Tickets/Stadium info for first visit to Memorial

I'll be visiting my freshman friend at UNL this fall, and we are scheduling it around a football weekend of course.

I have a few questions and I would appreciate any help from you guys who have experience going to games and buying tickets.

We will be flying to Nebraska and will need 2 tickets for the Michigan game-

Stubhub prices are ridiculously high right now (do they tend to fall down at all for big games or are they gonna stay at $200+) ?

What sections are recomended (North/South/East/West) ?

How high of row should I even consider, what sections/rows have you all liked?

In regards to student tickets, how possible is it that an incoming freshman will get tickets for us, and is this even an option?

If all else fails (ebay, stubhub, student tickets), how accessible will tickets be on gameday? and how will they be priced?

Ideally Id want tickets in-hand before boarding the plane, as this is pretty far to travel for a game, id want guarenteed entrance to the game. Also, if flying into Omaha airport, how far/ and how do I get to campus- is there a shuttle or anything?

But please give any advice regarding the topic, this is my first trip out there to Lincoln, and cant wait to finally see a game in Memorial. THANKS

Where are you coming from?

As far as your question, student tickets will not be an option, they are doing e-tickets on our student ID's so you would not be able to go that route...East and West should be your first choice, up to about 50 rows is a good seat, and the East balcony is great. In your case i wouldn't be too picky. South and North stadium are fine too but try not to get anything above row 60 or so. And you would probably rather do South so you can watch the big screen. Also don't plan on having your tickets before hand, especially since you are coming in from out of town. Stubhub will stay the same until kickoff, with a chance of increasing if both our records are good (which they will). You can search craigslist and other sites too, but won't have much luck for a primetime top 10 possible matchup. There are hundreds of people that sell tickets before the game and the trick is to get them soon to kickoff. Tailgate and visit the North stadium, then get tickets half an hour before kickoff so you can see the band and tunnel walk etc. Last year i didn't get student ticks in time and my friend and i went to the OSU game. Tickets were around the same price, and we ended up getting them for 70 a piece an hour before kickoff. If i were that's what i would do, because you will be guarenteed tickets no matter which route you take. I know it feels easier to already have them, but you can get the best deal later. My friends and I are headed up to Northwestern this year, without tickets, and we will save hundreds.

Your best bet is a scalper outside the stadium. You'll have a good choice of tickets. If its a big game expect the prices to be just below stub hub prices. If its a scrub game (that isn't the season opener) you'll grab them around face value to $50 above usually. If you don't care about kick off you can usually score tickets at face value or less 2 mintues before to just after kick off. I've offered a guy 10 bucks for 4 tickets to Texas A&M on the 40 yard line about 20 rows up about 10 years ago right as kick off started and he took it.

I would probably plan on spending $100-150 a ticket 2-3 hours before kick off for most games.

This will be the premier home game and its in primetime so Id equate it to the Ohio State game of last year. How accessible were tickets a few hours before kickoff, and were they decent seats?

@Blackshirt007 where were your seats that you got for 70 before the game, that is the ideal scenario.

Also, I will be flying in from the east coast, and im not sure how one gets from Omaha airport to UNL campus. Anyone have experience with this?

Student tickets can be had. Have your friend do some serious checking and bartering. Who knows, but you might be able to get one in the same stadium (east or south) as your friend. Don't wait to long as they will be harder to get. From what I understand there will be 500 to 1000 students not able to get tickets this year that wanted them.

This will be the premier home game and its in primetime so Id equate it to the Ohio State game of last year. How accessible were tickets a few hours before kickoff, and were they decent seats?

@Blackshirt007 where were your seats that you got for 70 before the game, that is the ideal scenario.

Also, I will be flying in from the east coast, and im not sure how one gets from Omaha airport to UNL campus. Anyone have experience with this?

They were west stadium, about 15 rows up on the 10 yard line, so they were pretty good. Trust me, you will be able to find plenty of tickets before kickoff, whether its 10 hours before kickoff or 10 minutes before kickoff, there are literally hundreds of sellers on every corner...Lots of people fly in from bigger cities (chicago, st. louis, kc, etc) to sell tickets, ( i know this because i've talked to a few, and they are part of a ticket scalping business) now granted some of these people are skethy because it's probably what they do for a living, but you can seek out the type of seller you want to buy from. Just live the atmosphere for a few hours around the stadium, don't be in a rush to find tickets because they will always be there. And don't buy from the first person you talk to, get a feel for the going price, and you will notice as it gets closer to kickoff the prices drop rapidly. Your best bet is to wait until about 45 minutes before kickoff, because the stadium only open an hour and a half early. After people start going in, scalpers get nervous and figure they just need to sell them and at least get there money back. And for driving in, you just take I80 West. It is the easiest drive you will ever make (about 45 minutes) I would just type it into a GPS or your phone. The thing you need to find out is if you don't have a parking pass, where you are going to park. If you don't want to pay for a lot, you can park in the neighborhoods to the north or south of the stadium. Otherwise you can drive around downtown and try to find a meter, but its a long shot.

Omaha is a seperate city than Lincoln. It's usually about an hours drive coming from Eppley but on gameday you'll want to give yourself a good 2 hour window for traffic. If your firend is in Lincoln as a student you're probably going to want him to give you a ride, otherwise you could also rent a car or take a cab.

There is a shuttle service from the airport in Omaha that would take you to Lincoln if you want to go that route. - go to the OMALiNK.com website for reservations and schedules etc. if you want to go that route. I think pricing is typically $49.95 for a one-way ticket but that may or not be accurate for the time of your visit..

Student tickets can be had. Have your friend do some serious checking and bartering. Who knows, but you might be able to get one in the same stadium (east or south) as your friend. Don't wait to long as they will be harder to get. From what I understand there will be 500 to 1000 students not able to get tickets this year that wanted them.

No, not anymore. With the switch to electronic tickets for students it pretty much eliminates that route, from my understanding.