Whats dividing this country more?

Nation DIvided  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Mississippi River. :thumbs

Copy cat!

I didn't see that. And I didn't put Coke v. Pepsi in mine. :lol:

Well at any rate I agree with you, it's been dividing us far too long, I say we fill the whole thing in and flood Minnesota. It's what's best for the country.

That's a good post knappl but I think it goes deeper than just selfishness. It's the sense of entitlement that too many people seem to have--and this sense of entitlement isn't a left versus right issue. Too many people seem to think they are somehow owed something. I'm the first to admit I'm generalizing here, but I think it's fairly accurate:

College educated kids think they're owed a job where they're making six figures plus to start...

Poor people think they're owed a better existence, see the members of "occupy" movement as an example...

People with no health care coverage think the government owes them healthcare...

If one can't make ends meet the they are owed social welfare...

Too many people think that a life of comfort and ease should just be handed to them...

The uber wealthy think they are entitled to ever higher profits...

Certain Nebraska fans think they're owed 14-0 seasons culminating with a conference and national title every season...

I watched about 1:30 of the Mormon video, I didn't really see anything wrong with it. They were basically saying the Mormon church has a history of considering black people inferior. It does have that history, so what's the problem? Keep in mind I'm only talking about the first 1:30, I don't know what else is on the video. Al Sharpton is an idiot, but I don't think what he said is any worse than what a bunch of Christians on this very forum speak about when they claim certain other Christians aren't "real" Christians.

What the first guy was blabbing about probably wouldn't be considered acceptable in most circles. I think it's simply ignorant racism; similar to what beanman said up there.

Understatement of the year. Of course he can stay and preach that bullsh#t (that's his right as an American) and I am an ignorant racist. That's your right as an American. That guy can leave our country any time if he thinks we're keeping him down somehow. Or he can just piss and moan like a racist idiot, again, that's his right. It would seem he's got plenty of time on his hands so surely he could go to college and make something of himself like the rest of us instead of standing out on the streets yelling crap like that. I'm unfamiliar with his life situation or education history. He seemed like too much of an idiot to pay him much attention. But I strongly support his freedom of speech.