Citing Professional Sources in Posts

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Nebraska 2013 DB recruit Alonzo Moore just informed me that he has been academically cleared by the NCAA. #Huskers

And there was much rejoicing. Now we just need to hear from Jared Afalava.

I just posted that same tweet just a little bit modified... I'm watching you Knapp -.-.

I deleted that. You need to cite your source if you're going to post what someone wrote verbatim.

I deleted that. You need to cite your source if you're going to post what someone wrote verbatim.

Yeah, otherwise that would be message board plagiarism. Very serious offense.

We've been contacted by local news in the past for not citing sources. Read THIS if you don't know the rules on posting this stuff. Doesn't matter if it was a tweet - Callahan makes his living with this information. We have zero reason to expose HuskerBoard to a lawsuit because someone doesn't want to cite a source.

Ive read it before and still think its an absolute joke. Most of us are part of forums much bigger and much small than this one that have no qualms about posting articles. It's annoying to have to have to leave the forums just to read an article.

If you think the rules of this forum are a joke, you're welcome to post elsewhere. :)

Ive read it before and still think its an absolute joke. Most of us are part of forums much bigger and much smaller than this one that have no qualms about posting articles. It's annoying to have to have to leave the forums just to read an article.

use chrome. the tabs are amazing.

Yeah, otherwise that would be message board plagiarism. Very serious offense.

lol, ya sometimes people take these forums a bit too serious :D

:facepalm: Really?

Knapplc--simple, really. :)

Post the IP in the open for each user and for each post. This way, Sean Callahan (or any other media body) can sue the individual posters that can't be bothered to type a few extra characters and/or offer a hyperlink back to cite their source.

After a few lawsuits, they'll figure it out...maybe. :hmmph

Ive read it before and still think its an absolute joke. Most of us are part of forums much bigger and much small than this one that have no qualms about posting articles. It's annoying to have to have to leave the forums just to read an article.

If you think the rules of this forum are a joke, you're welcome to post elsewhere. :)

I'm aware, thanks. While I'm at it I'll post callahans tweet without citing it too. I know, sounds wild doesn't it? Hope I don't get sued.

• Fire 1