Paul Ryan - Stimulus Cash Advocate

Hey KNAPP what is the reason for Obama being the only President EVER to not submit a budget? What was he afraid of when he had all three branches of government for 2 years? Looks to me like he is hiding something. At least Ryan had the BALLS to submit a budget! Put that in your objective pipe and smoke it! :lol:

Ummm... Even Paul Ryan knows that Obama has submitted a budget each year in office. That's just pathetic, Alamo.

Now, if you want to talk about the colossal failure of the Democrats in Congress not passing budgets, that's something we can discuss (and likely agree that it's a terrible, terrible abrogation of duty to the American people).

But if you're going to throw crap around, at least know what you're talking about. K? ;)

You are right, I unlike you will admit fault. The proper phrasing should have been PASSED A BUDGET!!!

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-budget-fails-414-0-as-democrats-bail/article/1202571#.UDGXqqNwmHs

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/05/16/99-0-senate-votes-down-obamas-budget-unanimously-again/

So why isn't ONE DEMOCRAT voting for his budget!!!???

The last actual federal budget was passed in 1997. Obama, in 2009, passed an Omnibus bill budget. Since then, we have only had continuing resolutions that are intended to "keep the govt running".

http://prospect.org/article/does-congress-even-need-pass-budget

As it relates to Ryan's initial support of the stimulus, did it go to bailing out private companies? Invest in private companies ie Solyndra? Give monies to pet projects? Or did the monies go towards other things? I am not asking a loaded question, I honestly do not know.

Before I can say Ryan is like every other Politician, I would at least like to know what the bill spent the monies on.

As noted above, Ryan at least has the balls to actually try to do something with SS ad Medicare. IIRC, he is the only person I can remember even remotely talking about changing it up especially in public.

I am still reading his complete legislation, but I do know that Obama wacked 716 billion from Medicare. Hard to say he isn't cutting it.

You bring up some great common sense points. Not to mention our reluctance to "drill here, drill now", tap into our oil reserves, use clean coal, alt energy such as wind, solar, atomic etc......

Sadly, R or D, we have been dependent on Middle Eastern oil since the 1970's and Carter. You figure somebody in control would have demanded that we find some way to get independent energy. I have read that we are sitting on one of the world's largest shale (IIRC) deposits in the world, but we refuse to exploit. Seems like that would create jobs and decrease our dependence.

Enjoy the back and forth and different views.

Glad to hear that you are doing well in NE. They do seem to be one of the areas still doing well. Trying to convince the wife to move back. Need to come back in January to make sure she is good with winter!

Oil & gas production have gone up every year in the past 3 years.

1ZBRy.png

tExYd.png

The shale formations in ND, and probably some others that are economically feasible to extract oil from are being exploited. I underlined economically feasible because these are colossal investments that have lower margins than traditional extraction methods; there is a point of too much risk that prevents other resources from being tapped.

I don't know why there is a debate about coal in this country. Clean coal doesn't exist, no matter how much it is scrubbed it still pumps loads of poison and other contaminants into the fair. Even if you 100% believe global warming is not real, this should be of concern to you. The extraction of coal is also wrecking the environment wholesale...mountaintop removal and coal slurry delight? Investing another penny of anyone's money into coal for electricity, or nuclear fission for and all its associated risk when solar power will soon be cheaper seems ridiculous to me. If nothing else, If nothing else, I hope Obama's legacy is that there is a chance of solar panels for the globe reading Made in USA rather than Made in China...

Offhand I'd say it's because we have some of the worst congresspersons in this country's history in office right now, both Democrat and Republican. They are polarized in the extreme, they are putting partisan politics ahead of this country's well-being, and they are content to keep doing so as long as we keep these nimrods in power.

Offhand I'd say it's because we have some of the worst congresspersons in this country's history in office right now, both Democrat and Republican. They are polarized in the extreme, they are putting partisan politics ahead of this country's well-being, and they are content to keep doing so as long as we keep these nimrods in power.

You are right there with the President leading they way using Alinsky tactic #13: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

You bring up some great common sense points. Not to mention our reluctance to "drill here, drill now", tap into our oil reserves, use clean coal, alt energy such as wind, solar, atomic etc......

Sadly, R or D, we have been dependent on Middle Eastern oil since the 1970's and Carter. You figure somebody in control would have demanded that we find some way to get independent energy. I have read that we are sitting on one of the world's largest shale (IIRC) deposits in the world, but we refuse to exploit. Seems like that would create jobs and decrease our dependence.

Glad to hear that you are doing well in NE. They do seem to be one of the areas still doing well. Trying to convince the wife to move back. Need to come back in January to make sure she is good with winter!

1ZBRy.png

tExYd.png

The shale formations in ND, and probably some others that are economically feasible to extract oil from are being exploited. I underlined economically feasible because these are colossal investments that have lower margins than traditional extraction methods; there is a point of too much risk that prevents other resources from being tapped.

