Coach Solich Top 25

Vizsla1

Good for Frank and the Bobcats. A little concern, however, that they can't put anyone away. Their games are always close and they allow lesser teams/talent to hang around and eventually that bites you.

The did that with Buffalo, but pulled the same trick on Penn St. Anyways I think it is tough for a program that has never been ranked before to really develop a killer instinct.

Week 9- BCS #24-- Bring on Miami (OH) this weekend. Bobcats really need to blow out an opponent to gain some additional favor with the polls. Either way, it is an interesting journey for them. The MAC does not have enough lobbying power to be in BCS, but it could be an interesting discussion as the season matures and if the Bobcats remain undefeated.

A article from 10/22 discussing Bobcats being a bracket buster

FOX SPORTS BCS BUSTERS..

THE ALSO-RAN (FOR NOW)

OHIO: A bye week (and losses by Cincinnati, TCU and Iowa State) seemed to do the Bobcats (7-0) a favor, as they appeared at No. 24 in this week’s BCS standings after previously being unranked — now it’s just a matter of catching Boise State and getting into the top 16.

Ohio already has knocked off the bottom three teams in its division, and the challenge gets tougher going forward, with games against Miami (Ohio), Bowling Green and Kent State. A win over the Golden Flashes (6-1) would be huge for Ohio’s resume, but a presumptive Mid-American Conference championship game may be an even better opportunity for the Bobcats to show their worth.

Northern Illinois (7-1) and Toledo (7-1) are outstanding teams in the MAC West, and both would be potential BCS Busters if not for Week 1 losses to Iowa (18-17) and Arizona (24-17 in OT), respectively. A win over whichever team advances to the MAC title game likely would be a valuable top 25 victory, should it happen, but still may not propel the Bobcats past Boise State.

ATHENS, Ohio - The Ohio University football team will look to continue its winning ways with its 2011 regular season finale on Tuesday as it welcomes Miami University to Peden Stadium for senior day. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.

With its 29-28 win this last Wednesday at Bowling Green and Miami's 24-21 loss versus Western Michigan, Ohio won the Mid-American Conference East title and picked up its season-best fourth straight victory. Ohio has won three out of the last six MAC East titles.

Battle of the Bricks: Ohio v. Miami of Ohio, Oct. 27 LINK

The dream of a BCS bowl for Ohio is over. No thye must focus on trying to win the conference. The Bobcats sit tied for third (with Miami OH) in the East with Kent State and Bowling Green ahead of them. If both those teams finish atop, this loss will have an additional impact because of the head-to-head match up this past weekend...I was sadly mistaken to think they could hang on to an undefeated season and possibly upset the system. Just like in nature, things end up balancing out.

Ohio dropped even further out of the top 25, even though they won. It will be hard for them to make it back up to the Top 25 before the bowl season. I sure hope they can slide into a conference championship game. The Bobcats welcome Bowling Green (6-3, 4-1 in MAC play) to PedenStadium next Wednesday night. The Falcons are on a five-game win streak. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN2. Go fighting Frankies.

Conference Standings MAC

Safe to say the dream of Ohio being in the top 25 at the end of the season, is over after another loss. They dipped their toe into the spot light for a short time and created some local excitement. Best of luck to them as they finish their season.

I watched the 1st quarter last night before heading to bed, and Ohio looked to be doing pretty good. Sad to see Solich get a loss.

I kind of like what he has going on, on the offensive line, with the right guard tapping the Center. I guess this is something that started in the NFL. I need to do more reading on it, but it seems to keep that O-line in check. I don't watch much NFL and am slowly getting back into it lol.