Whats dividing this country more?

Nation DIvided  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Internet has been an interesting wild card in political discourse. Would any of you walk into a coffee shop and start a political debate with a stranger; one that could escalate to petty ad hominem? Many of us don't hesitate to do that masked by anonymity though. Throw in all the partisan media reinforcement, the fact that congress is probably more corrupt (for campaign funds) than at any point in history, and we now have individuals buying elections outright...no surprise that the net result is ugly mix of anger and cynicism that is vented at each other.

Probably politics because the other two can play into that tension.

Also, it's acceptable at the moment to be openly derisive or discriminatory against someone's politics . . . race and religion . . . not so much.

I need a ruling on this. Is this guy being "openly derisive" against someone's race?

What about this? Derisive?

Probably politics because the other two can play into that tension.

Also, it's acceptable at the moment to be openly derisive or discriminatory against someone's politics . . . race and religion . . . not so much.

I need a ruling on this. Is this guy being "openly derisive" against someone's race?

What about this? Derisive?

I'll volunteer to drive his ass over the pond and dump him where he belongs. If he doesn't like it here he can go back to starving in Africa. And I'm guessing the crackers have a lot more guns than his peeps do.

I watched about 1:30 of the Mormon video, I didn't really see anything wrong with it. They were basically saying the Mormon church has a history of considering black people inferior. It does have that history, so what's the problem? Keep in mind I'm only talking about the first 1:30, I don't know what else is on the video. Al Sharpton is an idiot, but I don't think what he said is any worse than what a bunch of Christians on this very forum speak about when they claim certain other Christians aren't "real" Christians.

What the first guy was blabbing about probably wouldn't be considered acceptable in most circles. I think it's simply ignorant racism; similar to what beanman said up there.

I watched about 1:30 of the Mormon video, I didn't really see anything wrong with it. They were basically saying the Mormon church has a history of considering black people inferior. It does have that history, so what's the problem? Keep in mind I'm only talking about the first 1:30, I don't know what else is on the video. Al Sharpton is an idiot, but I don't think what he said is any worse than what a bunch of Christians on this very forum speak about when they claim certain other Christians aren't "real" Christians.

What the first guy was blabbing about probably wouldn't be considered acceptable in most circles. I think it's simply ignorant racism; similar to what beanman said up there.

Understatement of the year. Of course he can stay and preach that bullsh#t and I am an ignorant racist. That guy can leave our country any time if he thinks we're keeping him down somehow. It would seem he's got plenty of time on his hands so surely he could go to college and make something of himself like the rest of us instead of standing out on the streets yelling crap like that.