Mitt Romney invited to address NAACP and then was booed and jeered

SD,

It was to simply get into the convention, not join the NAACP. They feel that is acceptable, but to protect the most precious right of an American citizen (AG Holder's words not mine), it is wrong to try and mitigate voter fraud, illegal aliens voting or previously convicted felons who have not had their citizenship restored. That is the hypocrisy.

to be fair, romney was trying to pad the audience with hand-picked stooges. still, voting is an important right and no one who has the right to vote should be disenfranchised. also, felons are citizens and i think they should have the right to vote, but that is for a different matter. i do not see a hypocrisy by allowing that the government should have a different standard for voting than they should for their private group. they are two separate issues.

Obama currently holds a 96% acceptance rating by African Americans. You can't even find that high of a percentage on HB on who the best NU QB of all time was. You do not think this is motivated by race? To make a decision on a person, positive or negative, based solely on race is racism.

how is this bad though. (i wonder what jfk's approval rating was among catholics) politics are personal and people trust those they can identify. obama is the first black president, this is incredibly historic and important. what would you expect. obama (like jfk) has a lot of pressure not to allow anyone criticize him for the stereotypes they believed were reasons not to vote for him.

what about the opulent minority loving bush or romney? what is that called, elitism? at least african americans interests overlap other groups, unlike the opulent minority.

The charge earlier was that MR was trying to dissuade people against BO. I was pointing out a fact that African Americans have suffered the worst unemployment in 27 yrs, yet still support the man (96%). Obama likes to blame Bush for everything, but sure as hell won't comment that African American unemployment was lower under Bush.

whatever good economic times we were enjoying during 2001-2009 was enjoyed on borrowed time as the busted bubble of the entire economy demonstrates. the worst economic collapse since the great depression takes time to recover from.

I agree that folks need to look at the totality of the candidate and not one simple facet, but as the Dems said in 2008 "it's the economy" and are you better off now that you were four years ago.

personally, yes. also, with obamacare i have more confidence in being self-employed as there is now easier access to healthcare. finally, really only the most wealthy or lower classes lives are the most affected with administration changes.

Economically we are screwed. The top 10% wage earners in this country pay 70% of the taxes. The lowest 20% pay 1.38%. How much more can the upper 10% pay? What would be more of their fair share. This doesn't even factor into the fact that 49.7 of Americans do not even pay taxes. The Muslim Brotherhood is now in Egypt and Libya. Go goole their beliefs in Sharia law and a Caliph state. 70% of Obamacare to be funded by those makingless than 120k per yaer. This year alone the average person will work 7 months to pay for the 2012 budget. Not to mention a Federal budget has not been passed since 2008. That is even after the Dems controlling the house, senate and Pres for 2 years. Yea, it is a lot more than one area....................

the top 10% should pay the most taxes. and the lowest 20% can't not afford taxes. taxes, as should fines and penalties, should be based on spending power. if me and bill gates both paid 20% in taxes, i would have a drastically lower standard of living, as bill gates would not even notice.

finally, here are some points i want to make, but will just provide the source.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/07/11/514384/taxes-30-year-low-obama/ (under obama, taxes hit a 30-year low).

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/income-inequality-in-america-chart-graph (this is the most important issue right now, and it has everything to do with the tax structure over burdening the middle-class while the wealthy get huge breaks. the bush-tax cuts was the greatest redistribution of wealth this country has ever seen; and it was from the middle-class to the wealthy).

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2010/0321/Health-care-reform-bill-101-Who-will-pay-for-reform (how we are going to pay for healthcare. also, the bigger the pool, the cheaper the coverage; ergo, a mandate. well worth it).

http://spfaust.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/govt-debt-not-a-big-deal-cbo-if-politicians-do-nothing-the-debt-problem-goes-away/ (about the federal gov't).

http://prospect.org/article/does-congress-even-need-pass-budget (again, the federal budget. an exert, " The last time that we had a full-on, real-life federal budget that was signed into law, it was 1997.").

i don't know what the bold part means or where you heard that.

i know i will not change your mind and you will not change mine, but that was my piece.

finally, what the hell does the muslim brotherhood in egypt and libya have anything to do with anything?

