Cities are making it unlawful to feed the homeless

I have no sympathy whatsoever for anyone begging for food or money on the side of the rode and I will never give them a single red cent. When the economy nearly crashed a couple of years ago I lost my job where I was making a very comfortable wage. I'm now working for 7.50 an hour and barely scraping by. It makes me mad as hell that these people, most of whom are able-bodied, believe that working for minimum wage is somehow beneath them.

Your sweeping generalization that the homeless are a bunch of freeloaders is entirely misconstrued. There are some that fit your mold but many others have mental disabilities or other impediments, little or no formal education, and had poor upbringings.

Not but a week ago I saw a man standing on the corner of Myrtle and 13th, it's the point where the 184 connector merges into downtown Boise, and he was standing on the side of the road begging for money while talking on his cell phone. So he's homeless, has no money, but can afford a cell phone? Same intersection a man and woman have their little kid with them. Imagine the life lesson they're imparting to that kid, that's it's "okay" to be a worthless leech. To not worry about being self-sufficient to rely on strangers to provide for you. I see more and more people standing on the corner begging for money. The vast majority of them I'd say well over 95% look, to my eyes, perfectly capable of working. They simply choose not to.

Edit: Poor ubringings...lol...as if anyone who has a job and works for a living has had a life of ease.

I agree that there are many people who are adequately equipped to hold down a job and chose not to, but not everyone fits that build. You also have to take into consideration that some are capable but are unable to find one. Even for minimum wage jobs, there are limited opportunities for an illiterate homeless person. Many variables are in play for each individual and it is unfair to categorize them all as simply too lazy to work.

When I mentioned poor upbringings I wasn't insinuating that the majority of the working class had perfect lives. Instead, I was pointing out that most people have parents or guardians that instilled some good values and work ethics while others aren't so fortunate.

If you really believe this has anything to do with food safety or similar concerns, you might also be interested in the Brooklyn Bridge that I'm currently trying to sell. Food safety issues and other equally flimsy excuses are only pretenses to justify actions that further their true goals: discouraging unsightly homeless people from congregating in areas where they don't want them to be. By making it harder for well intentioned citizens and charitable organizations to feed these unfortunate people, these city governments are trying to encourage homeless people to move on to other areas where they aren't seen by tourists or "bothering" relatively well off locals who don't want to be reminded of the rather ugly problem of homelessness.

If you really believe this has anything to do with food safety or similar concerns, you might also be interested in the Brooklyn Bridge that I'm currently trying to sell. Food safety issues and other equally flimsy excuses are only pretenses to justify actions that further their true goals: discouraging unsightly homeless people from congregating in areas where they don't want them to be. By making it harder for well intentioned citizens and charitable organizations to feed these unfortunate people, these city governments are trying to encourage homeless people to move on to other areas where they aren't seen by tourists or "bothering" relatively well off locals who don't want to be reminded of the rather ugly problem of homelessness.

I dont know if it is as underhanded as that. Look at the other cray crap he has rolled out, no more pop in containers over 16oz, his health board is talking about banning butter popcorn at movies, milkshakes, etc. Mayor Bloomburg is the classic out of touch Billionaire. He can identify with a middle class guy, as much as we can identify with some third world family living off a dollar a month.

I dont know if it is as underhanded as that. Look at the other cray crap he has rolled out, no more pop in containers over 16oz, his health board is talking about banning butter popcorn at movies, milkshakes, etc. Mayor Bloomburg is the classic out of touch Billionaire. He can identify with a middle class guy, as much as we can identify with some third world family living off a dollar a month.

I would buy that if it was only Bloomberg doing this, but he's just the latest to jump into this trend. There's also an aspect of stifling speech in the case of the Food Not Bombs situation in Orlando that really kickstarted many of these feeding crackdowns.