Barfknecht: Does Penn State belong in Big Ten?

NUance

Douche

"Hypocrite, cast first the beam out of thy own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to take out the mote from thy brother's eye."

The football program for the school in your moniker is actively connected with the deaths of students and you are yammering on about other programs 'falls from grace'? Get your own house in order first next time.

There's no active connection, whatever that means, just a troll distorting the deaths of two teenagers to satisfy his own hatred. Don't call yourself a man.

Douche

"Hypocrite, cast first the beam out of thy own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to take out the mote from thy brother's eye."

The football program for the school in your moniker is actively connected with the deaths of students and you are yammering on about other programs 'falls from grace'? Get your own house in order first next time.

There's no active connection, whatever that means, just a troll distorting the deaths of two teenagers to satisfy his own hatred. Don't call yourself a man.

Barfknecht: Does Penn State belong in Big Ten?

IN MY OPINION, By Lee Barfknecht, WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

The criminal work is done in the Jerry Sandusky child sexual-abuse scandal at Penn State. Guilty on 45 of 48 counts, with sentencing to follow that should put the 68-year-old away for life.

Civil lawsuits will follow. The school knows it could be on the hook for payouts that rival a small country’s national debt.

And now that a CNN investigation has revealed emails detailing evidence of a cover-up at the highest levels — implicating coaching idol Joe Paterno and PSU President Graham Spanier — the cry is out for the NCAA to examine the Nittany Lions for penalties.

Right idea. Wrong group.

This isn’t a central matter for the NCAA. Discussions about whether Penn State football should get the death penalty aren’t truly relevant. PSU athletics gained no competitive advantage through this, and the general athletic population was unaware of the problems.

The institution that needs to consider real action against Penn State is the Big Ten Conference.

<snip>

Is that how the Big Ten does business? And is that the kind of operation the Big Ten wants to associate itself with?

LINK

Wow, Lee. Just wow. Not pulling the punches on this one are you? :lol:

It's kind of shocking that Lee raises the question. I think I'll have to mull it over a bit--since kicking Penn State out of the conf just isn't something that crossed my mind before. My kneejerk reaction is to say, yes. The B1G shouldn't kick Penn State out over this. One the other hand, perhaps some sort of penalty is in order. After all, Penn State's actions have dragged the B1G 10's good name though the mud. And will continue to do so for years to come.

No. If you cant justify any NCAA sanctions, you cant justify kicking them out of the B1G or any other penalty. As others keep saying, why punish the students for what a few did, the culture that allowed for this doesn't seem to matter, or that it seems to still bubble just below the surface out there. Let them be.

Edit: Kicking them out of B1G is just silly, even though I support a punishment by the NCAA.

There's no active connection,

Declan Sullivan was passively sent up on a scissors lift in 50 mph gusts in violation of OSHA rules?

...whatever that means,..

Would you prefer the term 'collectively responsible'? That was the term used by the University to avoid digging deeper into why the AD didn't seem to know who is responsible for anything & Brian Kelly can stand and flat out lie about weather conditions.

...just a troll distorting the deaths of two teenagers...

Your entry into this thread was nothing but trolling.

Again if you want to start pointing fingers clean up your own damn house first until then spare me your faux indignation.

...to satisfy his own hatred...

LOL Don't flatter yourself. There are far larger issues in the world worthy of such a strong emotion than podunk undergrad colleges in northern Indiana.

Now, do I hate hypocrisy? You are damn right I do.

The problem we have here is that ND (and it's fans) too often fall into the latter category.

Don't call yourself a man.

I've never overly worried about defining myself. Nor am I overly worried about how some internet pissant feels I should be defined.

Now go back to sitting in the corner repeating "we're special" over and over to yourself, a nice lady will be around soon with your cookies and milk.

• Fire 1

You didn't see me exploiting the deaths of teenagers to grind a college football axe, and you won't. God help me if I ever responded to an attack on Notre Dame with "Rape victim #8 says hi" because no one else would.

But I'll do one moment of narcissism right now. I've never bothered to block anyone in 8 years of the usual message board shouting matches. I just treat the trolls as bugs on the windshield. Thankfully Huskerboard is the cleanest and most interesting sports fan boards I have ever read, that's why I post here despite no connection to NU. And I hope to continue to read, with Mr Muck as the charter member of my ignore list.

You didn't see me exploiting the deaths of teenagers to grind a college football axe, and you won't. God help me if I ever responded to an attack on Notre Dame with "Rape victim #8 says hi" because no one else would.

But I'll do one moment of narcissism right now. I've never bothered to block anyone in 8 years of the usual message board shouting matches. I just treat the trolls as bugs on the windshield. Thankfully Huskerboard is the cleanest and most interesting sports fan boards I have ever read, that's why I post here despite no connection to NU. And I hope to continue to read, with Mr Muck as the charter member of my ignore list.

:snacks:

(We all know Joe will read this before he iggies me)

Ironic that you assume that I am the one grinding a football ax. Directly pointing out your hypocrisy has no connection with my feelings for ND football (or lack thereof).

But of course you would never exploit the crimes that happened in Happy Valley to push an anti-conference agenda would you?

I think we know the answer but will ask anyway.

LOL

Not surprising at all as that is official policy on Irish Eyes (and other ND boards).

Can't corrupt the echo chamber with anyone who isn't a ND apologist.

So have we answered whether ND belongs in the Big Ten?

• 2 weeks later...

Another point to the ridiculous idea of kicking PSU out.

We currently have 3 decent HS football states in the Big Ten. Ohio,PA and Illinois. Not a good idea to get rid of a good football state. I wanna ADD good football like Virginia/DC area football, not remove it.

OSU and PSU are embarrasment to what this conference stands for. Both on bowl bans. Talk about adding a bad rep to the B1G Family.

We currently have 3 decent HS football states in the Big Ten. Ohio,PA and Illinois. Not a good idea to get rid of a good football state. I wanna ADD good football like Virginia/DC area football, not remove it.

OSU and PSU are embarrasment to what this conference stands for. Both on bowl bans. Talk about adding a bad rep to the B1G Family.

LOL

This coming from a fan of a school that pushes the majority of the players to be "general studies" majors?

Even your alumni don't respect your football(ie Harbaugh)

And tattoos are petty compared to the six figure payments that one Chris Webber liked to receive. Or did you conveniently forget that you dope?

LOL

This coming from a fan of a school that pushes the majority of the players to be "general studies" majors?

And tattoos are petty compared to the six figure payments that one Chris Webber liked to receive. Or did you conveniently forget that you dope?

LOL

FF0000-thumb-275x274-design-515.png