans talk about their team, good or bad, and criticism can be good if you know how to use it. :thumbs

IMO, it is possible to be a fan and still voice an opinion about the team. Does anyone really know whether BC and the gang will turn things around..NO. Questioning, Critiquing, and discussing the state of the program is done in different ways by different people. It does not mean that it is wrong. I respect the opinion, no matter what opinion it may be. It is the those who wish everyone to have the same opinion that bother me, because then it ceases to be an opinion.

I really doubt that, at one point or another, any NU fan has somehow questioned the state of the program this season (some more verbally than others). If you are a BC supporter, great, good for you. If you are not a BC supporter, good for you as well. But this arguement that if you do not talk about BC a certain way, you are not a true fan or NU supporter is truly from the minds of obtuse thinkers. There can be two sides, yes it is possible. If you do not like someones views, rebut them...debate them, but do not say that they are wrong or not a fan for having that opinion. I salute those who have strong opinions and hope that they continue, whether I agree or not.

Go Big Red, God Bless this mess, and lets stomp KSU

Wow, if you really think that fans' comments on an internet board, in the newpaper, or on a radio show are really gonna effect the direction of the program, then I have some beautiful oceanfront property to sell you in Scottsbluff. :wacko: I guess much like Bill Clinton, pud and billy c. are afraid of a little criticism. Thats why pud has been hiding for the past few days.

REAL fans talk about their team, good or bad, and criticism can be good if you know how to use it. :thumbs

Obviously you don't know how to use it. How else can you explain calling Callahan an A-hole. That's your idea of criticism? <_<