Did we get an 11th commit?

A couple more that we are sitting really good with are deciding in early July. We could be at 13-14 by the time fall camp rolls around. Morrow, and Hannon will probably be the next 2 commits in July, with an outside chance of Stanton or Hobbs committing shortly. We are difinitely on a roll. Kids are committing earlier and earlier and the coaches have realized that the summer is becoming almost more important then the fall officials. Its an exciting time, if we have a good year and atleast make it to the CCG, its only going to get better.

Not that early commits aren't a good thing...but these aren't LOI...and it is just more time for decommits. I hope not...and I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer..but last I checked NU goes down that road way too often. Too bad there wasn't an early signing period like basketball. Otherwise...it's really just a young kid with a license to change his mind at any given time when someone flashes a shinier bit of heaven their way.

Not that early commits aren't a good thing...but these aren't LOI...and it is just more time for decommits. I hope not...and I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer..but last I checked NU goes down that road way too often. Too bad there wasn't an early signing period like basketball. Otherwise...it's really just a young kid with a license to change his mind at any given time when someone flashes a shinier bit of heaven their way.

For every 1 that decommits there are 15-20 that remain committed. I'm more worried about the quality of guys we are getting. I know this will be a large class - but it's quickly shaping up to be 20+ 3* or lower type guys, with a handful of 4* guys thrown in there. I see a 2008ish type class forming quickly.

• Fire 1

Considering we already have at least a handful of four star guys, depending which service you listen to, I think it's a safe assumption that we'll end up with more than a handful. That's some fine unsupported pessimism though.

As to the early signing period, it would favor teams from talent rich areas, not NU. Sure, we lose out on a couple per year, but that's just how it works when you live on pulling talented kids from across the country.

Considering we already have at least a handful of four star guys, depending which service you listen to, I think it's a safe assumption that we'll end up with more than a handful. That's some fine unsupported pessimism though.

Per Rivals we have 3, with Dixon likely out the door before signing day. So I'm going with 2. Even last year we had 3 by end of June and look how that turned out. Don't see how it's an unsupported opinion. Our jump in overall numbers which gives so many Husker fans this boost of optimism is simply the fact that we have more scholly's available this year to give to guys we wouldn't normally offer. Sometimes guys with no other D1 offers. (2008 anyone?). Does it really surprise anyone? This was 100% expected, as is a top 20 class for the sheer fact that we'll have a HUGE class. Just not a bunch of highly ranked guys - like we need to win championships...like the 2011 class. I personally was hoping for the 2011 class, plus another 7-8 filler guys. Don't see that happening at this point. That year we had 5 4* guys before end of June. That's the pace I was hoping we'd be close to.

There are 17 5* guys currently, and all but 6 are locked up. 301 4* guys, and 184 of them are already locked up. It's not really an unsupported opinion, generally speaking you've got those highly ranked players locked up by middle of the summer. Hence the reason why all but about 35-38% of them are already wearing a schools colors.

(some could jump up from 3*, but at this point I'm just going off the current rankings)

By one service or another, the following are considered four stars:

Lacouture

Mcwilson

Love

Natter

Banderas

Dixon

More importantly, all were offered by other top level programs. So, if you want to complain about rankings, that's fine, but we already seem to be filling up the class with high quality recruits, so I see no reason why that won't continue.

Also, other than the snapper, I don't see any other questionable recruits or reaches in this class. Obviously that's more likely to occur at the end of a recruiting cycle, and we'll no doubt have a few that don't blow the recruiting "experts" away, but I see no reason to think it's going to be a major problem at this point.

As to 2008, that was with a coaching staf that came in cold and did a pretty good job of catching up. Not the same situation this year, so I don't expect the same results.

Per Rivals we have 3, with Dixon likely out the door before signing day. So I'm going with 2. Even last year we had 3 by end of June and look how that turned out. Don't see how it's an unsupported opinion. Our jump in overall numbers which gives so many Husker fans this boost of optimism is simply the fact that we have more scholly's available this year to give to guys we wouldn't normally offer. Sometimes guys with no other D1 offers. (2008 anyone?). Does it really surprise anyone? This was 100% expected, as is a top 20 class for the sheer fact that we'll have a HUGE class. Just not a bunch of highly ranked guys - like we need to win championships...like the 2011 class. I personally was hoping for the 2011 class, plus another 7-8 filler guys. Don't see that happening at this point. That year we had 5 4* guys before end of June. That's the pace I was hoping we'd be close to.

There are 17 5* guys currently, and all but 6 are locked up. 301 4* guys, and 184 of them are already locked up. It's not really an unsupported opinion, generally speaking you've got those highly ranked players locked up by middle of the summer. Hence the reason why all but about 35-38% of them are already wearing a schools colors.

(some could jump up from 3*, but at this point I'm just going off the current rankings)

So when some "expert" on rivals decideds to bump a few of our players up to 4* will our coaches all the sudden be better recruiters? Will we all the sudden have a better class?

As Dylan has pointed out most of our guys are rated a 4* by atleast one company. I think you are dead wrong at this point in the class.

So when some "expert" on rivals decideds to bump a few of our players up to 4* will our coaches all the sudden be better recruiters? Will we all the sudden have a better class?

As Dylan has pointed out most of our guys are rated a 4* by atleast one company. I think you are dead wrong at this point in the class.

since I can't see what the coaches see, that's all I have to go off of. I'm 100% confident they know far more about these recruits than you or I - so unless you can figure out a better way for me to evaluate them...I'll continue to use Rivals because at least it's objective and the opinions aren't based on a bunch of Husker fans watching 2 minute clips. I'm sure many on this board would rate the entire class 4 and 5 star guys...but we all know that isn't the reality of it. Many will never see the field. The odds are just more in favor of the 4* guys making an impact than the 3* guys. Not really debatable.

Which 4 stars have this indisputably higher chance, the rivals ones, the scout ones or the 247 ones?

+1 I would like to know as well. Typical star gazer. And biased to Rivals, which is understandable, they are typically the best, but everyone including NFL coaches judge talent wrong. Why does ND and FSU consistently have top 5-10 classes but finish with the same or worse records then we do? I could sit here and name names all day of guys that got cut by other teams in the NFL and they go on to have great careers with another teeam...ie Woodhead. Its all what the coaches see in the player, and the coaches ability to bring that talent out of the player. We certainly know that Bo is a great judge of talent, that you can not dispute. So ya i typically would favor Bos opinion over any expert on rivals. Can he be wrong, absolutely, everyone can be wrong. Bo just has to be wrong less often because of the lack of talent in the area.

What Chris is saying is that we aren't stacking up with the four and five star talent that MOST of the top programs are getting consistently. Does that mean our coaches can't recruit? No. Does it mean we can't compete? No. He's talking about odds. The programs that bring in better talent have a better chance of being good. He, and I, would like to see more four/five star guys. I think damn near everyone on the board would too.

Also, with more recruiting sites that want more fans to pay for their info, they are going to have more guys rated higher, so everyone can pump sunshine and be happy with the services. We went from rivals and scout as being the two services, to now having four.