Nebraska Preview 2012: Michigan Perspective

I found it funny.. he rips on us and still gives us a 9-3 chance.

Interesting take.. I enjoy seeing what people on the outside think.

And he also mentions that Michigan may not be able to handle the Huskers in Lincoln. He states it'll be a close win or Michigan will lose. I actually like our chances in Lincoln. The game I am worried most about is the away game at Ohio St.

I found it funny.. he rips on us and still gives us a 9-3 chance.

Interesting take.. I enjoy seeing what people on the outside think.

And he also mentions that Michigan may not be able to handle the Huskers in Lincoln. He states it'll be a close win or Michigan will lose. I actually like our chances in Lincoln. The game I am worried most about is the away game at Ohio St.

I link the board some tips on car camoflauge and discount flak jackets.

It seems like Sam McKewon is the only one to bring it up recently - 2011 was our first year in the Big Ten Conference. Bo Pelini spent 3 years working to make Nebraska the best team in the Big 12 Conference, and he was a pair of field goals from consecutive conference championships. He had geared the program towards one thing, and had to completely retool that plan last year after the conference change.

We're going to see a team that is better prepared to compete in the Big Ten this year. Remember those blowout losses Bo had in his first year in the Big 12 in 2008? Missouri 52, Nebraska 17. Oklahoma 62, Nebraska 28.

2009? Nebraska 27, Missouri 12. Nebraska 10, Oklahoma 3.

Our coaches are not overmatched. They just need a little time to adjust.

OU was missing most of their play makers in that game. It was a nice win, but if OU was at full strength, then that would have likely been another double digit loss.

It seems like Sam McKewon is the only one to bring it up recently - 2011 was our first year in the Big Ten Conference. Bo Pelini spent 3 years working to make Nebraska the best team in the Big 12 Conference, and he was a pair of field goals from consecutive conference championships. He had geared the program towards one thing, and had to completely retool that plan last year after the conference change.

We're going to see a team that is better prepared to compete in the Big Ten this year. Remember those blowout losses Bo had in his first year in the Big 12 in 2008? Missouri 52, Nebraska 17. Oklahoma 62, Nebraska 28.

OU was missing most of their play makers in that game. It was a nice win, but if OU was at full strength, then that would have likely been another double digit loss.

Not really... They were missing guys that they didn't have for the entire season, like Sam Bradford, and I think their tight end. But Landry Jones was healthy, Ryan Broyles was healthy, DeMarco Murray wasn't 100%, but he played. Meanwhile, for Nebraska, it was true freshman Cody Green who started only his second game because of our own health issues, and Rex Burkhead was also out with a broken foot at the time. Neither team was at full strength, and Nebraska won that game fair and square.

And there's ^^^^ another Husker fan who counts a close win as not only a loss, but a double digit loss to boot.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

tumblr_lx8s6uPTjU1qmmwnp.gif

Because just one emoticon facepalm just isn't enough.

And for the record, OU was missing one player their TE, if I remember correctly. One hardly constitutes most.

• Fire 2

:facepalm:

I am on the fence about Michigan State, I think they were exhausted, with the schedule they had just finished and then walked into a hornets nest.

I know we won the game, but I wonder if it would not have been a much better game for Michigan State if it wasn't at the end of 5 real tough ones. Hard to get back every weeke for a group of teams like that. We played and coached a great game no question, but I still have uneasy feelings over that game.

Most people I talk to feel we have a young and growing coaching staff, not ready for prime time so to speak, the ability is there, but the experience is not. If we get through this year with a 9 win season I will be very impressed with the staff and will feel we have turned the corner.

I chalk up the Michigan St. win as to NEB having their number...hehehe. Have they even beat the Huskers, ever!? If I'm not mistaken, I don't think they have.

I chalk it up to pure exhaustion.

@ND

@OSU

v. UM

v. UW

and then @ Nebraska? Yea they were bound to lose one of those.

They had a rough road to hoe, it might have been different the first or second game, or could have ended just like it did, who knows, we won the game and no one will ever care about the ifs or ands.

I know we used to laugh about the Big 10 when they said they just beat each other up, competition to close. I think it is a lot tougher than most of us thought it was going to be.

@ND

@OSU

v. UM

v. UW

3 out of 4 ain't bad

need one of these for ND :hookerhorns

Well that's the other team that beat MSU...give them credit.

NO its ND!!!!! for God's sake

@ND

@OSU

v. UM

v. UW

3 out of 4 ain't bad

need one of these for ND :hookerhorns

Well that's the other team that beat MSU...give them credit.

NO its ND!!!!! for God's sake

Just think about it, someday, very soon...they'll be a fellow Big Ten member. I cannot wait.

They had a rough road to hoe, it might have been different the first or second game, or could have ended just like it did, who knows, we won the game and no one will ever care about the ifs or ands.

I know we used to laugh about the Big 10 when they said they just beat each other up, competition to close. I think it is a lot tougher than most of us thought it was going to be.

Ouch!!

I admit to being massively guilty of that for many, many years. So of course, we then join the Big10...........whoops! :ohnoes