Countdown to Cally's departure: 14 games

Wow. <_<

That's all I can say.

And BTY, name a NU sports program (other than football) that has declined while he has been here. I know most people forget that there are other sports programs-such as volleyball which we are #1- and we are doing quite well. If i remember correctly we had the most All-Sport Big XII titles last year. So wheter you believe SP is helping to advance the football program it is hard to dismiss that the other sports (even BB is improving) are thriving. Remember he is the ATHLETIC director, not the only-football director.

Baseball and Softball did quite well also. We are always pretty good in gymnastics. I believe basketball will pick up as well. I personally don't care for the guy, but you make a great point.

How many DI coaches are fired each year who are under contract?  If there's enough money to pay the buyout and the boosters want it, it will happen...no matter how much time is left on the contract.  Again, I don't think Cally is leaving in the next couple of years at least...the only exception would be if he loses the last two this year and misses a bowl again next year.  I don't think that will happen, but I didn't think we would need to beat KSU to go to a bowl either.

How many DI coaches are fired each year who are under contract?
Uh.. I dunno. Is this a trick question? Do you know how many?

If there's enough money to pay the buyout and the boosters want it, it will happen...
HA!! There's the rub my friend. He has a six year contract, the university would have to buy out the remaining years of it (and any assistants they fire). I hear they are still paying off Solich.

Part 2: Cally WILL succeed. Given the remaing FOUR years of his contract, he will turn the program around and have the huskers competing for the B12 North title once again!!

GO CALLY!! :worship:worship

:bounce:bounce:bounce

as much as we are paying him, he damn sure should have us winning the BIG 12 North in no more than 2 years.....the whole enchilada (BIG 12 Championship) should be ours in 3-4 years......IF we get our money's worth, anything more than that will be icing on the cake at the end of 6 years.......

hunter

huskerNtexas...i appreciate your enthusiasm, i want him gone as well. however, since we qualified for a bowl game, people are going to think thats progress. this program is still in a world of hurt, and something needs to be done. when you get your butts handed to you by kansas (who i never thought i would say this, BUT WAS BETTER THAN US.) and you get your jock-straps handed to you by a 1 man missouri team, your not making progress. nebraska has not played a complete game, and from what i read about the kansas game, the defense never showed up. i am glad we are going to a bowl game...i am still concerned about going on the road to boulder. to repeat an article i read in the OWH after the KU game...6-5 is not progress, considering we started out 5-1, and you go on a losing streak against some teams that we should have beat. so, i am counting with you, i just believe it might be more than 14 games and counting.

How many DI coaches are fired each year who are under contract?  If there's enough money to pay the buyout and the boosters want it, it will happen...no matter how much time is left on the contract.  Again, I don't think Cally is leaving in the next couple of years at least...the only exception would be if he loses the last two this year and misses a bowl again next year.  I don't think that will happen, but I didn't think we would need to beat KSU to go to a bowl either.

How many DI coaches are fired each year who are under contract?
Uh.. I dunno. Is this a trick question? Do you know how many?

If there's enough money to pay the buyout and the boosters want it, it will happen...
HA!! There's the rub my friend. He has a six year contract, the university would have to buy out the remaining years of it (and any assistants they fire). I hear they are still paying off Solich.

Part 2: Cally WILL succeed. Given the remaing FOUR years of his contract, he will turn the program around and have the huskers competing for the B12 North title once again!!

GO CALLY!! :worship:worship

:bounce:bounce:bounce

Now that is sad. It's going to take him all of his 6 years just to get us competing for the Big 12 North title? There's refreshing news! :sarcasm

The fact of the matter is there isn't one Big 12 North team even ranked in the top 25. Not being able to compete for a Big 12 North title this year is laughable considering how poor the North is this year. When the one team that will probably play in the title game gets blown out in the regular season by their likely opponent, I say why even play the damn thing? I know, I know what about KState a couple of years ago.

The Big 12 North isn't very good this year, it wasn't very good last year, and it more than likely won't be very good next year either. I can't really see any of the teams in the Big 12 North being much better next year than they are this year. CU loses a veteran QB, and I think they'll be worse next year. KU loses a lot of their defense, so they'll likely be worse considering they're winning games with their D. Mizzou loses BS, and I think they're worse. ISU is probably about the same, maybe better maybe worse. KState should be better due to their youth this year, but man they played very undisciplined so maybe worse. It really sucks that we're not in it this year, but it will suck even worse if we aren't next year. 6 years to compete in the conference that doesn't even have a ranked team is unacceptable IMO.

I can't really see any of the teams in the Big 12 North being much better next year than they are this year.

Probably right, for the most part, there may not be much improvement. JMO:

CU loses a veteran QB, and I think they'll be worse next year.
They have lost QB's before and have won/shared the north four of the last five years. They'll probably dominate the north next year too.

ISU is probably about the same, maybe better maybe worse.
I'm thinkin' the clones get better next year. Meyer is only a soph! He's going to get scary good the next couple of years. Receivers are maturing too. Definitely will give CU a run.

Mizzou loses BS, and I think they're worse.
Big loss there. But maybe they gain more consistency with the back up. BS is either on or off.

KU loses a lot of their defense, so they'll likely be worse considering they're winning games with their D.
With Mangino, their defense will remain good. If they find an offense, look out!

