16 things that Calvin and Hobbes said better than anyone else

Well this is out dated

Calvin: They say the world is a stage. But obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines.

Hobbes: Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Calvin: We need more special effects and dance numbers.

From wikipedia

In early 2010, Watterson was interviewed by The Plain Dealer on the 15th anniversary of the end of Calvin and Hobbes. Explaining his decision to discontinue the strip, he said,

This isn't as hard to understand as people try to make it. By the end of ten years, I'd said pretty much everything I had come there to say. It's always better to leave the party early. If I had rolled along with the strip's popularity and repeated myself for another five, ten, or twenty years, the people now "grieving" for
Calvin and Hobbes
would be wishing me dead and cursing newspapers for running tedious, ancient strips like mine instead of acquiring fresher, livelier talent. And I'd be agreeing with them. I think some of the reason
Calvin and Hobbes
still finds an audience today is because I chose not to run the wheels off it. I've never regretted stopping when I did.

From wikipedia

In early 2010, Watterson was interviewed by The Plain Dealer on the 15th anniversary of the end of Calvin and Hobbes. Explaining his decision to discontinue the strip, he said,

This isn't as hard to understand as people try to make it. By the end of ten years, I'd said pretty much everything I had come there to say. It's always better to leave the party early. If I had rolled along with the strip's popularity and repeated myself for another five, ten, or twenty years, the people now "grieving" for
Calvin and Hobbes
would be wishing me dead and cursing newspapers for running tedious, ancient strips like mine instead of acquiring fresher, livelier talent. And I'd be agreeing with them. I think some of the reason
Calvin and Hobbes
still finds an audience today is because I chose not to run the wheels off it. I've never regretted stopping when I did.

Watterson ending Calvin&Hobbes = Tom Osborne retiring after 1997

From wikipedia

Calvin and Hobbes
Calvin and Hobbes

He didn't want to become Garfield. There is certainly something to knowing when to call it a wrap.

From wikipedia

Calvin and Hobbes
Calvin and Hobbes

Watterson ending Calvin&Hobbes = Tom Osborne retiring after 1997

haha yeah basically.