Did we get an 11th commit?

My first recollections of Nebraska football were during a game when our kicker missed a field goal and we lost 18-16. Three of the next four years we won the national title. That's my Nebraska football: bringing in the best kids and competing for national championships. Those teams were STACKED with BLUE-CHIP talent at damn-near every position. I realize that era is gone, but can you fault me for wanting to bring in the best kids and compete for national titles again. I think we can bring those kids in, but we're just not there yet. Need more blue-chip talent.

You make it sound as if we aren't trying!!

Those teams were indeed stacked with blue chip talent, however a lot of it wasn't all that highly ranked coming out of high school. Osborne was a great recruiter in that he could identify talented kids whether or not they were highly regarded by recruiting services and other schools. It's still too early to say whether Bo can, but I think the early results are promising.

(obviously no one should be expecting another run like the mid 90s though. Osborne is possibly the greatest coach of all time and it still look him over 20 years to put it all together and get the right breaks.)

My first recollections of Nebraska football were during a game when our kicker missed a field goal and we lost 18-16. Three of the next four years we won the national title. That's my Nebraska football: bringing in the best kids and competing for national championships. Those teams were STACKED with BLUE-CHIP talent at damn-near every position. I realize that era is gone, but can you fault me for wanting to bring in the best kids and compete for national titles again. I think we can bring those kids in, but we're just not there yet. Need more blue-chip talent.

You make it sound as if we aren't trying!!

Not the way I meant it at all. I'm just saying this could be one reason why many aren't satisified. We are Nebraska. We have very high standards for our program. I don't expect the mid-90s, but I'm a fan. I want the mid-90s. I can't help it

How and the heck did Andrew luck from Houston Texas get overlooked by everyone, his only major offers were from OKst and Sanford.

Don't know about this one. I remember reading about him when he was camping at the Elite 11 QB camp along with I believe Blaine Gabbert and some other guys.

How and the heck did Andrew luck from Houston Texas get overlooked by everyone, his only major offers were from OKst and Sanford.

Don't know about this one. I remember reading about him when he was camping at the Elite 11 QB camp along with I believe Blaine Gabbert and some other guys.

He wasn't overlooked, he was the #4 QB and a 4* guy. #68 in Rivals 100. He was just a Stanford guy from the beginning, he was one of those that had education #1. He's a prime example of the recruiting services going beyond just looking at offers and getting it right. Look at the rest of the guys around him at 4*. Dayne Crist, Gabbert, Jacory Harris, Landry Jones, Jordan Jefferson, Tyler Wilson. Crist got lost in the coaching changes/transfers. But the rest of that list had some pretty great careers. Kyle Parker started out with an great career before being drafted by the Rockies. Only maybe 1 miss in that list...and Star Jackson just got caught up in all the talent at Alabama.