Citing Professional Sources in Posts

Ive read it before and still think its an absolute joke. Most of us are part of forums much bigger and much small than this one that have no qualms about posting articles. It's annoying to have to have to leave the forums just to read an article.

If you think the rules of this forum are a joke, you're welcome to post elsewhere. :)

I'm aware, thanks. While I'm at it I'll post callahans tweet without citing it too. I know, sounds wild doesn't it? Hope I don't get sued.

I really don't care if you think it's wild or not. The rules are clear here. If you don't like them, don't post here.

• Fire 3

Ive read it before and still think its an absolute joke. Most of us are part of forums much bigger and much small than this one that have no qualms about posting articles. It's annoying to have to have to leave the forums just to read an article.

If you think the rules of this forum are a joke, you're welcome to post elsewhere. :)

I'm aware, thanks. While I'm at it I'll post callahans tweet without citing it too. I know, sounds wild doesn't it? Hope I don't get sued.

I really don't care if you think it's wild or not. The rules are clear here. If you don't like them, don't post here.

THERE ARE RULES

original_image.jpg?1234651990

• Fire 1

I know people find it amusing that the Board rules are enforced to this degree. But the plain and simple truth is... the last thing the Board needs is to get sued, or worse yet, shut down a place we all like to frequent, simply because a few fairly simple rules weren't followed. (And yes... the money it might take for damages in a suit could conceivably shut the doors. I'm in no way 'in the know' here, but the dollars such suits can bring can be very taxing, and for a group that puts a great place out here for us to share our ideas, for free... it's crazy to think that we wouldn't take it upon ourselves to make sure we follow the simple rules.) FWIW, yes, I am an attorney, and yes, I have seen places/businesses have to shut down for less. (Yes, less than not citing sources on a message board.)

How can you type with an iron fist?

How can you type with an iron fist?

I break a lot of keys. :hmmph

EDIT - now, does anyone else have any more questions/comments about the citation rule? I'm going to leave this up for another ten minutes or so, then move this rules tangent to Board Feedback.

Knapp, you having fun deleting messages for no reason today?

They're not deleted, they're moved HERE, where they belong, just as I said I was going to do.

Fair warning, when I see you've read this, I'm moving it there, too.

what does this mean? you see what we look at?

I can see who's reading the threads, just like you guys, by looking at the list on the bottom of the page. If I saw WAHusker in that thread, I'd presume he read the above and move the posts. Since he responded, it made it even easier.

Knapp, you having fun deleting messages for no reason today?

They're not deleted, they're moved HERE, where they belong, just as I said I was going to do.

Fair warning, when I see you've read this, I'm moving it there, too.

what does this mean? you see what we look at?

I can see who's reading the threads, just like you guys, by looking at the list on the bottom of the page. If I saw WAHusker in that thread, I'd presume he read the above and move the posts. Since he responded, it made it even easier.

oh, i assumed you were in a room full of monitors streaming with ip addresses and code following each of our viewing choices. (unrelated, if it appears i am visiting the daily hotness forum, my cat probably stepped on the keyboard). (i don't have a cat).