8 B1G schools ranked in the top 100 worldwide

BOJ

I don't really think any rankings of universities are worth the paper they are written on, just found it interesting. But, if you are curious, they do have the methodology used in their calculations on the website. Can't be any worse than the U.S. News & World Report rankings.

Of course its easy to dispute just about any ranking system of universities as almost every single one has a bias of some kind.

meh, I was just bagging on the article b/c UNL--one of my alma maters--isn't ranked. Of course I realize that the B1G schools listed are actually better schools than UNL, for quite a few majors anyway. Nonetheless, my Nebraska degree has served me just fine.

meh, I was just bagging on the article b/c UNL--one of my alma maters--isn't ranked. Of course I realize that the B1G schools listed are actually better schools than UNL, for quite a few majors anyway. Nonetheless, my Nebraska degree has served me just fine.

This is one of the reasons I don't think rankings of educational institutions actually does any good (except sell the publications they are listed in).

This is one of the reasons I don't think rankings of educational institutions actually does any good (except sell the publications they are listed in).

And to be used for publicity by the highly ranked universities

The Saudi Arabia-based Center for World University Rankings? Well there's no disputing a credible source like that.

Especially after that royal screwjob they pulled in the Fawz Bowl

Fawz Bowl? What the heck? lol The Wiki says that William Peter Blatty wrote the book it was based on. William Peter Blatty of Exorcist fame.

Report finds alumni giving among other areas correlated with football success

A win on the football field gives both fans and administrators a reason to celebrate, according to a new report that found football success increases a college’s alumni donations -- especially to athletics programs -- along with its academic reputation and the quality and quantity of applicants.

The working paper -- "The Benefits of College Athletic Success: An Application of the Propensity Score Design with Instrumental Variables" -- was published by the National Bureau for Economic Research, which has published before about the relationship between academic success and alumni giving

.../cont/...

The Saudi Arabia-based Center for World University Rankings? Well there's no disputing a credible source like that.

Fawz Bowl? What the heck? lol The Wiki says that William Peter Blatty wrote the book it was based on. William Peter Blatty of Exorcist fame.

And John Williams did the music, a lot of talent came out of that rather silly movie. Although I suspect he wouldn't touch it as there would be death threats if it was made today.

As for the OP, the Big10 universities are respected for academics world wide for good undergrads and great research facilities. The only place where people don't seem to respect the midwest is New England because every town has an elite ivy covered red brick liberal arts college that boasts William Howard Taft, William Jennings Bryan, William Tell, whoever.

John Goldfarb actor was Colonel Trautman in the Rambo movies, which I've been watching all day. The things you learn on the IMDB.