Pot calling the Kettle...

the problem is the nature of campaigns anymore. the politicians get to act self-righteous while their attack dogs (pacs and now superpacs) do the dirty work. also, pacs do go rogue. i mean, for god's sake, romney killed a guy's wife, but not really, but a guy's wife did die, and romney did not do it?

The part that strains credulity was not listed in your link, but was part of the presser.

BO ACTUALLY said this............If you want to be President of the United States, your life should be an open book..............

I'll give him this.................somehow, he was able to say it with a straight face.......... :lol:

The part that strains credulity was not listed in your link, but was part of the presser.

BO ACTUALLY said this............If you want to be President of the United States, your life should be an open book..............

I'll give him this.................somehow, he was able to say it with a straight face.......... :lol:

What are you implying he is hiding? He had an autobiography out before he even ran for President that covered a lot of things that would normally be 'dirt' Please tell me you are not one of those 'birther' lunatics?

What are you implying he is hiding? He had an autobiography out before he even ran for President that covered a lot of things that would normally be 'dirt' Please tell me you are not one of those 'birther' lunatics?

I can't believe the mainstream media wants to see Romney's tax returns.

Also, why won't Obama release his report cards? What is he hiding?! ;)

• Fire 1

Spend too much time blaming the "other" guy and no time explaining how you will fix the problem. Blame and lie enough and something will stick to your opponent.

Thats exactly it.

They'll make you afraid of "it" so you'll hate "it". They won't ever explain how they'll fix "it", but they'll damn sure make you know that the other guy is going to make "it" worse.

Spend too much time blaming the "other" guy and no time explaining how you will fix the problem.

We do all realize that this was Romney's entire campaign, right? Even right here on this board, when asked "Why do you want Romney," several people answered, "He's not Obama."

Both sides do this. It's as wrong for Obama as it is for Romney (or Dems or Republicans in general).

The thing is, there's a difference between drawing a contrast between you and the other guy (perfectly OK, even necessary) and what amounts to character assassination (not OK, clouds the real issues, and is simple muckraking).

Spend too much time blaming the "other" guy and no time explaining how you will fix the problem.

We do all realize that this was Romney's entire campaign, right? Even right here on this board, when asked "Why do you want Romney," several people answered, "He's not Obama."

Both sides do this. It's as wrong for Obama as it is for Romney (or Dems or Republicans in general).

The thing is, there's a difference between drawing a contrast between you and the other guy (perfectly OK, even necessary) and what amounts to character assassination (not OK, clouds the real issues, and is simple muckraking).

and both sides are culpable

Not a birther. Just wondering why he's fought to keep his college transcripts from being released? (surely, those so breathlessly salivating to peer at MR's taxes are equally salivating over taking a gander at how the President performed and/or wrote about in college...right?

Surely you can see the irony of the most under-vetted presidential candidate ever ..........saying a candidate's life should be an open book.....?

Not a birther. Just wondering why he's fought to keep his college transcripts from being released? (surely, those so breathlessly salivating to peer at MR's taxes are equally salivating over taking a gander at how the President performed and/or wrote about in college...right?

Surely you can see the irony of the most under-vetted presidential candidate ever ..........saying a candidate's life should be an open book.....?

Agree. It is both sides or their respective proxies. Now being biased, I see more "character assassination" from Obama, but both just attack and do not say a word about how they will fix the issues. I would like to actually have a debate in which the moderators say here is a problem Americans see. How do you fix it?

Agree. It is both sides or their respective proxies. Now being biased, I see more "character assassination" from Obama, but both just attack and do not say a word about how they will fix the issues. I would like to actually have a debate in which the moderators say here is a problem Americans see. How do you fix it?

They do ask those questions, but all of these politicians are adept at spinning that answer back into their talking point, and nothing of substance is ever discussed. The debates are a dog-and-pony show.

Heck, our whole electoral process is broken, from the years-long candidacies to the Electoral College to dangling chad to Citizens United... We've let ourselves get into a huge mess here.

They do ask those questions, but all of these politicians are adept at spinning that answer back into their talking point, and nothing of substance is ever discussed. The debates are a dog-and-pony show.

Heck, our whole electoral process is broken, from the years-long candidacies to the Electoral College to dangling chad to Citizens United... We've let ourselves get into a huge mess here.

Speaking of the debates......How Do they choose the moderators? (Candy Crowley......?? immediately after opining that the selection of Ryan as VP was a "death wish"...)

I'd really like to see a debate where a moderator arrives with an edge and a persistence to follow-up on the inevitable spinning with a bulldog mentality. It would need to be somebody with enough confidence to actually PRESS the candidates and I confess to not knowing who that might be.