Omaha dining recommendations

We're going to be spending the next few days in Omaha. Does anyone have a restaurant to recommend? Preferebly someplace a little unusual or fun, not your run of the mill chain type place. I've got a few steak places identified; Gorats, Brother Sebastians and some Italian; Grisantis and Anthonys. Thinking about trying the Bohemian Cafe or maybe Jazz. Whatcha got HBers?

Espana in Benson is excellent. (Tapas)

Lot 2 in Benson is probably one of the hottest new restaurants in town and it shares a wall with my favorite bar, Krug Park.

Pitch in Dundee has above average coal fired pizza. Classy too.

Laos Thai on 24th street across from Omaha South has the best Thai food in Omaha. A little old lady runs the kitchen.

Crescent Moon has good bar food and about a hundred craft beers on tap.

The best burgers in town are probably at Stellas or Dinkers. Both are very cheap and excellent.

Hiro 88 has half priced sushi on Sunday evenings and I prefer it to Blue, Sakura Bana, etc.

If you're feeling adventurous pick a random taco truck on 24th st. I've never had a bad meal from any of them.

Oscars has grilled wings that rival the Watering Hole.

(We eat out too much.)

Best Steak- 801 Chophouse

Best Burger- Stellas in Bellevue

Best Restaurants- Boiler Room, J Coco, Lot 2

Best Sushi- Hiro 88

Most fun Sushi place- Blue

Best Drunk food- Block 16

Good list. J. Coco's service needs to improve and I thought 801 was excellent but not a particularly good value. Other than that we are mostly in agreement.

I'd add various taco trucks and the Omaha De'Leons to the list of best drunk food.

Best Steak- 801 Chophouse

Best Burger- Stellas in Bellevue

Best Restaurants- Boiler Room, J Coco, Lot 2

Best Sushi- Hiro 88

Most fun Sushi place- Blue

Best Drunk food- Block 16

Good list. J. Coco's service needs to improve and I thought 801 was excellent but not a particularly good value. Other than that we are mostly in agreement.

I'd add various taco trucks and the Omaha De'Leons to the list of best drunk food.

ALWAYS taco trucks. I would say though instead of De'leons go to Abelardos, its 24 hours and IMO better.

Have any of you guys ever been to Orsi's for pizza? I never have, but I work with a guy who absolutely swears it's the best. Second opinions?

It's good. Very sweet sauce that probably turns some off. Excellent crust.

Probably the coolest part is that it's a little Italian bakery and deli. Good place to buy bulk olive oil, salami, italian cheeses, etc.

Hiro 88 has half priced sushi on Sunday evenings and I prefer it to Blue, Sakura Bana, etc.

Do you know why it's half-price on Sunday? You really should read Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. You won't eat that sushi again.

i just saw that quote somewhere about how food would just be left out all day and then chefs would come and get the cheapest scraps. i can not remember where i saw that, though. did you post it? it might have been from a documentary i recently watched.