Brown, Afalava, Moore... still waiting

Surprised no one has said anything about this yet, but during Big 10 media days Bo said we are waiting on the NCAA to clear Afalava and Moore. We knew about Brown because he is still taking a few classes this summer, but i hadnt heard anywhere that the NCAA hasnt cleared the other two. Bo sounded confident it was just "paperwork" We know all too well what the NCAA has done in the past. I really thought Brown was the only one not on campus. Hope they all can make it.

Literally nothing to see here.

actually...

Moore, an athlete from Winnfield, La., is still waiting on a ruling from the NCAA about his eligibility, according to his head coach Andy Pyles.

Pyles had said early in that summer that everything looked good for Moore to get to Nebraska during the summer, but that hasn't happened as the organization has requested more information from Moore and the Winnfield coaching staff.

“We've been fighting with them for three or four months on stuff,” Pyles said. “They were supposed to rule Friday, but I have not heard anything from them. I talked to Alonzo on Saturday and he hadn't heard anything and I hadn't heard anything, so that's where are.”

Brown just got cleared and they are confident Afalava will clear soon.

Afalava continues to wait because of a procedural problem with the way Bingham High School records grades on its transcripts.

His high school coach Dave Peck told HuskersIllustrated.com this summer that Afalava had completed the course work necessary to get to Lincoln on time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...