I don't know why there is a debate about coal in this country. Clean coal doesn't exist, no matter how much it is scrubbed it still pumps loads of poison and other contaminants into the fair. Even if you 100% believe global warming is not real, this should be of concern to you. The extraction of coal is also wrecking the environment wholesale...mountaintop removal and coal slurry delight? Investing another penny of anyone's money into coal for electricity, or nuclear fission for and all its associated risk when solar power will soon be cheaper seems ridiculous to me. If nothing else, If nothing else, I hope Obama's legacy is that there is a chance of solar panels for the globe reading Made in USA rather than Made in China...

I'd say the biggest reason we don't drill more domestically is the one that is never mentioned, we as a country want to use everyone else's oil up first. Then when the world is out of oil and scrambling for alternatives we will still have some here in reserve to use. It's great to come up with alternatives, I'm all for it, but we are decades and even centuries away from finding alternate energy sources that will power things like jets, tractors, tanks, etc. Sorry but you aren't going slap a solar panel on a tractor and watch it pull an 18 row planter through the field. Bio fuels are a nice thought but we are quickly learning how fragile that industry is when grain prices skyrocket. The world isn't getting any less populated either and I'm not seeing any less demand for food in the near future.

BTW, I'd love for you to post some sources confirming that solar is going to be the cheaper source soon because I haven't seen it. I'd love to have solar panels on my house and in fact have been looking into it the past year even looking into making your own and I haven't seen anything close to making it economically worthwhile on my part to do it. Right now the investment far exceeds the return.

1ZBRy.png

tExYd.png

I'd say the biggest reason we don't drill more domestically is the one that is never mentioned, we as a country want to use everyone else's oil up first. Then when the world is out of oil and scrambling for alternatives we will still have some here in reserve to use. It's great to come up with alternatives, I'm all for it, but we are decades and even centuries away from finding alternate energy sources that will power things like jets, tractors, tanks, etc. Sorry but you aren't going slap a solar panel on a tractor and watch it pull an 18 row planter through the field. Bio fuels are a nice thought but we are quickly learning how fragile that industry is when grain prices skyrocket. The world isn't getting any less populated either and I'm not seeing any less demand for food in the near future.

BTW, I'd love for you to post some sources confirming that solar is going to be the cheaper source soon because I haven't seen it. I'd love to have solar panels on my house and in fact have been looking into it the past year even looking into making your own and I haven't seen anything close to making it economically worthwhile on my part to do it. Right now the investment far exceeds the return.

the problem is the cartels. for every barrel of oil we produce, they will produce one less and continue to control the price. also, bio-fuels work when we use waste crops, not valued crops like corn.

Not to mention the dumbass commisions a "bi-partisan budget commision", then doesn't do one thing they say? Why are all the states with democrat governers in the crapper and going bankrupt and people leaving there state and states with Republican Governers are not doing bad at all?

calling the president 'dumbass'? classy.

Anyone using the Daily Show for any form of information as being a credible source is what is wrong with America!

what states are you referring to?

do you have evidence to the contrary of 'the daily show' not being credible?

Only a complete fool thinks the oil drilled here is only for our use. The oil companies will sell it on the open market. More drilling won't do squat for prices. The oil companies have everyone used to $3.50+ gas, what reason are they going to lower prices?

To say nothing on the fact that gas prices are as much influenced by the speed in which crude is refined into gasoline. And you can count on a refinery going down for 'maintenance' whenever prices start to slip. Just use the last few months for a case in point.

• Fire 1

Not to mention the dumbass commisions a "bi-partisan budget commision", then doesn't do one thing they say? Why are all the states with democrat governers in the crapper and going bankrupt and people leaving there state and states with Republican Governers are not doing bad at all?

calling the president 'dumbass'? classy.

Anyone using the Daily Show for any form of information as being a credible source is what is wrong with America!

what states are you referring to?

do you have evidence to the contrary of 'the daily show' not being credible?

Who needs facts when you have 'truthiness'

• Fire 1

Only a complete fool thinks the oil drilled here is only for our use. The oil companies will sell it on the open market. More drilling won't do squat for prices. The oil companies have everyone used to $3.50+ gas, what reason are they going to lower prices?

To say nothing on the fact that gas prices are as much influenced by the speed in which crude is refined into gasoline. And you can count on a refinery going down for 'maintenance' whenever prices start to slip. Just use the last few months for a case in point.

it is a complete scam largely based on speculation and artificial influences applying upward pressure on price.

also, hskr, the need is for improvements in battery technology. you mentioned that we may be centuries away from the necessary technology to be energy independent. i think we will have to figure it out sooner, do we know how much longer we can rely on oil?