Is there anyone in this thread who thinks (or who has said) that racism is justified?

Show of hands?

like someone said (maybe you) it is not that black and white (lulz!!!). it is just like profiling. racial profiling is bad, but i know i've gotten jobs because i was profiled. i was profiled by wearing dress clothes to an interview for a temp. job to build circuit boards. it is human nature.

i guess you could say anything motivated by race is 'racism', but that is a pretty narrow, simple definition. if i was african-american alive during the first time america had a black president? damn right i'm going to support him/her. given this country's history (there are people still alive who suffered jim crow laws) it is a monumental accomplishment. plus, they booed when he criticized obamacare (obama's crowning achievement), which has been a huge boon to underprivileged communities (a big group the NAACP defends).

SD,

We will have to agree to disagree. I do not mind a civil exchange of ideas and open dialogue. Politicians, ON BOTH SIDES, need to realize this. This is AMERICA. They are hired by us to do a job and currently both sides pretty much suck.

I put the Muslim Brotherhood info in to support that, at least for me, economy is a huge issue, but so is the idea of radical Islamists coming to power in the Middle East.

To agree with all of the above, racism, to any degree is wrong. It goes both ways and no race or ethnicity is immune from being or being the recipient of same.

SD,

Here is the link ref how long each person has to work to pay off "their share" of the national debt.

http://cnsnews.com/n...-cost-govt-2012

If you would like me to place links for my other ref info, just let me know. Not that it would change your mind either.

Can't wait for football.

i love talking politics, but i also hate it. it helps to remember that reasonable minds can differ. i was not trying to be obnoxious about asking about where you got that info you provided in the think, i was genuinely curious because it did not make sense to me.

football can never get here soon enough.

• Fire 1

SD,

Here is the link ref how long each person has to work to pay off "their share" of the national debt.

If you would like me to place links for my other ref info, just let me know. Not that it would change your mind either.

Can't wait for football.

i love talking politics, but i also hate it. it helps to remember that reasonable minds can differ. i was not trying to be obnoxious about asking about where you got that info you provided in the think, i was genuinely curious because it did not make sense to me.

+1 The conversation is a lot more productive when we can all interact like this.

It seems like more heated conversation produces less rational thought. (This coming from someone who is just as guilty of escalating arguments as anyone on Husker Board.)

SD,

Can't wait for football.

+1 The conversation is a lot more productive when we can all interact like this.

It seems like more heated conversation produces less rational thought. (This coming from someone who is just as guilty of escalating arguments as anyone on Husker Board.)

it is hard not to get snarky, but when i review my posts down they line, they usually hardly make sense and come nowhere near what i intended to convey. it is odd though, a lot of these conversations pale in comparison to the heated, impassioned arguments over the temp. of bo's seat or t-mart's ability as a qb.

The president is half black half white and his black heritage, his dad, almost never living under US racist oppression (yeah...), and who was so NOT-successful whether you use money, morals, power, or results; how does that half black heritage give one extra credit? So I do find it ironic that the half black President gets cred for being black when he's only half and when that particular half has shown himself to be nothing to exalt. I also still wait for his transcript from Harvard (did they find it honestly I don't know but my strong guess is no and that they never will, even though they are the smartest people on the planet).

The president is half black half white and his black heritage, his dad, almost never living under US racist oppression (yeah...), and who was so NOT-successful whether you use money, morals, power, or results; how does that half black heritage give one extra credit? So I do find it ironic that the half black President gets cred for being black when he's only half and when that particular half has shown himself to be nothing to exalt. I also still wait for his transcript from Harvard (did they find it honestly I don't know but my strong guess is no and that they never will, even though they are the smartest people on the planet).

What?

This is a big rambling mess of.....I don't know what, but it isn't the first time I've heard mention on the Harvard transcript. What's that all about?