Peter and Sharpe on USC

I can't stand Peter on the radio. He's the whiniest sounding dude that could kick my @$$ that I know.

Seriously, when was the last time you've seen Jason? I golfed in the Brendan Stai benefit tourney a couple of weeks ago and Jason walked by me and I asked my golfing partner who was that? He's skinny, I'm guessing about 190 pounds, with long straggly hair. Honestly, the man didn't look healthy.

I can't stand Peter on the radio. He's the whiniest sounding dude that could kick my @$$ that I know.

Seriously, when was the last time you've seen Jason? I golfed in the Brendan Stai benefit tourney a couple of weeks ago and Jason walked by me and I asked my golfing partner who was that? He's skinny, I'm guessing about 190 pounds, with long straggly hair. Honestly, the man didn't look healthy.

If you've read Hero of the Underground, you know why he looks like that today. He's been through it, big-time.

I probably give Jason a lot more slack than some people because I have a number of addicts in the family, and I've seen them get dragged into the clutches of substance abuse. It's a bad thing, and I'm proud of him that he's gotten sober. Takes a lot of guts and a lot of hard work. He may not always stay sober, and that sucks, but here's hoping he does, or if he falls off that he gets right back on. The dude is a life warrior, and I respect what he has to say.

• Fire 2

If you've read Hero of the Underground, you know why he looks like that today. He's been through it, big-time.

I probably give Jason a lot more slack than some people because I have a number of addicts in the family, and I've seen them get dragged into the clutches of substance abuse. It's a bad thing, and I'm proud of him that he's gotten sober. Takes a lot of guts and a lot of hard work. He may not always stay sober, and that sucks, but here's hoping he does, or if he falls off that he gets right back on. The dude is a life warrior, and I respect what he has to say.

I respect what Jason did as a player and I respect what he did in fighting his substance abuse . . . but that doesn't mean that I enjoy him as a radio personality. As I said earlier, he almost always sounds whiny and petulant. His life experiences give him a very interesting perspective . . . but IMO he doesn't deliver on that potential.

• Fire 1

So we both weigh about 190lbs now . . . yeah . . . I'm still giving a huge edge to Jason Peter.

USC wasting no time with the rabble-rousing:

Unsportsmanlike 1620@USC1620

#SettleIt: When did you realize Bo wasn't the right guy to be the head coach at Nebraska? Or do you still think he's the right guy?

Yeah, I heard that yesterday. I was a bit surprised that they went with this so early before the season starts. I don't need a sunshine pumper and I do hope that Bo is the man and the two things that I hope that he "gets" it when it comes to dealing with the media/fans and recruiting.

That being said, it seemed odd to start that discussion.