Pot calling the Kettle...

Surely you can see the irony of the most under-vetted presidential candidate ever ..........

What?

Kidding Carl ?

Surely you really don't believe BO did not get a vetting pass because of the sycophantic panting of the press back in 2008.

I'd venture to say we know more about Amelia Earhardts last selection of underwear then we know about Obama's collegiate days.............

Surely you can see the irony of the most under-vetted presidential candidate ever ..........

What?

Kidding Carl ?

Surely you really don't believe BO did not get a vetting pass because of the sycophantic panting of the press back in 2008.

I'd venture to say we know more about Amelia Earhardts last selection of underwear then we know about Obama's collegiate days.............

that is some standard you have set. obama has to reveal the kind of person he was as an 18 yr old, while romney hides his activity as an adult. this is odd, how much you care about obama as a college student. it is also funny how so many conservatives were upset because people just liked obama because he was a 'rockstar', and now conservatives hate him just for who they perceive him to be. it is not ok to like his personality, but that is reason enough to hate him.

• Fire 2

What?

Kidding Carl ?

that is some standard you have set. obama has to reveal the kind of person he was as an 18 yr old, while romney hides his activity as an adult. this is odd, how much you care about obama as a college student. it is also funny how so many conservatives were upset because people just liked obama because he was a 'rockstar', and now conservatives hate him just for who they perceive him to be. it is not ok to like his personality, but that is reason enough to hate him.

I don't see how you get "hate" and "rockstar" from my post....?

I'm just applying the same standard to Obama about transparency. Just like it "seems" like MR must be hiding something with the tax issue, it is curious that BO has expended a lot of effort keep his collegiate information private. If you don't see that as a mirroring situation fine, but don't smear everyone who thinks he is disingenuous with the automatic hate label.

What?

Kidding Carl ?

I don't see how you get "hate" and "rockstar" from my post....?

I'm just applying the same standard to Obama about transparency. Just like it "seems" like MR must be hiding something with the tax issue, it is curious that BO has expended a lot of effort keep his collegiate information private. If you don't see that as a mirroring situation fine, but don't smear everyone who thinks he is disingenuous with the automatic hate label.

that was a rant. i have been seeing a theme of people personally attacking obama and thought i would shoehorn my point in here.

that is not the same standard. one is asking for the transparency of a grown man, the other is asking for transparency of a minor to young man.

edit: i do not see where i personally smear you with the hate label.

Kidding Carl ?

Not kidding at all.

I see the "most under vetted candidate ever" thrown about in various echo chambers. I've never seen data backing that up. Heck . . . I've never seen a coherent argument in support of that argument.

I've seen 12 years of Obama's tax returns. I've seen 1 year of Romney's tax returns. What do you think is more relevant for evaluating a presidential candidate? Knowing who is paying the candidate and how much . . . who has placed money in their pocket . . . etc. OR knowing a president's grade in Western Civ back in 1979?

Seems like an easy answer to me. Then again, I'd like as much disclosure as possible. And you? Do you think that Willard should release his tax returns AND that Barack should release his transcripts? Or do you hold positions based on political convenience?

• Fire 1

Kidding Carl ?

Not kidding at all.

I see the "most under vetted candidate ever" thrown about in various echo chambers. I've never seen data backing that up. Heck . . . I've never seen a coherent argument in support of that argument.

I've seen 12 years of Obama's tax returns. I've seen 1 year of Romney's tax returns. What do you think is more relevant for evaluating a presidential candidate? Knowing who is paying the candidate and how much . . . who has placed money in their pocket . . . etc. OR knowing a president's grade in Western Civ back in 1979?

Seems like an easy answer to me. Then again, I'd like as much disclosure as possible. And you? Do you think that Willard should release his tax returns AND that Barack should release his transcripts? Or do you hold positions based on political convenience?

Favor as much as possible from everyone !!

(been traveling today and must have missed the "Willard" reference.................is that the new condescending term for MR............. RAT?)

sd'sker

i do not see where i personally smear you with the hate label.(been trying to respond but the infernal "quotes do not match" message has been stopping me)

No problem. I didn't take it personally. Just saying it's easy to fall into the trap (for all of us) to paint everyone with the ol' broad brush.

To your other point, I consider most college students as men (can get drafted, buy beer, get married, etc) so I somewhat disagree with your assertion that there is a distinction between "men".

(although I do concede I hope I'm far more mature now than I was then).

Kidding Carl ?

Not kidding at all.

(been traveling today and must have missed the "Willard" reference.................is that the new condescending term for MR............. RAT?)

Condescending? That's Romney's first name.

Glad to hear that you're joining our call for the release of Romney's tax returns.

• Fire 1

sd'sker

i do not see where i personally smear you with the hate label.(been trying to respond but the infernal "quotes do not match" message has been stopping me)

No problem. I didn't take it personally. Just saying it's easy to fall into the trap (for all of us) to paint everyone with the ol' broad brush.

To your other point, I consider most college students as men (can get drafted, buy beer, get married, etc) so I somewhat disagree with your assertion that there is a distinction between "men".

(although I do concede I hope I'm far more mature now than I was then).

i take responsibility for the confusion with the hate label. i did not mean to imply you and i could have worded or framed that rant better.

you are right, they are both men, but it is your concession i was getting at. the tax returns are much more relevant, not to mention a standard has been created for presidential candidates starting with mitt's dad.

Kidding Carl ?

Not kidding at all.

Glad to hear that you're joining our call for the release of Romney's tax returns.

I've always said it's baffling and I wish he would.......

And although you like to mock the lack of transparency issue of grades and position papers as report cards and Western Civ....................you still can't explain why he has spent so much effort to hide it. Why, what could possibly be in there?

Kidding Carl ?

Not kidding at all.

And although you like to mock the lack of transparency issue of grades and position papers as report cards and Western Civ....................you still can't explain why he has spent so much effort to hide it. Why, what could possibly be in there?

what do you expect to find? the obama wrote a dissertation in favor of a bolshevik revolution? if so, so what? or that he is a foreign exchange student? that must be it. but what effort has he put to hide it. i get your point, if you do not reveal something, you must be hiding something. after all, that is what we are criticizing romney of, hiding something. except he has been doing this since '94 and has lied about what he was hiding when he told us to trust him.

you still can't explain why he has spent so much effort to hide it. Why, what could possibly be in there?

What lengths has he gone to?

Actually . . . I think that you referred to the issue of Romney's hidden tax returns as a "manufactured distraction." I guess you've changed your mind. Also, I hope that if you still believe it to be a "manufactured distraction" that you would extend that same label to college transcripts. :P

• Fire 1

soooo, "he's not Obama" isn't a good way to choose a candidate??

I'm so confused, tax returns, birth certificate, transcripts blah blah blah

Has either talked about fixing this country with anything remotely resembling concrete action?

no political two stepping allowed :D