KState should be better due to their youth this year, but man they played very undisciplined so maybe worse.
They'll get better. They can't get much worse. The bad news is they still nearly beat NU in Lincoln with their worst team in recent memory.

NU should do a little better next season. More improvement. I'm guessing 7-5 and another bowl.

:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

Unless this team takes a step forward next year (and a big step forward), I think 7-5 will be a stretch. Fortunately, we've had about the easiest schedule I can remember for NU this year, but it won't be that way next year.

On a positive note, CU and KSU look like they may be heading for harder times, but ISU might have found the right formula for success and could be vying for the title for quite a while.

Tough schedule next year, Im a BC supporter, I admit, don't forget these players have not had a secured coaching staff for a while. I think the highly the recruited players will be a benefit next year and it looks like this yeares class is going good to, something we havn't seen for a whille from Solich! Please give BC a chance. Remember there once was a time in the late 70's that everyone wnat T.O out and he just about took the CU posisition!!!!!!!!

Tough schedule next year, Im a BC supporter, I admit, don't forget these players have not had a secured coaching staff for a while. I think the highly the recruited players will be a benefit next year and it looks like this yeares class is going good to, something we havn't seen for a whille from Solich! Please give BC a chance. Remember there once was a time in the late 70's that everyone wnat T.O out and he just about took the CU posisition!!!!!!!!

Tough schedule? What teams on next year's schedule make you shake in your shoes other than USC and Texas? This year it was TT and OU. Next year it's those two. I really can't see any teams on next year's schedule other than the two mentioned that we shouldn't win. Unfortunately, we won't win all of them. However, they're all winnable except Texas and USC.

Too bad we can't just play all patsies. I'm sure we will for nonconference, but I can't think OSU will be much better than the patsies Pud will have lined up. KU will be comparable. There really are no teams we play in Big 12 competition that should beat us other than Texas. But, I almost guarantee we'll get beat by some of them. I would bet ISU would beat us, and guys I guarantee they don't have better talent. They have better homegrown Nebraska talent, but nobody thinks Nebraska has players worth playing D1 ball appratently!

Tough schedule next year, Im a BC supporter, I admit, don't forget these players have not had a secured coaching staff for a while.  I think the highly the recruited players will be a benefit next year and it looks like this yeares class is going good to, something we havn't seen for a whille from Solich!  Please give BC a chance.  Remember there once was a time in the late 70's that everyone wnat T.O out and he just about took the CU posisition!!!!!!!!

Tough schedule? What teams on next year's schedule make you shake in your shoes other than USC and Texas? This year it was TT and OU. Next year it's those two. I really can't see any teams on next year's schedule other than the two mentioned that we shouldn't win. Unfortunately, we won't win all of them. However, they're all winnable except Texas and USC.

Too bad we can't just play all patsies. I'm sure we will for nonconference, but I can't think OSU will be much better than the patsies Pud will have lined up. KU will be comparable. There really are no teams we play in Big 12 competition that should beat us other than Texas. But, I almost guarantee we'll get beat by some of them. I would bet ISU would beat us, and guys I guarantee they don't have better talent. They have better homegrown Nebraska talent, but nobody thinks Nebraska has players worth playing D1 ball appratently!

This year's schedule was not only weak, but most of the difficult teams on the schedule were at home. Beyond that, ISU and others had key injuries that hurt them when they played us.

Next year's schedule doesn't work that way:

1. TBA - a patsie to boost the record (WIN)

2. USC - draw your own conclusions (LOSS)

3. TBA - likely another patsie. Pederson and Callahan have to do well next year, so I don't expect them to make this one difficult. (WIN)

4. Kansas - at NU, they lose a good bit of their defense, but I expect this will remain a tough game for us. Playing at home gives us a chance to win though (50/50)

5. Iowa State - at Iowa State. If they are healthy this year we would have lost in Lincoln. I don't think we win on the road against them (LOSS)

6. Kansas State - at K.State. we barely beat them at home. they have a young QB who will have more experience, but are also going through a coaching change. Makes it tough that it is on the road (50/50)

7. Texas - ouch

8. OK State - on the road - poor team this year, no clear vision on how good they will be next year, though. (WIN)

9. Missouri - at home, beat us badly this year, they lose their QB Smith, but FR Chase Daniel has gotten a lot of snaps and looks like he can play. 4 of the top receivers are back. We probably win, but this isn't an easy game. (WIN)

10. Texas A&M - on the road, another senior QB who is leaving, but a FR has gotten snaps and looked good also. two of top 3 receivers are gone, top RB returns. (LOSS - although I assume we split Missouri and A&M)

11. Colorado at home. They lose their QB, we should have a good shot at this game, but it isn't a guaranteed win (WIN)

11. Colorado - probably a win, they lose their QB

I see 5 games that look very winnable on paper, 4 games that look like losses, and 2 that are tossups. If we play like we did this year, we could easily go 5-6 - and that is IF we don't schedule anybody tough on our open dates. We were lucky with our schedule this year, but if we don't improve things will get tougher next year.

The only problem with your predictions is that the Huskers will play better next year. :thumbs

So much for your infinate "HuskerWisdom." :blink:

I certainly hope they play better. I think most of this year's "improvement" has been an illusion caused by our schedule and the fact that we had winnable games at home.

If you want to believe that we'll be 9-2 next year, or something like that, feel free to believe it, but don't expect a rational analysis of abilities to support that faith.